Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(26-10-2015 05:12 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So a bunch of people said they wanted to defend or debate apologists with others (other than Christians) and the admin there blamed the atheists?

I wanted to see a rational reply to the prize of a dude with the rebel flag avatar who believed atheists don't know shit about the bible

I guess I missed it. Oh well.
Yeah. He accused me of not knowing anything about the bible...I am working on a masters in divinity and studying to be a military chaplain.

There are many former clergy that have become atheist. You can google the clergy project.

It's a group of former clergy.

We have a few (former) divinity students here. There are people who really do understand the bible and completely without irony proudly call themselves atheist.

Seth Andrews, the thinking atheist, was a former Christian radio broadcaster.

Many of us do actually know the bible quite well.

Smile

I'm sorry you're thread was treated so poorly there. It sucks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(26-10-2015 04:22 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Wow. I didn't even last a day.

You should see what happens when we show up at http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php.

I managed to last a while acting like a lapsed Catholic trying to find my way back but got bored with it. I didn't get banned but several here did, just for asking questions.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-10-2015, 05:26 PM
(26-10-2015 05:14 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Did anyone see my reply to ol' rebel flag guy?

I was going to go back but the thread was removed.

Was it good?? Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Yeah. It was officially removed because it was considered apologetic debate and the thread should be put in its appropriate category not in the ethics and morality category.... THERE IS NO APOLOGETIC DEBATE CATEGORY! Basically they were telling me that if I question there beliefs I am banned.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
26-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Maybe I should start a thread titled "Is it ethical to have an apologetic debate subforum on this site?".
26-10-2015, 05:35 PM
(26-10-2015 05:12 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So a bunch of people said they wanted to defend or debate apologists with others (other than Christians) and the admin there blamed the atheists?

I wanted to see a rational reply to the prize of a dude with the rebel flag avatar who believed atheists don't know shit about the bible

I guess I missed it. Oh well.
Yeah. He accused me of not knowing anything about the bible...I am working on a masters in divinity and studying to be a military chaplain.

No, Jason. Only people from their church who agree with their pastor know anything about the bible. Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
26-10-2015, 05:35 PM
(26-10-2015 05:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:14 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Did anyone see my reply to ol' rebel flag guy?

I was going to go back but the thread was removed.

Was it good?? Smile
Ol' rebel guy challenged me to list three things in the bible that I thought was contradictory just to show me how stupid I was. He also told me "if I couldn't put up then I should shut up".
26-10-2015, 05:37 PM
(26-10-2015 05:28 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Basically they were telling me that if I question there beliefs I am banned.

Bingo

Faith doesn't allow real questioning because it has only one answer for all questions and it quickly becomes apparent that that one answer isn't an answer at all.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
26-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Then another lady said something about how the "hebrew bible" (old testament doesn't matter because of the "christian bible". And then something about how "Jesus is the reason for the season"
26-10-2015, 05:39 PM
I feel alone I'm my principles. 😕
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post