Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(29-10-2015 03:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 03:04 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Btw...thanks to the wonderful people on this forum, the Christian Forum now has an apologetics subforum that you can have your voices heard.

Aliza, after I post the thread, would you like to go on it to present your case?

Sorry, I can't do that. It violates my principals. I can't go onto their territory and offer unsolicited information.

I will answer any question on this forum, or on any Jewish forum if people want to go there, or you can forward their questions and I will answer them <to you> on this forum (and you're welcome to cut and paste my responses). But I cannot go there and advertise.
Roger
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2015, 07:03 PM
(29-10-2015 02:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 07:58 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I accepted, happily.

I can say with comfortable-for-a-diehard-skeptic certainty that this guy is The Real Deal™, now.

So everybody calm down, please. Smile

Not everyone agrees with you. Drinking Beverage

And the atmosphere is mostly nitrogen. Drinking Beverage

But I'm really sure that Jason is really whom he claims to be, largely due to the fact that we are now friends on Facebook and I had quite a long conversation with him last night about private but very specific facts of his military career and personal identity, which I simply could not share here, so I just asked y'all to take my word that the confirmation is on a quite-seriously-high level.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
29-10-2015, 07:26 PM
(29-10-2015 07:03 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 02:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not everyone agrees with you. Drinking Beverage

And the atmosphere is mostly nitrogen. Drinking Beverage

But I'm really sure that Jason is really whom he claims to be, largely due to the fact that we are now friends on Facebook and I had quite a long conversation with him last night about private but very specific facts of his military career and personal identity, which I simply could not share here, so I just asked y'all to take my word that the confirmation is on a quite-seriously-high level.

I probably misunderstood what you meant by "the Real Deal".

That he exists was not really the question, it was more about his presentation.
He seemed particularly unselfaware and unaware of others, therefore entirely unsuitable to be counseling anyone.
The story did not ring true.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I have explained to him that you're a skeptic's skeptic, which is why we love you. Smile

Your analysis is not wrong; you just don't have all the information. He and I both agree he has much to learn before he's ready to follow that career path (right now he's still a helicopter pilot), and it's part of why he's here, to learn. Already I have seen major transformations in his attitude and knowledge.

I shared your skepticism, early on, and changed my mind based upon the overwhelming evidence I received. Unfortunately I cannot share most of that information, but he has good reasons to follow the path to becoming a chaplain, and if he is willing to learn what it takes to be a good one, he will be an outstanding one. I agree he is not yet in a place where he is near to being ready, but I think he has the right overall attitude about the process of learning, and expunging one's preformed ideas.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-10-2015, 12:56 AM
^^^
Yeah, well, RS. I still don't like him.

Chas, I mean. Jason's alright.

Wink

30-10-2015, 02:37 AM
(30-10-2015 12:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Chas, I mean. Jason's alright.

Hobo

I wonder what's really going on with all this advocacy. Is there buttsecks? Shocking

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-10-2015, 03:28 AM
(30-10-2015 02:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...
Hobo

I wonder what's really going on with all this advocacy. Is there buttsecks? Shocking

Not sure. Perhaps. If you ask nicely? Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-10-2015, 05:07 AM
It is ok Chas. If I get ordained you will be the first to get an invitation to the ceremony.
30-10-2015, 06:22 AM
Question everyone. Batman vs Superman or Starwars: the force awakens? You could only watch one.
30-10-2015, 06:25 AM
(30-10-2015 06:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Question everyone. Batman vs Superman or Starwars: the force awakens? You could only watch one.

See why we don't like religious people? Always trying to limit our fun. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]