Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2015, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2015 05:43 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(26-10-2015 05:35 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was going to go back but the thread was removed.

Was it good?? Smile
Ol' rebel guy challenged me to list three things in the bible that I thought was contradictory just to show me how stupid I was. He also told me "if I couldn't put up then I should shut up".

When you have some time read this thread by docskeptic, the man knows the Bible better than anyone here I think and funny as hell to boot.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...discipline

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2015, 05:43 PM
(26-10-2015 05:35 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was going to go back but the thread was removed.

Was it good?? Smile
Ol' rebel guy challenged me to list three things in the bible that I thought was contradictory just to show me how stupid I was. He also told me "if I couldn't put up then I should shut up".

How christian of him.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
26-10-2015, 05:45 PM
(26-10-2015 05:41 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:44 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What time is it on the north pole?

Which way are you facing?

And no, "south" is not specific enough!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-10-2015, 05:48 PM
(26-10-2015 05:43 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:35 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Ol' rebel guy challenged me to list three things in the bible that I thought was contradictory just to show me how stupid I was. He also told me "if I couldn't put up then I should shut up".

How christian of him.
I called him out. I told him that he has a lot to learn about how christians ought to conduct themselves and that people like him causes the greatest amount of damage when it comes to building the kingdom of God on earth. The three questions I asked was basically:
-If God is all knowing, why did he create Satan knowing he was going to rebel and take a third of the angels with him?
-if God is all powerful, why doesn't he just tell Satan to cut it out?
-Off God and Satan are enemies, why were they meeting to discuss the matters of Job?
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
26-10-2015, 05:52 PM
(26-10-2015 05:01 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What was disappointing was that nothing was said that was disrespectful in any way. The only thing that was asked was to please show evidence that the bible is a credible source. There were some really good dialogue going on with the usual outlier who becomes offensive. But the thread quickly turned into a raging debate on trying to get apologetics and debate back on the forum. Then admin got involved.
That's our world. Imagine if you were an atheist, and you had admitted it there. There are other sites that will ban you faster than that thread lasted.

Now also imagine that sort of behavior in real life where you can't hide behind IPs and online accounts.

That's what we get should we rock the boat, whether we actually rock it or they just assume we do.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
26-10-2015, 05:59 PM
(26-10-2015 05:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's way too soon for me to commit to that. I've only just met the man.

Girly, I'm not sure you've committed to that with me!

.... probably because you realize that I'm just biding my time, waiting for the perfect moment to strike and hit the forum with walls of copy pasta from my yeshiva. Evil_monster

Au contraire meschugena. I've been quivering with anticipation for your yeshiva ever since you got here.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-10-2015, 06:05 PM
(26-10-2015 05:48 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:43 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  How christian of him.
I called him out. I told him that he has a lot to learn about how christians ought to conduct themselves and that people like him causes the greatest amount of damage when it comes to building the kingdom of God on earth. The three questions I asked was basically:
-If God is all knowing, why did he create Satan knowing he was going to rebel and take a third of the angels with him?
-Off God and Satan are enemies, why were they meeting to discuss the matters of Job?
Btw...I have my own answers to these questions. Would anyone like to hear them?
26-10-2015, 06:05 PM
(26-10-2015 06:05 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 05:48 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I called him out. I told him that he has a lot to learn about how christians ought to conduct themselves and that people like him causes the greatest amount of damage when it comes to building the kingdom of God on earth. The three questions I asked was basically:
Btw...I have my own answers to these questions. Would anyone like to here them?
*hear
26-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Wow! I just figured out how to edit my post!
26-10-2015, 06:07 PM
(26-10-2015 05:12 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Yeah. He accused me of not knowing anything about the bible...I am working on a masters in divinity and studying to be a military chaplain.

That's a noble profession. I never met a military chaplain who was an intolerant asshole or who proselytized. They all seemed to know the priniciples of just about every religion and were able to assume the role of priest, rabbi, or iman or whatever was appropriate for the person seeking counsel. Even atheists. How do you study to be military chaplain without being in the military? Some sorta ROTC program?

#sigh