Tattoos and Body Modification

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Tattoos and Body Modification
So, inspired by all the getting-to-know-each-other threads, I thought I'd start this one. Does anybody here have tattoos and/or body modifications? Feel free to share pics! I love seeing people's tattoos.

Also, what are your opinions regarding tattoos/body modifications? What are some of your peeves?

I personally don't have any tattoos (yet), mostly because I am too chicken. And I change my mind too much to settle on an idea.

I tend to like tattoos on other people if they are artistic or original and aren't tacky. I find some body modifications to be bizarre, but I wouldn't judge anybody based on them. I tend to be more curious about what leads people to do stuff to their body than anything else.

Tribal tattoos are one of my biggest tattoo peeves. If you have Celtic heritage, and you've got a tribal tattoo that represents that, then fine, but most tribal tattoos are just a bunch of black lines of varying thickness... Just tacky Tongue

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SecularStudent's post
27-02-2011, 07:55 PM
RE: Tattoos and Body Modification
I have no tattoos and don't want any. To me they only look good for a short time. as they fade and stretch they start looking ugly.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
27-02-2011, 08:03 PM
I've got a couple. Yes, even a tribal. It's small enough that one day I can roll it into another tattoo. I have a Veg Visir on my left shoulder and an Enso on my right. I want something science related but can't think of anything.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
[+] 1 user Likes aesirus's post
27-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I'll share my tattoos. Smile

[Image: r0dzjm.jpg]

[Image: 2q8v6ux.jpg]

Those are when they were brand new of course. They've faded a little from that. I'd like to get another one but right now it's not in the budget. I really don't want to go overboard, I think a bunch of randomly placed tattoos looks silly. I'd like the next one on my foot.

No piercings though, except a few in my earlobes.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
[+] 4 users Like trillium13's post
27-02-2011, 08:31 PM
When I know it won't jeopardize my living arrangements I'm going to get this tattoo http://www.ratemyink.com/images/ul/573/S...57367.jpeg

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
27-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Still have one hole in one ear and two in the other, even though I quit wearing earrings. Two tattoos, CFH on my left shoulder and a snake on my right calf. The CFH is a tribute to Pantera, if I didn't have their music to keep me driven in my teen years I may not be alive today. The snake was supposed to be a ball python, tribute to my favorite pet after she died in 2009, but the artist got the color backward and it looks more like a boa constrictor. However the art itself is awesome so I really couldn't be mad. I want another one, I'm considering getting a piece or work done that my brother drew. I don't have a pic of my calf, I don't take pictures of my tats or anything, but I do have a pic on facebook that my lady took that shows my (really bad) shoulder tat.

My peeve is flash. Some people have it and some people love it, but all my tattoos mean something to me. I would never walk into a shop, point at something on the wall and say "I want that"

As far as body mods go, I was considering tongue splitting for a while. I still find the idea rather interesting but I'm constrained by my corporate job and I don't know if I have the cajones anyway.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
[+] 1 user Likes cfhmagnet's post
28-02-2011, 07:50 AM

I don't have any tattoos because the one time I was gung ho to get one back in college I was way too damn poor to do it. It would have been an original design of a Farm Ape (picture a gorilla with a straw hat carrying a Rugby ball) which was our Rugby teams name. Since then it hasn't been a priotity. Now I'm way to money concious, and I just don't want one bad enough. My wife got one in honor of our son who passed (a small blue rose on her shoulder), and I like it. It means something to her and that's what's important. I've never seen alure of piercing or body mod, and I don't find any of it personally attractive. However I don't begrudge anyone their thing.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dregs's post
28-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I've definitely got my share of tattoos. They're always a work in progress. All my art is original, drawn by me, and it all means something, including my tribal. Sleeve on my left arm, half sleeve on my right arm, some chest and back work. Next project: hinges on the insides of my elbows. I'll be drawing up old gate-style hinges like the ones on the stalls at the ranch I used to live on. Kind of a tribute to that part of my life.

My pet peeve: when things become "trendy". When I got my tribal it was something that no-one had. It was original. Now every-one seems to have tribal, and they don't even know what it means. Granted, some designs look good, but I just hate it when people act like sheep and get tribals because they're the "in" thing.

....FYI, tribal isn't necessarily representative of Celtic background. It was an Irish style that was adopted from Africa. (Some of the history even suggests that African warriors were employed to help train Celtic warriors, and the war paints used by them were modified by the Celts for their own battles. That's all unconfirmed, but interesting none the less)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
28-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I wish to gaze upon your body.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-02-2011, 11:01 AM
(28-02-2011 10:52 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I wish to gaze upon your body.

LOL. If I had pics I'd share them, alas I have none. Don't really like having my picture taken, so there's not alot of pics of me.

So many cats, so few good recipes.