Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(25-10-2015 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You can always order his book...Angel

http://www.amazon.com/The-Veridican-Gosp...0983897131

Bucky's review fucking puts me on the floor laughing every time I read it. Big Grin

I couldn't help but also read the author's biography. Usually, a book biography for a writer who isn't famous would include his or her credentials or any background information that is relevant to the topic of the book. Why would I need to know his exact birthday, where his daughter lives, or what color his cat is? Also "husband" should not be capitalized. I make spelling and grammar errors too, but my public biography on Amazon will be proofread, and then proofread again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(25-10-2015 05:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bucky's review fucking puts me on the floor laughing every time I read it. Big Grin

I couldn't help but also read the author's biography. Usually, a book biography for a writer who isn't famous would include his or her credentials or any background information that is relevant to the topic of the book. Why would I need to know his exact birthday, where his daughter lives, or what color his cat is? Also "husband" should not be capitalized. I make spelling and grammar errors too, but my public biography on Amazon will be proofread, and then proofread again.

You didn't have the 'pleasure' of getting to know Ego®. It's Ego®...claimed to be a psychiatric nurse but came off more like a psychiatric in-patient.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 05:27 PM
(25-10-2015 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I couldn't help but also read the author's biography. Usually, a book biography for a writer who isn't famous would include his or her credentials or any background information that is relevant to the topic of the book. Why would I need to know his exact birthday, where his daughter lives, or what color his cat is? Also "husband" should not be capitalized. I make spelling and grammar errors too, but my public biography on Amazon will be proofread, and then proofread again.

You didn't have the 'pleasure' of getting to know Ego®. It's Ego®...claimed to be a psychiatric nurse but came off more like a psychiatric in-patient.

I highly suggest that newcomers go read his thread if they want a chuckle.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-10-2015, 05:29 PM
(25-10-2015 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I couldn't help but also read the author's biography. Usually, a book biography for a writer who isn't famous would include his or her credentials or any background information that is relevant to the topic of the book. Why would I need to know his exact birthday, where his daughter lives, or what color his cat is? Also "husband" should not be capitalized. I make spelling and grammar errors too, but my public biography on Amazon will be proofread, and then proofread again.

On behalf of psychiatric patients everywhere, we resent the comparison. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-10-2015, 05:30 PM
(25-10-2015 05:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You didn't have the 'pleasure' of getting to know Ego®. It's Ego®...claimed to be a psychiatric nurse but came off more like a psychiatric in-patient.

On behalf of psychiatric patients everywhere, we resent the comparison. Tongue

I did specify in-patient...perhaps I should have added 'long-term'.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 05:31 PM
(25-10-2015 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's Ego®...claimed to be a psychiatric nurse but came off more like a psychiatric in-patient.

I'm not sure he wasn't both.

#sigh
25-10-2015, 05:35 PM
(25-10-2015 05:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's Ego®...claimed to be a psychiatric nurse but came off more like a psychiatric in-patient.

I'm not sure he wasn't both.

Good point. Consider

25-10-2015, 05:40 PM
(25-10-2015 05:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sorry you don't like what happened to me.

It has nothing at all to do with liking or not liking what you claim happened. It has to do with you providing evidence that the cause was what you claim it to be. Your "feels" are not evidence. Your apparent delusions are not credible.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-10-2015, 05:45 PM
(25-10-2015 05:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All things are of God reciprocal to my actions and oft times mercifully, and forgivingly so. We have our own will. God constantly gives us new outcomes based on our actions and thoughts. It does this for all at all times. It also gave all of existence that we obviously are privy to. Being outwardly good for the sake of existence in a respectful manner in acknowledgement of your own personal responsibility and gift of will and potential without want is reciprocity and as such, beneficial to All.
Sorry rant.

What about illness? How is that reciprocal? Basically you are saying you get what you deserve from your god.
Illnesses. I assume you would mean disease, virus, and genetic issues. It is my belief that most of these things are in some way exasperated by man, be it spread of virus and bacteria, or toxins from non respective pollution and depletion of atmosphere and earth. Over population creates problems with poverty and desease. This too is from lack of respect for the opportunities given to us.
Even now; I can get quite sick from a common cold as I have bout 50% lung capacity. I know what caused and causes my current dilemma. It is and has always been my own hand. Pretty wild how everything we perceive is of us yet more so by God. I have yet to completely give up greed(sin), as I kill myself with nicotine. It is still a fight. When I say I have help, I do. I must have patience and perseverance too though. I'm really glad the Lord is a merciful God, I know that. I also know that I will not quite. I realized something earlier; the fear it speaks of for me isn't of a hell or sheol, but of shame from lack of outwtdly righteous action regardless of knowledge given by the Creator of existence.
25-10-2015, 05:52 PM
(25-10-2015 11:06 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 10:52 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Hmm...correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the odds of the event happening wouldn't change depending on how many times you do it. Kinda like flipping a coin 10 times and getting all tails, doesn't mean you're more likely to get a heads next time. It would always be 50-50. I might not understand what you're getting at though.

You're right - each occurrence has the same odds, regardless of prior outcomes.

So, how can throwing 10 heads in a row have (this is not the right number but use it for example) a 1 in 1000 chance, yet after throwing 9 heads in a row, the odds of 10 in a row are now 50-50? That apparent paradox bothered me for a long time until I realized that the ALREADY ACHIEVED sequence of 9 heads in a row had brought the odds of getting 10 in a row down to 50-50. Each successive tossed head kept ratcheting the 10 in a row odds lower and lower.

The odds for each instance are not the same odds for a series - the series odds INCLUDE A SUCCESSION of outcomes. Each incremental success of a series outcome lowers the odds of reaching the full series until the final toss matches the odds of a single instance.

Hope that helps.

Every toss of the coin is the last one. Until the next.

You're comparing apples and oranges - one event versus n events.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user