Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(28-10-2015 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 04:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Alright, I'm calling it: Poe.

Not yet, but I am keeping track of his mounting inconsistencies. It really doesn't matter if he's a Poe or a troll or not. It usually results in interesting dialog between the rest of us.
What's a poe?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2015, 06:04 PM
(28-10-2015 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 04:37 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why do people say xian, xianity, ect. And not christian, Christianity, ect...? Just curious.

Google is your friend.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...christmas/

It turns out, “Xmas” is not a non-religious version of “Christmas”. The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek, meaning “Christ”. So “Xmas” and “Christmas” are equivalent in every way except their lettering.
Same reason that those of us who were baptized as Catholic kids had the baptismal candle with the chi-rho symbol.
28-10-2015, 06:05 PM
(28-10-2015 06:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not yet, but I am keeping track of his mounting inconsistencies. It really doesn't matter if he's a Poe or a troll or not. It usually results in interesting dialog between the rest of us.
What's a poe?

That's precisely what a poe would ask.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
(28-10-2015 06:00 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 05:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, Jason, I'm glad you asked that question.

We view halachic Jews as being Jews forever, so even though they may worship idols now, doesn't mean that they can't change their minds, and come home. We're bolstering our education force by minting new counter-missionaries in yeshivas all the time so we can educate our Jews away from idol worship.

We've seen remarkable results!

... Also, since I have your ear for a minute, I just wanted to let you know that Shabbos is coming up in a few days, and I'm going to make a special prayer for you so you can hopefully open your heart and your mind so you can get the answers (the truth!) to the questions that I know are keeping you up at night, and are what really brought you to this forum.

I'm here for you! I have a special, wonderful education perfectly suited to answering your questions about all those pesky contradictions that you see from the New Testament and the "old testament". Every time you post some misquoted prophesy or some ripped out of context scripture, I'll be there to correct it and help you learn what it really means.

HeartHeart Prayers for you! HeartHeart
Sweet! Just let me know where. Exactly what kind of Jew are you?

There's only one kind of Jew; the kind that's halachically Jewish.
(28-10-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What's a poe?

That's precisely what a poe would ask.

I got a pm from someone else asking the same question.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
28-10-2015, 06:15 PM
(28-10-2015 06:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not yet, but I am keeping track of his mounting inconsistencies. It really doesn't matter if he's a Poe or a troll or not. It usually results in interesting dialog between the rest of us.
What's a poe?

A poe is someone who is adopting a hyper-religious persona online but who does not actually hold those beliefs. Then writes from that position in order to stir things up. Kind of a cross between a performance artist and an internet troll.

For what it's worth, I don't think you're a poe.

There was a poe here just the other day, a guy claiming to be a theist with questions that turned out to be a high school kid trying to prep for a debate.
28-10-2015, 06:15 PM
What would be the difference between a messianic Jew and a Christian?
28-10-2015, 06:16 PM
(28-10-2015 06:15 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What would be the difference between a messianic Jew and a Christian?

One is a Jew and one is a Gentile.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 06:18 PM
(28-10-2015 06:15 PM)julep Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What's a poe?

A poe is someone who is adopting a hyper-religious persona online but who does not actually hold those beliefs. Then writes from that position in order to stir things up. Kind of a cross between a performance artist and an internet troll.

For what it's worth, I don't think you're a poe.

There was a poe here just the other day, a guy claiming to be a theist with questions that turned out to be a high school kid trying to prep for a debate.
[Image: a8df16850ae3c9d4da8ad5f03f3feab6.jpg]
28-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Really? Future chaplain?

I hope not.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post