Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(25-10-2015 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 04:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Longevity around here isn't that great a gauge...have you forgotten Ego®?

What the hell? Ego®'s gone? Dafuq.

You can always order his book...Angel

http://www.amazon.com/The-Veridican-Gosp...0983897131

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 05:05 PM
(25-10-2015 03:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Because I was already putting forth a lot of effort in bettering my life. The revaluation was an outside occurrence that no doubt was somewhat a result of my own self made pain and want for positive change. That doesn't make it not from an outside source. I was most likely stewing in anger as I always did at that time. The instant, relief from all the negativity that was on my shoulders was not by my own hand. The input of memories long forgotten within a wholly new and different light and significance was in no way from me. I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.

So you say.

Our brains work in ways we don't even understand yet.

I have also had buried memories surface...it's because I was ready to deal with them. I had long ago put up the god pacifier. I was working on myself. All the years I asked god to help, he ignored my pleas.

If thinking your god is what saved you from yourself and that helps you sleep at night, fine. But don't think that everyone buys your explanation. Especially here.

Take your hippy-dippy goddidit stuff to a receptive audience...this ain't it.
I agree; our minds aren't known totally. Why do you think it is plausible? I was atheist for over 20 years minimum. I'm sorry you don't like what happened to me. Spite and anger towards God never did anything as far as I can recall. I don't claim to know why God does its bidding. You act like I'm saying one can't help themselves. That's not what I am saying at all. You must do for yourself. That is part of responsibility, and free will. That in know way means that doing for the benefit of creation under the direction of the Creator of said existence isn't the way of life. I think some sort of honesty with self and lack of material want for self is key. I know you don't care about what I think. The point is that there are any number of reasons that you can't perceive benefits or knowledge from God, either through your conscience, scripture, or revelation. A guess would be spite, or greed, as opposed to peace and help.
25-10-2015, 05:07 PM
(25-10-2015 05:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What the hell? Ego®'s gone? Dafuq.

You can always order his book...Angel

http://www.amazon.com/The-Veridican-Gosp...0983897131

Bucky's review fucking puts me on the floor laughing every time I read it. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
(25-10-2015 05:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So you say.

Our brains work in ways we don't even understand yet.

I have also had buried memories surface...it's because I was ready to deal with them. I had long ago put up the god pacifier. I was working on myself. All the years I asked god to help, he ignored my pleas.

If thinking your god is what saved you from yourself and that helps you sleep at night, fine. But don't think that everyone buys your explanation. Especially here.

Take your hippy-dippy goddidit stuff to a receptive audience...this ain't it.
I agree; our minds aren't known totally. Why do you think it is plausible? I was atheist for over 20 years minimum. I'm sorry you don't like what happened to me. Spite and anger towards God never did anything as far as I can recall. I don't claim to know why God does its bidding. You act like I'm saying one can't help themselves. That's not what I am saying at all. You must do for yourself. That is part of responsibility, and free will. That in know way means that doing for the benefit of creation under the direction of the Creator of said existence isn't the way of life. I think some sort of honesty with self and lack of material want for self is key. I know you don't care about what I think. The point is that there are any number of reasons that you can't perceive benefits or knowledge from God, either through your conscience, scripture, or revelation. A guess would be spite, or greed, as opposed to peace and help.

I have no anger toward fictional characters.

Why are you here?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
(25-10-2015 03:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.

You deserve all the credit AND all is God's doing.
No. Pride is kin to greed and is a root for evil that could creep in and choke good. Selflessness is key, make no mistake.
25-10-2015, 05:09 PM
(25-10-2015 03:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know I sound retarded a lot of times.

While I initially found it irritating and annoying, I am starting to find it quite endearing. And hell if you've lasted here this long you deserve some credit.
Thank you. I really appreciate that.
25-10-2015, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 05:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-10-2015 05:07 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Selflessness is key, make no mistake.

That is The Word. Can you imagine complete selflessness? I try. It's difficult and introduces all sorta self-referential paradoxes. I think the Buddhist Koans are designed to specifically get past the paradoxes. The Buddhists call it Nirvana and the Christians call it Heaven. It's not an easy thing to contemplate let alone achieve. But it is The Word no matter which prophet proclaimed it.

[Image: gwynnie_2.jpg]

I blame bemore for contaminating me with this woo. Angry

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-10-2015, 05:19 PM
(25-10-2015 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The input of memories long forgotten within a wholly new and different light and significance was in no way from me. I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.

So, does this god you believe in, because of your revelations (or x use), also get the blame when things in your life go wrong or is that all your fault? Consider
All things are of God reciprocal to my actions and oft times mercifully, and forgivingly so. We have our own will. God constantly gives us new outcomes based on our actions and thoughts. It does this for all at all times. It also gave all of existence that we obviously are privy to. Being outwardly good for the sake of existence in a respectful manner in acknowledgement of your own personal responsibility and gift of will and potential without want is reciprocity and as such, beneficial to All.
Sorry rant.
25-10-2015, 05:21 PM
(25-10-2015 05:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, does this god you believe in, because of your revelations (or x use), also get the blame when things in your life go wrong or is that all your fault? Consider
All things are of God reciprocal to my actions and oft times mercifully, and forgivingly so. We have our own will. God constantly gives us new outcomes based on our actions and thoughts. It does this for all at all times. It also gave all of existence that we obviously are privy to. Being outwardly good for the sake of existence in a respectful manner in acknowledgement of your own personal responsibility and gift of will and potential without want is reciprocity and as such, beneficial to All.
Sorry rant.

What about illness? How is that reciprocal? Basically you are saying you get what you deserve from your god.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-10-2015, 05:22 PM
(25-10-2015 04:33 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Because I was already putting forth a lot of effort in bettering my life. The revaluation was an outside occurrence that no doubt was somewhat a result of my own self made pain and want for positive change. That doesn't make it not from an outside source. I was most likely stewing in anger as I always did at that time. The instant, relief from all the negativity that was on my shoulders was not by my own hand. The input of memories long forgotten within a wholly new and different light and significance was in no way from me. I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.

Did you experience any intense feelings of deja vu?
No.

I have experienced dejavu before though. One of which did seem somewhat significant. Not as the time of initial revelation, or anything though.