Tank collector shocked to find £2million gold bullion hidden in the fuel compartment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 07:41 AM
Tank collector shocked to find £2million gold bullion hidden in the fuel compartment
Gasp

“Tank fanatic Nick Mead, 55, believes the gold bars were looted by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait during the Gulf War"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3291710/ta...y-vehicle/

What a nice, little surprise huh?

[Image: nintchdbpict000314875297.jpg?strip=all&a...;amp;w=960]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-04-2017, 07:43 AM
RE: Tank collector shocked to find £2million gold bullion hidden in the fuel compartment
Why don't I find something like that? A tank collector probably isn't as needy of such a surprise as I am.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
09-04-2017, 07:51 AM
He let the police take the gold?
09-04-2017, 08:10 AM
RE: Tank collector shocked to find £2million gold bullion hidden in the fuel compartment
At work.

Heh.... never thought I'd read that kind of head line.

"Gold stock tanked."

Tongue

Thenk yew... thenk yew verra much. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
09-04-2017, 08:12 AM
I would have found a way to launder at least some of it.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
09-04-2017, 08:55 AM
I would have laundered all of it. If I couldn't, I would have hidden it because fuck if I'm giving it away.
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
09-04-2017, 08:58 AM
(09-04-2017 08:55 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I would have laundered all of it. If I couldn't, I would have hidden it because fuck if I'm giving it away.

In the US, mostly, you'd get it back if nobody claimed it in 90 days and there was no reason to believe it was involved in a crime. This, however, sounds like good old-fashioned looting.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: Tank collector shocked to find £2million gold bullion...
So what? I'm the attendant on the can/bottle recycling bin at the local Transfer Station. I once found 28¢ in a Budweiser Beer can and I got to keep the money. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
09-04-2017, 09:56 AM
In Britain all treasure is property of the crown. Like Liz really needs it, I don't think. I know some decent chaps in the East End who would help me out, I got my CZ75 from them, they always come through to help their mate posh boy, for a fee of course. Wink
09-04-2017, 10:01 AM
I'd find a way to get that shit to market, black or otherwise.