Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(28-10-2015 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 04:37 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why do people say xian, xianity, ect. And not christian, Christianity, ect...? Just curious.

Google is your friend.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...christmas/

It turns out, “Xmas” is not a non-religious version of “Christmas”. The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek, meaning “Christ”. So “Xmas” and “Christmas” are equivalent in every way except their lettering.

Actually, we Jews have a different reasoning for using the x, as in xtian.

In Jewish culture, it's considered very bad to use the name or give any credibility to any false gods or idols. We view Jesus as being a false god (ie: idol), so many Jews feel more comfortable not spelling out words like "Christian" and would rather write "xtian". The same is true with Jesus. Many Jews prefer to just refer to him as "JC" or "Yuskie". Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Interesting.
28-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Based on your background. How do traditional jews feel about masonic jews.
28-10-2015, 04:57 PM
(28-10-2015 04:54 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Based on your background. How do traditional jews feel about masonic jews.

Free mason Jews? Or did you mean messianic Jews?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-10-2015, 05:00 PM
(28-10-2015 04:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Alright, I'm calling it: Poe.

I hope not...I really hoped he was genuine...slightly misguided, but genuine. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-10-2015, 05:08 PM
(28-10-2015 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 04:54 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Based on your background. How do traditional jews feel about masonic jews.

Well, Jason, I'm glad you asked that question.

We view halachic Jews as being Jews forever, so even though they may worship idols now, doesn't mean that they can't change their minds, and come home. We're bolstering our education force by minting new counter-missionaries in yeshivas all the time so we can educate our Jews away from idol worship.

We've seen remarkable results!

... Also, since I have your ear for a minute, I just wanted to let you know that Shabbos is coming up in a few days, and I'm going to make a special prayer for you so you can hopefully open your heart and your mind so you can get the answers (the truth!) to the questions that I know are keeping you up at night, and are what really brought you to this forum.

I'm here for you! I have a special, wonderful education perfectly suited to answering your questions about all those pesky contradictions that you see from the New Testament and the "old testament". Every time you post some misquoted prophesy or some ripped out of context scripture, I'll be there to correct it and help you learn what it really means.

HeartHeart Prayers for you! HeartHeart
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 05:12 PM
(28-10-2015 04:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Alright, I'm calling it: Poe.

Not yet, but I am keeping track of his mounting inconsistencies. It really doesn't matter if he's a Poe or a troll or not. It usually results in interesting dialog between the rest of us.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Jason - I've been away all day on a road trip, so I haven't been able to follow the conversation, but I just caught up.

You really need to pay closer attention. When you first said that we were "offended" by your prayers, I explained why we weren't offended by the prayers but by the motivation behind saying the phrase "I will pray for you" to an atheist.

You seemed to understand, but then you repeated it when you got frustrated, which tells me you're hearing but not listening to us.

While we have many people who are happy to razz you over what they see as "silly" beliefs, no one is offended at your beliefs, and no one cares if you change them or not. Pray away! Believe whatever you want. Just understand that not everyone sees active expression of your beliefs as a friendly gesture.

I'm trying to believe the best of you, that your intentions are good and your honor is true. I hope you become a rare sort of chaplain to whom atheist servicemen can turn when they need a bit of human guidance and counseling.

My time at the Academy taught me that most of the chaplains were quite hostile if they found out you were an atheist, and they openly brought my honor, integrity, and loyalty to the country (!!) into question when I was pressed on the issue... and I wasn't even a full atheist, yet! I just didn't think Christianity or any other manmade religion was a proper path to God, so I described myself as agnostic for lack of a better term.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-10-2015, 05:57 PM
(28-10-2015 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Yeah. I wasn't quite sure how to spell it so I differed to the stupid autocorrect. It is sad when your spelling is so bad that autocorrect can't even figure out what you are trying to write. Then again it will screw with your words when they are. Confused
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
28-10-2015, 06:00 PM
(28-10-2015 05:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Free mason Jews? Or did you mean messianic Jews?

Well, Jason, I'm glad you asked that question.

We view halachic Jews as being Jews forever, so even though they may worship idols now, doesn't mean that they can't change their minds, and come home. We're bolstering our education force by minting new counter-missionaries in yeshivas all the time so we can educate our Jews away from idol worship.

We've seen remarkable results!

... Also, since I have your ear for a minute, I just wanted to let you know that Shabbos is coming up in a few days, and I'm going to make a special prayer for you so you can hopefully open your heart and your mind so you can get the answers (the truth!) to the questions that I know are keeping you up at night, and are what really brought you to this forum.

I'm here for you! I have a special, wonderful education perfectly suited to answering your questions about all those pesky contradictions that you see from the New Testament and the "old testament". Every time you post some misquoted prophesy or some ripped out of context scripture, I'll be there to correct it and help you learn what it really means.

HeartHeart Prayers for you! HeartHeart
Sweet! Just let me know where. Exactly what kind of Jew are you?