Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(28-10-2015 01:26 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 01:06 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nothing wrong with provoking if one can take the heat that results from it.
Ok guys. I will go to senseativity training to learn how not to get an atheist offended and provoked because apparently it is very easy to do.

You better if you want to be a proper chaplain.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-10-2015, 04:19 PM
(28-10-2015 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 03:52 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, but DLJ scores a 30 or 40% on the Jew-Scale (even through the internet.) Results like that aren't coincidence when the test is being administered through a nameless, faceless forum like this one.

Nah, I've got to claim him.

Tartarus only scored a 10%. I would have missed him if he didn't out himself on the interviews.

Is the Jew-Scale objective? Consider

How did he score much of anything when he never lived it in any way? Facepalm

I learned this skill from my mother and my aunt, who learned it from their mother. My mother used to point Jews out in the mall and grocery store. She'd say to me, "See that lady over there with the glasses?" and I'd scan the room and nod my head. My mom would just go, "Jewish."

And if anyone challenged her judgment, she would actually go up to that person and ask them.

.... This is how I was raised. It's not my fault. Weeping

DLJ is a Jew. He just is.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2015 04:26 PM by Aliza.)
(28-10-2015 04:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't think so... I think he's the real deal.

Can you be a Jew without being circumcised?

Technically.

Edit: Just checked. The answer is yes, 100% Jewish provided that you were born to a Jewish mother.
28-10-2015, 04:21 PM
(28-10-2015 02:50 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I am really not upset with anyone here. Yes I am a little frustrated at times but that's to be expected. I am a Christian on an atheist forum after all.

You gonna get frustrated when you're a chaplain?

#sigh
28-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Why do people say xian, xianity, ect. And not christian, Christianity, ect...? Just curious.
28-10-2015, 04:41 PM
(28-10-2015 04:05 PM)julep Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 01:26 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Ok guys. I will go to senseativity training to learn how not to get an atheist offended and provoked because apparently it is very easy to do.

Cross off these strategies, they aren't working:

Passive aggression (of the bless your heart, I'll pray for you type)
Active aggression (taking offense at someone's post to you, deconstructing their words in the same way you're complaining about people deconstructing yours)
Condescension (Asserting that your understanding of Christianity is necessarily superior to the forum members', many of them serious students of this religion, asserting that your moral code is superior and harder to live by, asserting that you're here to "correct" understanding of the Bible--at best you can provide your reading of a passage and back it up as best you can)
Sarcasm piled on top of the above ("sensitivity training")

Some people here are easily offended, some are not. Stick around and you'll figure that out and stop worrying about the people who are automatically going to dismiss your points, be hyperconfrontational, etc. There's not a way to apologize and defend that is going to get everyone on your side or win everyone around to your POV. There's a "must get the last word" vibe to your posts at this point, and that isn't doing you any favors.
I will accept that statement. Good points.
28-10-2015, 04:42 PM
(28-10-2015 04:37 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why do people say xian, xianity, ect. And not christian, Christianity, ect...? Just curious.

Google is your friend.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...christmas/

It turns out, “Xmas” is not a non-religious version of “Christmas”. The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek, meaning “Christ”. So “Xmas” and “Christmas” are equivalent in every way except their lettering.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Alright, I'm calling it: Poe.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 04:47 PM
(28-10-2015 04:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Alright, I'm calling it: Poe.

Possible. But it's hard to be sure.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-10-2015, 04:51 PM
(28-10-2015 04:37 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why do people say xian, xianity, ect. And not christian, Christianity, ect...? Just curious.

I suppose there might be a few who just can't bear to type (or write) the word "Christ", but for the most part, I think it's for the same reasons that texters use symbols and numbers to abbreviate words -- it's a shortcut. People are lazy. Why type five letters when you can say the same thing with one?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post