Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
Aliza - I like you more and more. Just wanted to tell you that. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Jason - Try not to take it personally. We're skeptics by nature, remember? We'll question just about anything... and it was a valid question, and well-answered. I was unaware that the Corps had continued to upgrade and fly their Hueys. I'm ex-AF, as I already indicated (Academy, not active duty, and unfortunately cut short before graduation because I fell very ill, and I elected not to return with the previous class and delay my graduation by a year), and Goodwithoutgod (the previously-mentioned GWOG) is a Navy Warrant Officer.

By the way, your jokes are subtle, and may not work as well in writing as they do in your head; that said, once I see the jokes, they *are* funny! It took me a while to learn "forum-style" humor, too. Hope that helps you.

I for one am glad to see a Marine here. Always did like educated Devil Dogs. On occasion, myths can turn out to be real I suppose. Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Jason - And if I may say so, you're not a bad looking fellow. I grew up not far from Robbins AFB.

Here you go, ladies:
http://www.robins.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123461038

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-10-2015, 07:44 PM
(28-10-2015 07:34 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 07:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fact that you are here at all. A Marine Corps Company Commander would not have time to be here at all, let alone for hours upon hours. And a Marine Corps Captain would have better sense than to keep posting your shit. And if I was a Marine they would be paying for my divinity classes to become a chaplain, I wouldn't be paying for it myself. Let's ask GWoG. GWoG did the USN pay for your advanced education even in religious studies? In short, I don't believe you. You do not display the maturity and discipline of a Marine Corps Company Commander. Doesn't matter though. Carry on. It's still fun.
I could have the Marine Corps pay for my education through the tuition assistance program. I just chose not to because that would require a two year extension to my contract. As you may or may not know, the Marine Corps does not have chaplains. The Marine Corps gets their chaplains from the Navy. So I have to finish my contract before I can become a chaplain and I don't want to add to my service obligation. Yes, I am a Captain in the Marines. I am in charge of over a hundred aircraft maintainers and I am a UH-1Y pilot. I use the tapatalk app on my phone and I always have my phone on my person. So if I have time to respond to a text I also have time for the wonderful people on this forum.

That's actually a pretty good response. Still withholding judgment.

(28-10-2015 07:43 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Jason - And if I may say so, you're not a bad looking fellow. I grew up not far from Robbins AFB.

Here you go, ladies:
http://www.robins.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123461038

Okay, now I'm a believer.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Tit-for-Tat, so you don't get scared I internet-stalked you, here's my Facebook. You can see me wearing my USAFA shirt in that profile photo, actually.

I shall not hide my face while exposing another's.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009444972526

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
28-10-2015, 07:46 PM
(28-10-2015 07:12 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, when read properly with the accompanying Talmud, then I think those books spell out clear, compassionate laws that are totally doable by all Jews throughout all time. G-d tells us in the Torah very clearly: the law is not distant to us. We can keep it very easily.
Are all the laws found in the Talmud also found in the old testament of the bible? If not, did Moses write those laws as well? If so, why do you believe they were not included in the bible?
The point that I am getting at is if the laws of the Talmud were either written by Moses or written in order to ensure the law is carried out then I don't see any reason why they should not be in the bible. Because I think they should have been put into the bible. So I am questioning why they weren't.
28-10-2015, 07:49 PM
(28-10-2015 07:40 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Jason - Try not to take it personally. We're skeptics by nature, remember? We'll question just about anything... and it was a valid question, and well-answered. I was unaware that the Corps had continued to upgrade and fly their Hueys. I'm ex-AF, as I already indicated (Academy, not active duty, and unfortunately cut short before graduation because I fell very ill, and I elected not to return with the previous class and delay my graduation by a year), and Goodwithoutgod (the previously-mentioned GWOG) is a Navy Warrant Officer.

By the way, your jokes are subtle, and may not work as well in writing as they do in your head; that said, once I see the jokes, they *are* funny! It took me a while to learn "forum-style" humor, too. Hope that helps you.

I for one am glad to see a Marine here. Always did like educated Devil Dogs. On occasion, myths can turn out to be real I suppose. Big Grin
Yeah yeahDodgy I was actually an airforce brat growing up. My father was a crew chief for C-130s.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
28-10-2015, 07:51 PM
(28-10-2015 07:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Tit-for-Tat, so you don't get scared I internet-stalked you, here's my Facebook. You can see me wearing my USAFA shirt in that profile photo, actually.

Ok. I was getting a little creeped out for a second.
28-10-2015, 07:53 PM
(28-10-2015 07:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Tit-for-Tat, so you don't get scared I internet-stalked you, here's my Facebook. You can see me wearing my USAFA shirt in that profile photo, actually.

I sent you a friend request if that's ok?
28-10-2015, 07:58 PM
I accepted, happily.

I can say with comfortable-for-a-diehard-skeptic certainty that this guy is The Real Deal™, now.

So everybody calm down, please. Smile