Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(26-10-2015 04:45 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 04:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Did we invade and I missed the memo? Consider Facepalm

Well, let's just say that they may have noticed an unusually high number of guest IPs on this one thread.

That could be, but guests can't comment so they're safe.

Unless they're just freakishly that paranoid. I did see a couple atheists had posted in that thread, but they joined long before today.

*shrug*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2015, 05:06 PM
(26-10-2015 04:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, Jason, we won't treat you like that.

It's way too soon for me to commit to that. I've only just met the man.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-10-2015, 05:10 PM
(26-10-2015 05:01 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What was disappointing was that nothing was said that was disrespectful in any way. The only thing that was asked was to please show evidence that the bible is a credible source. There were some really good dialogue going on with the usual outlier who becomes offensive. But the thread quickly turned into a raging debate on trying to get apologetics and debate back on the forum. Then admin got involved.

So a bunch of people said they wanted to defend or debate apologists with others (other than Christians) and the admin there blamed the atheists?

I wanted to see a rational reply to the prize of a dude with the rebel flag avatar who believed atheists don't know shit about the bible

I guess I missed it. Oh well.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-10-2015, 05:11 PM
(26-10-2015 05:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 04:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, Jason, we won't treat you like that.

It's way too soon for me to commit to that. I've only just met the man.

Girly, I'm not sure you've committed to that with me!

.... probably because you realize that I'm just biding my time, waiting for the perfect moment to strike and hit the forum with walls of copy pasta from my yeshiva. Evil_monster
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
26-10-2015, 05:12 PM
(26-10-2015 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:01 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What was disappointing was that nothing was said that was disrespectful in any way. The only thing that was asked was to please show evidence that the bible is a credible source. There were some really good dialogue going on with the usual outlier who becomes offensive. But the thread quickly turned into a raging debate on trying to get apologetics and debate back on the forum. Then admin got involved.

So a bunch of people said they wanted to defend or debate apologists with others (other than Christians) and the admin there blamed the atheists?

I wanted to see a rational reply to the prize of a dude with the rebel flag avatar who believed atheists don't know shit about the bible

I guess I missed it. Oh well.
Yeah. He accused me of not knowing anything about the bible...I am working on a masters in divinity and studying to be a military chaplain.
26-10-2015, 05:13 PM
(26-10-2015 05:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's way too soon for me to commit to that. I've only just met the man.

Girly, I'm not sure you've committed to that with me!

.... probably because you realize that I'm just biding my time, waiting for the perfect moment to strike and hit the forum with walls of copy pasta from my yeshiva. Evil_monster

Laugh out load you made me laugh. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-10-2015, 05:14 PM
(26-10-2015 04:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I think they proved our point quite well.

Well, Jason, we won't treat you like that. You've more than demonstrated your willingness to have an open mind and approach a problem without bias. You're okay in my book. Smile

Ditto what Aliza said.

@ Jason - I’m really enjoying your attempt to walk in someone else’s shoes. I can’t wait for you to share more of your experiences as an undercover atheist.

You seem genuine Jason so kudos for that. I think that you’ll find the vast majority of the forum members in TTA welcoming of anyone who follows one simple rule, our mantra...”don’t be a dick”. If you follow that one rule you can believe in pink unicorns and no one (well, almost no one) here will give you much grief. You certainly won’t be banned for expressing your beliefs. We atheists tend to be more accepting of others than say...oh...I don’t know... Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Did anyone see my reply to ol' rebel flag guy?
26-10-2015, 05:19 PM
(26-10-2015 05:14 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Did anyone see my reply to ol' rebel flag guy?

Give us a hyperlink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-10-2015, 05:22 PM
(26-10-2015 10:26 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I will honestly say that I am really disturbed at how quickly I was being shut down for simply asking what evidence supports the credibility of the bible and the existence of god.

Welcome to our world...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post