Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
Depends on Batmans, if we are talking super detective batman, he needs time and for superman to be passive to give him that time.

Campy 60's Adam West style Batman, he would just happen to have kryptonite on his tool belt, guaranteeing the win.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
31-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Well, Aqua Man would...

Um, he would...

I'll show myself out.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
31-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Back to the OP.

1) Morality cannot be objective unless there is some external judge aka God.
2) There is no such concept as "subjective morality" like by definition.
3) There is morality.
4) GOD BITCHES! Q.E.D.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-10-2015, 02:11 PM
(31-10-2015 10:21 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 09:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  If we assume the 'battle' isn't much of a battle, than I might agree. I took 'battle' as implying that only one of them comes out of it. And that one would be Superman.

If we follow non death-battle logic, it still doesn't matter; supes still wins. Because he could easily lobotomise Batsy or simply break all of his limbs, among many other options which would all be equally trivial to the Man of OP.

But how can Superman do that when superman looses all those powers when batman uses his kryptonite suit?

Superman has been shown on numerous occasions to retain his power when exposed to kryptonite for at least a small amount of time (his ability to beat Lex decked out in his Warsuit numerous times being a testament to that), and all he needs to do is get one good shot in on Batsy and he's gone.

Furthermore, Supes has ranged abilities that negate his needing to go anywhere near Batman and his suit; breath that can destroy planets or freeze tornadoes, aforementioned heat vision, throwing shit etc.

(31-10-2015 10:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Depends on Batmans, if we are talking super detective batman, he needs time and for superman to be passive to give him that time.

Campy 60's Adam West style Batman, he would just happen to have kryptonite on his tool belt, guaranteeing the win.

For the Omnipotent Utility Belt Batman, I say the same as above applies.

I opened with 'super detective Batman' in my first post on the topic. I do not agree with the conclusions that Batman could win based on his (literally) insane preparation if given time. Superman is one of the most over-powered pieces of shit fiction has ever produced, and because of this, Batman beating actually him would be impossible outside of writer convenience.

If we look at Superman and Batman objectively, it doesn't matter how long his has to prepare.

(31-10-2015 11:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, Aqua Man would...

Um, he would...

I'll show myself out.

Aquaman has fought Superman to a standstill in the past, and unlike Batsman, he has done it with fisticuffs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-10-2015, 05:06 PM
(31-10-2015 02:11 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 10:21 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  But how can Superman do that when superman looses all those powers when batman uses his kryptonite suit?

Superman has been shown on numerous occasions to retain his power when exposed to kryptonite for at least a small amount of time (his ability to beat Lex decked out in his Warsuit numerous times being a testament to that), and all he needs to do is get one good shot in on Batsy and he's gone.

Furthermore, Supes has ranged abilities that negate his needing to go anywhere near Batman and his suit; breath that can destroy planets or freeze tornadoes, aforementioned heat vision, throwing shit etc.

(31-10-2015 10:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Depends on Batmans, if we are talking super detective batman, he needs time and for superman to be passive to give him that time.

For the Omnipotent Utility Belt Batman, I say the same as above applies.

I opened with 'super detective Batman' in my first post on the topic. I do not agree with the conclusions that Batman could win based on his (literally) insane preparation if given time. Superman is one of the most over-powered pieces of shit fiction has ever produced, and because of this, Batman beating actually him would be impossible outside of writer convenience.

If we look at Superman and Batman objectively, it doesn't matter how long his has to prepare.

(31-10-2015 11:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, Aqua Man would...

Um, he would...

I'll show myself out.

Aquaman has fought Superman to a standstill in the past, and unlike Batsman, he has done it with fisticuffs.

I hereby establish the First Church of Superman. All who disbelieve will be cast into the Phantom Zone for a thousand cycles.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
31-10-2015, 06:33 PM
(31-10-2015 05:06 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I hereby establish the First Church of Superman. All who disbelieve will be cast into the Phantom Zone for a thousand cycles.

Can't do it, brother. I'm a devout Pastafarian.

In accordance with His Noodly Goodness' wishes, since Halloween was celebrated here last night, on a Friday, I dressed my son in appropriate Pastafarian regalia, in an effort to combat global warming.

[Image: colehalloween2015_zpsbghfenhe.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-10-2015, 06:45 PM
(31-10-2015 06:33 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 05:06 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I hereby establish the First Church of Superman. All who disbelieve will be cast into the Phantom Zone for a thousand cycles.

Can't do it, brother. I'm a devout Pastafarian.

In accordance with His Noodly Goodness' wishes, since Halloween was celebrated here last night, on a Friday, I dressed my son in appropriate Pastafarian regalia, in an effort to combat global warming.

[Image: colehalloween2015_zpsbghfenhe.jpg]

Well, at least you're not a Discordian. (Joking, Discordians are alright Big Grin )

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
31-10-2015, 10:35 PM

Lol. Yeah I guess you are right. Now if we were talking about superman prime that would be another conversation.
01-11-2015, 05:55 AM
(31-10-2015 12:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Back to the OP.

3) There is morality.
4) GOD BITCHES! Q.E.D.

Forget about the op. We are talking about the morality of batman and superman now.
01-11-2015, 05:58 AM
(01-11-2015 05:55 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 12:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Back to the OP.

3) There is morality.
4) GOD BITCHES! Q.E.D.

Forget about the op. We are talking about the morality of batman and superman now.

yabut, there's a great deal of similarity between the discussions. People can get very passionate in arguments over fictional characters.
Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post