Tapatalk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Tapatalk
The retarded Tapatalk app ad is a constant nuisance on my iPad. Ads are perfectly understandable, but an add that constantly ends up in the middle of my screen when I am writing a reply is absurd. It genuinely discourages my from participating. Very not cool. Very.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Tapatalk
I just use safari on my iPad. It seems to work just fine...tho there are things I can't do like upload pictures or images.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Yup. I second this. Why did it start out of nowhere?
19-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm using safari as well. I've never seen any reason to use Tapatalk or even the mobile version. Shows on my iPad just like it does on my laptop.....except for that goddam Tapatalk ad. I just tried tapping it and not only does it not close, it won't even take me to the app store! Haha, fuckin thing is possessed!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-05-2013, 04:30 PM
(19-05-2013 03:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm using safari as well. I've never seen any reason to use Tapatalk or even the mobile version. Shows on my iPad just like it does on my laptop.....except for that goddam Tapatalk ad. I just tried tapping it and not only does it not close, it won't even take me to the app store! Haha, fuckin thing is possessed!

Lol..yea..I blame my fingers but sometimes I wonder. I don't see any ads on the mobile version.
But then it's pesky to switch back and forth. I looked into downloading tapatalk, but I had to pay for it...

I could download that or hits by Peter Frampton. I decided Frampton was a better choice. Wink

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Tapatalk will only remove it if the forum pays to have it removed.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-05-2013, 08:22 PM
(19-05-2013 08:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  Tapatalk will only remove it if the forum pays to have it removed.

Wow really?

19-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Yep, they got to make money somehow too. I checked into it a while ago and was considering using it for one of my forums and ended up deciding to wait and see what would happen with them - their current business model isn't working.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-05-2013, 09:06 PM
What??? Assholes! I even bought it, I have the app and don't love it as much as the real deal. They have to make money? They are one of the more expensive apps. That's a bunch of crap! I think the forum paid to even go on it in the first place, no?

Censored Angry
20-05-2013, 04:37 AM
I can modify the app javascript file I guess, and disable the function that triggers the popup. I'll have to dig through the code though. Maybe I can just stop it from inserting any code into the page from the get go.

I'm sure the business model is working for them. They must have made a tonne of mobile app sales. As far as I know you only need to pay to have a forum branded tapatalk app.

The other stuff is just free advertising for them.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss