Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(28-10-2015 06:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Really? Future chaplain?

I hope not.

Well, by the time I'm through with him, he'll be splashing down in the pool of a mikvah, getting his ordination as a Rabbi! I'll get him straightened out.

... He's just a little confused right now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 06:27 PM

I hope not.
Yeah I guess I need to work on my humor too.
28-10-2015, 06:28 PM
(28-10-2015 06:27 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  

I hope not.
Yeah I guess I need to work on my humor too.

Don't worry. I'm praying for you left and right.
28-10-2015, 06:33 PM
(28-10-2015 06:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:15 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What would be the difference between a messianic Jew and a Christian?

One is a Jew and one is a Gentile.
So that I understand correctly. Messianic jews are jews who believe that Jesus is massiah and Christians are gentiles who believe Jesus is massiah?
28-10-2015, 06:39 PM
(28-10-2015 06:33 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  One is a Jew and one is a Gentile.
So that I understand correctly. Messianic jews are jews to believe that Jesus is massiah and Christians are gentiles who believe Jesus is massiah?

Well, you're very close. You have the right idea. Messianic Jews and Christians both believe that Jesus is a god, and they worship him as though he was the real G-d.

Jews believe that when the real G-d wrote the Torah, that he didn't make any mistakes, goofs or gaffs when he said that He is one and that He is not a man. Jews believe that G-d would never make such a huge mistake! We also believed him when he told us that the Messiah would be a normal, every-day Jew from the house of David. So you see? Jesus can't have been the Messiah! And we're really grateful that he told us to watch out for a Jewish man that would come along one day claiming to be a prophet and doing signs and wonders... but that if he contradicted even one letter of the law, then he was a false prophet! Thank G-d for that warning, otherwise, we might be worshipping Jesus right now!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Isn't is strange that in the 21st century that more people are interested in deleting history than making history?
28-10-2015, 06:42 PM
(28-10-2015 06:40 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Isn't is strange that in the 21st century that more people are interested in deleting history than making history?

I completely agree! I find it counterproductive for Christians to try to convert people to their religion. It will only delay the coming of the Messiah.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 06:42 PM

I hope not.

I've seen nothing about his conduct befitting of a Marine Corps Captain let alone a Chaplain. And how does a Marine Corps Company Commander have so much free time to dick with atheists?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-10-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2015 06:56 PM by jason_delisle.)
(28-10-2015 06:39 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:33 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  So that I understand correctly. Messianic jews are jews to believe that Jesus is massiah and Christians are gentiles who believe Jesus is massiah?

Well, you're very close. You have the right idea. Messianic Jews and Christians both believe that Jesus is a god, and they worship him as though he was the real G-d.

Jews believe that when the real G-d wrote the Torah, that he didn't make any mistakes, goofs or gaffs when he said that He is one and that He is not a man. Jews believe that G-d would never make such a huge mistake! We also believed him when he told us that the Messiah would be a normal, every-day Jew from the house of David. So you see? Jesus can't have been the Messiah! And we're really grateful that he told us to watch out for a Jewish man that would come along one day claiming to be a prophet and doing signs and wonders... but that if he contradicted even one letter of the law, then he was a false prophet! Thank G-d for that warning, otherwise, we might be worshipping Jesus right now!
So what is your take on the commandments in leviticus and Deuteronomy? I am also curious about what Jews think about Matthew 1 when they say that Jesus was not from the house of David?
28-10-2015, 06:51 PM
(28-10-2015 06:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:39 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, you're very close. You have the right idea. Messianic Jews and Christians both believe that Jesus is a god, and they worship him as though he was the real G-d.

So what is your take on the commandments in leviticus and Deuteronomy?

Well, when read properly with the accompanying Talmud, then I think those books spell out clear, compassionate laws that are totally doable by all Jews throughout all time. G-d tells us in the Torah very clearly: the law is not distant to us. We can keep it very easily.