Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 12:43 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(28-10-2015 12:36 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:14 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I never said anything of the sort. Now you are making assumptions that are not true.

That was not a direct quote from you. It was a synopsis of many christians who come on here, make their claims, then disavow anything we dredge up from the OT.

You said:
"You are referring to old testament law. Without things getting out of hand you should read what I posted in the thread regarding that topic. Basically Jesus raised the standards."

If the standards were raised, then the old standards are not in place anymore. The old standards are out of date, just as v 3.4 is out of date when v 3.7 is released.
I never said the old testament was thrown out. Listen, I am sorry you and many others on this forum have been hassled and accused and mocked by many Christians many times. But what you are doing to me and my words are exactly the thing you speak against. Read what I wrote. Don't assume I am saying something that I am not. I can't tell you how many times I had to do the "facepalm" because of the ignorance you are displaying. You are trying to be smart but you are doing yourself a disservice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2015, 12:43 PM
(28-10-2015 12:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 03:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Look, I'm the forum Jew, not the forum military expert.

You mean we got 2 now?

Well, by my count, we're up to at least 4 now, including me. I'm sure I haven't ferreted them all out yet, though.

-I'm sure there are a few who are concealing their heritage from me out of fear that I'll badger them with Jewish-missionary tactics to get them to give up bacon and start keeping shabbos.
28-10-2015, 12:44 PM
(28-10-2015 12:41 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:32 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  My only recommendation is have a few of your own before you can give any advice on parenting.

I won't give you any reccomendations but I'll repeat. If you spank your children I deem you unfit as a parent.

(28-10-2015 12:32 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Because you have absolutely no idea what the reality of being a parent is.

So one must be a parent to know that beating children is bad? Grow up.

(28-10-2015 12:32 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I however am a single father of three very rambunctious boys who every day try to find new and creative ways to get themselves hurt or killed.

And you bravely save them from it by not sparing the rod. Congratulations Rolleyes.
And you are not a very credible source on parenting so who cares about your parenting advice.
28-10-2015, 12:46 PM
(28-10-2015 12:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You mean we got 2 now?

Well, by my count, we're up to at least 4 now, including me. I'm sure I haven't ferreted them all out yet, though.

-I'm sure there are a few who are concealing their heritage from me out of fear that I'll badger them with Jewish-missionary tactics to get them to give up bacon and start keeping shabbos.

You're just fucking with Girly now. There ain't no Jewish missionaries. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-10-2015, 12:47 PM
(28-10-2015 12:44 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:41 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I won't give you any reccomendations but I'll repeat. If you spank your children I deem you unfit as a parent.

So one must be a parent to know that beating children is bad? Grow up.

And you bravely save them from it by not sparing the rod. Congratulations Rolleyes.
And you are not a very credible source on parenting so who cares about your parenting advice.

I don't give a shit about you caring. I'm only stating what is my opinion about you and currently it hardly could sunk lower.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Has anyone here tried to resin with a punk 12 year old? Why do I feel like I am getting that here?
28-10-2015, 12:48 PM
(28-10-2015 12:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I never said the old testament was thrown out. Listen, I am sorry you and many others on this forum have been hassled and accused and mocked by many Christians many times. But what you are doing to me and my words are exactly the thing you speak against. Read what I wrote. Don't assume I am saying something that I am not. I can't tell you how many times I had to do the "facepalm" because of the ignorance you are displaying. You are trying to be smart but you are doing yourself a disservice.

Jason, you should step away from this thread for a few days and start posting in other places. Move around and socialize a little. Then after getting your feet wet in other parts of the forum, come back to this thread and give it a full read-through and tell me that there aren't places in this thread that you haven't provoked people.
Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 12:49 PM
(28-10-2015 12:47 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:44 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  And you are not a very credible source on parenting so who cares about your parenting advice.

I don't give a shit about you caring. I'm only stating what is my opinion about you and currently it hardly could sunk lower.
So you know all about me because I choose to spank my kids? And I am the bigot?
28-10-2015, 12:50 PM
How many people on this forum who have children ever gave them a spanking?
28-10-2015, 12:52 PM
(28-10-2015 12:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 03:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  What does the Uniform Code of Military Justice mean? How does it apply to people?

It's a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo that not even the military lawyers understand. The punitive articles were all we were ever taught.

(27-10-2015 03:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Look, I'm the forum Jew, not the forum military expert.

You mean we got 2 now?

DLJ is a faux Jew. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user