Tarantino (Wtf?)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2012, 10:00 AM
RE: Tarantino (Wtf?)
Yeah that 1st one was a definite over reaction given what I can see of the situation. If there was more going on, on the other side of the camera I don't know so I won't speculate.

The second one has backstory, and it sounds serious. Tarantino seems very serious and says something about a story about his dad which indicates a personal issue. The reporter he spits on seems amused at the reaction which tells me two things: He's probably a dick, and he's excited at the ratings he'll get for showing it on tv. At no point does he seem concerned about having done something to tarantino. Spitting is kind of Wierd, but my guess is he probably wanted to give the guy a smack. Still weird though.

I'd love to agree with you and say he seems like a real piece of work, but I can't yet. I'm not even a tarantino fan boy, I only really like Pulp Fiction and then parts from the rest of his movies. Minus Inglorious Basterds which I can't think of anything I liked. Also the movies he "presents" never seem very good. His taste seems stuck back in the Hammer film days and old school Kung-fu which is to me, only enjoyable when intoxicated in some way.

When we only see a piece of the story it's hard to really judge someone without the whole picture. If he were an actual criminal I wouldn't support his work as I think that's almost like accepting their criminal actions. Like buying a Chris Brown album after finding out he assaulted a woman.

Anyway, I googled Tarantino out of curiosity and didn't get anything tangible about his reputation with the media except these two videos. I didn't get anything positive either though. So who knows maybe he is one huge headed dick. (Yes he has an oddly large melon)

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
23-11-2012, 12:49 PM
(23-11-2012 10:00 AM)lucradis Wrote:  His taste seems stuck back in the Hammer film days and old school Kung-fu which is to me, only enjoyable when intoxicated in some way.
Oh sadness. Kill Bill series is in my top fave movies. I even state this in the top movies thread on this forum. Ha ha. But I am also not a QT fan specifically.
Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 01:12 PM
The Kill Bill films are pretty decent. I have to be in the mood for them, though. His writing style is what gets me, though. When I listen to his dialogue, I'm always very aware that I'm watching a movie and that those speaking are doing so from a script. Everyone's a tough-guy; everyone's got something cheesy to say. Other than "The Jew Hunter" in Basterds, there's no real acting to speak of. At no point do we forget we're watching a movie and get sucked into the experience.

Having said that, I do enjoy Inglourious Basterds. It's my yearly birthday tradition. Have a bunch of friends over, light up the grill, put Basterds on the plasma and start drinking. Then an orgy afterward. Lmao (J/k. Sorta)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
23-11-2012, 02:21 PM
I actually like the fight scenes in Kill Bill. My favorite is the one between the bride and the eye patch amazon woman in the trailer.

For the most part I don't mind the dialogue (though it's unnaturally cuss filled) but then I also enjoy old school B&W Noires too. Sort of the same thing but modernized. Fast talking crime drama. I don't have much of a problem getting into them, but his movies are usually dependent on a hook, and once that hook is realized the luster sort of dulls, and I feel done with no need to return.

Still certain scenes make me recommend a view to new people I meet who have yet to witness them. Such as the Mr. Blonde cop segment from Resevoire Dogs, or the Heroin panic in Pulp Fiction. Good scenes and at least one good movie between the two.

On the note of recommending weird shit, go check out a cartoon movie called Cat Soup. It's fucked up.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
24-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Y'know, it probably didn't help that the dude didn't say anything.

I'm pretty sure the situation would have gone down differently if when QT asked the guy "What's going on here?" and he would have responded, "Mr. Tarantino, I'm a huge fan, that's all. Would you mind if I filmed us together?"

QT seemed okay at the beginning... he just annoyed when the dude didn't answer him.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Tarantino makes great movies, but everything I've read about him seems to indicate he's sort of a dick.
24-11-2012, 06:33 PM
He did kind of start to explain but Tarantino immediately started spouting off. You could tell with the little chuckle and silence that the cameraman was kind of taken aback and wasn't sure what to say. I'm not sure he expected such an immediate and annoyed reaction.

24-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I will say though, I am excited for this. I like old westerns, but I also like modernized westerns too.

[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
25-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Hellz yes. Thumbsup

25-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Who cares who the guy is or how he reacts to people..the point is that he makes movies..you either like his work or you don't..I don't even want to look behind the curtains..think about some of your most beloved musical artists..they certainly don't/didn't live the life I wish to pursue but the art speaks for itself..and that is what we should judge a mans work by

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post