Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(27-10-2015 07:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 06:28 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I myself was born and raised Roman Catholic and I was a Catholic (although not a good one) until I was 21.
Good to see another recovering Catholic. It's rather easy to question that church, though. Smile
I know right. When almost half the catechisms directly contradict the bible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 08:18 PM
(27-10-2015 08:17 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 07:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Good to see another recovering Catholic. It's rather easy to question that church, though. Smile
I know right. When almost half the catechisms directly contradict the bible.

Seven years of Catholic school - came out an atheist. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-10-2015, 08:30 PM
(27-10-2015 08:02 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 02:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I've always been fond of Paul's expression, in 1 Timothy 1:15 (NIV)... "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst."

Hmmm. Sounds like false modesty, to me, especially in light of other things that Paul is alleged to have written.

Are you trying to tell me that there exists such a thing as an insincere, self-promoting, and/or false Prophet of God? I will never believe that!

Never, you hear me you blasphemer!?

(How'd I do?)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Well!

That was a lot to catch up on.

Do we think we've successfully answered Ruby's question?

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-10-2015, 11:57 PM
(27-10-2015 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do we think we've successfully answered Ruby's question?

Who? That was then, this is now the rag on the new guy thread. Unless you want some?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2015, 12:35 AM
What a marvelous thread.

It has it all.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
28-10-2015, 03:54 AM
(27-10-2015 11:57 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do we think we've successfully answered Ruby's question?

Who? That was then, this is now the rag on the new guy thread. Unless you want some?

Oooh! That's fightin' talk. OK, come at me, bro.

Hobo

28-10-2015, 04:27 AM
(27-10-2015 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Well!

That was a lot to catch up on.

Do we think we've successfully answered Ruby's question?

Big Grin

Ruby was just a drive-by poster. Angry

There is still one on-topic follow-up question from Tartarus that remains unanswered.
28-10-2015, 04:42 AM
(27-10-2015 07:54 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Does the fact that I say that I am praying for you offends you?

Whatever happened to Mark 6:7?

…6 “But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. 7 “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8 “So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.…

...but then you are a Gentile so I guess it doesn’t apply?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-10-2015, 04:46 AM
(28-10-2015 04:42 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 07:54 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Does the fact that I say that I am praying for you offends you?

Whatever happened to Mark 6:7?

…6 “But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. 7 “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8 “So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.…

...but then you are a Gentile so I guess it doesn’t apply?

Does it really say that? I turned to Mark 6, but I couldn't find that verse.