Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(30-10-2015 06:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 06:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Question everyone. Batman vs Superman or Starwars: the force awakens? You could only watch one.

See why we don't like religious people? Always trying to limit our fun. Tongue
Double feature? How could I have been so narrow minded. See! I am getting sarcasm!Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2015, 06:44 AM
(30-10-2015 06:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Question everyone. Batman vs Superman or Starwars: the force awakens? You could only watch one.

For the Love of Dog, man, that's not a question!

The question is, after I go to the midnight showing of Episode VII, do I go home and drive back to the theatre later, or do I camp out overnight in a tent in the field behind the theatre, so I can be at the front of the line to catch the 9AM feature?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-10-2015, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 07:13 AM by DLJ.)

That's one too many.

I choose the 'off' switch. I choose athemeism.

Fucking monothemeists.

Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
30-10-2015, 07:18 AM
(30-10-2015 06:33 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 06:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  See why we don't like religious people? Always trying to limit our fun. Tongue
Double feature? How could I have been so narrow minded. See! I am getting sarcasm!Big Grin

Well, you are starting to recognize humor and that's a big step forward. Thumbsup

We'll work on discriminating between sarcasm, irony, pathos, hyperbole, and other variations later.
Drinking Beverage

Never having been a theist I'm curious though... do they often have a hard time recognizing the humor, especially dark humor, in situations and in people's actions and responses? One of the things I really appreciate in people is the ability to see the humor in even the most serious situation and the most strongly held position. The ability to laugh at yourself is important.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
30-10-2015, 07:40 AM
(30-10-2015 06:33 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 06:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  See why we don't like religious people? Always trying to limit our fun. Tongue

For Xmas I’m getting you on of these emoticons = [Image: qDzFdjp.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
30-10-2015, 08:25 AM
(30-10-2015 07:18 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 06:33 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Double feature? How could I have been so narrow minded. See! I am getting sarcasm!Big Grin

Well, you are starting to recognize humor and that's a big step forward. Thumbsup

We'll work on discriminating between sarcasm, irony, pathos, hyperbole, and other variations later.
Drinking Beverage

Never having been a theist I'm curious though... do they often have a hard time recognizing the humor, especially dark humor, in situations and in people's actions and responses? One of the things I really appreciate in people is the ability to see the humor in even the most serious situation and the most strongly held position. The ability to laugh at yourself is important.
No. That's just me. I can take a joke. The problem is realizing it's a joke. After I figure out that little nugget I am ok.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
30-10-2015, 10:07 AM
(30-10-2015 07:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I choose athemeism.

Stealing it. Big Grin

#sigh
30-10-2015, 10:24 AM

Meh. I have a friend who will drag me to see the Star Wars movie, and another who has already bought his ticket for the very first showing, but if it were totally up to me, I would choose to see neither. I'd rather read a book.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-10-2015, 10:36 AM
(30-10-2015 10:24 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Meh. I have a friend who will drag me to see the Star Wars movie, and another who has already bought his ticket for the very first showing, but if it were totally up to me, I would choose to see neither. I'd rather read a book.
You nerds and your books. This coming from a starwars geek.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
30-10-2015, 10:39 AM
(30-10-2015 10:36 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 10:24 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Meh. I have a friend who will drag me to see the Star Wars movie, and another who has already bought his ticket for the very first showing, but if it were totally up to me, I would choose to see neither. I'd rather read a book.
You nerds and your books. This coming from a starwars geek.

[Image: 43c7c47769a3bc5df4974eab960d2cd6.jpg]

This is me by the way...