Tattoos Cultural appropriation or not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: Tattoos Cultural appropriation or not?
(28-08-2016 03:24 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 03:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Everything we are beyond our base instincts has at some time in our history or pre history been passed on, and possibly modified in the process, as a form of cultural appropriation. I'm not against tattoos, and I'm not against cultural appropriation.

Wow Yak! Big Grin Someone is feeling particularly intellectual today! Smartass

Those big words are giving me a headache.Bangin
But I agree with you once I sort 'em out. Thumbsup

Every once in a while the devils on my shoulders are both sleeping at the same time and I have a moment of clarity.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-08-2016, 03:59 PM
I wont say don't do it, it is your body. But the ink does fade over time and your skin will wrinkle, so think about what it will look like when you are old, and are you willing to live with it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
28-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Careful what you ask for.

[Image: vPVbCTM.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-08-2016, 07:01 PM
(28-08-2016 06:49 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Careful what you ask for.

Um actually that is body paint, not a tattoo, it is a picture taken from "Fantasy Fest" a yearly shin dig held in Key West.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2016, 07:14 PM
(28-08-2016 07:01 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  

Um actually that is body paint, not a tattoo, it is a picture taken from "Fantasy Fest" a yearly shin dig held in Key West.

Point being that a body part, tattooed, fast-forward many years, could look vastly different. Plus, a little humor and poetic license. Laughat
28-08-2016, 07:15 PM
(28-08-2016 07:01 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  

Do you actually posses a sense of humor?

Also, not all tattoos fade. I have some I have had for nearly thirty years. It depends on the ink used, the artist, and your skin. I have even had tattoo artists say that my skin holds color really well. There are crappy tattoos out there that fade but not all do.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Tattoos Cultural appropriation or not?
You can get some ideas here https://www.bme.com
29-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Personally, I think the term "cultural appropriation" is stupid. It's like the grown-up version of calling someone a copycat because they bought the same lunchbox.

As for tattoos, I don't have any, but I am shopping. I've been to several tattoo conventions over the last few months meeting artists, checking out all the different styles and looking for ideas. So far, I can say that there is a very wide range of skill and artistry across the industry. Things I've learned so far are: Do your research to make sure that you are picking the right artist for the style of tattoo you want, involve the artist in the design of your the tattoo, and then go for it.

Tattoos are just like people: some are beautiful and some are just ugly. But by and large, what differentiates them is less about what you see on the skin and more about the human underneath it.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
29-08-2016, 01:52 PM

If that doesn't turn you into an atheist...nothing will. No supreme being would possibly allow that.

Just..wow. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post