Tattoos and Body Modification

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2011, 05:04 PM

RE: Tattoos and Body Modification
I don't have any tattoos, but I'd love to get one someday. I want to get an Ancient Egyptian symbol, not sure which one yet though. I have 6 piercings, all on my ears. This is my 'fun' ear lol
http://i55.tinypic.com/6i4ftw.jpg

My pet peeve is when people get a tattoo that is completely meaningless, or a tattoo they don't even understand. I think a tattoo should be meaningful and remind you of something special every time you look at it.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mBear's post
28-02-2011, 07:42 PM

I have a tiger tattoo on my arm, I love cats and tigers are badass, simple as that. I've had it for maybe 8-9yrs now. I don't have any plans for more tattoos at the moment, because I just sort of see it as a waste of money now. Don't get me wrong I still think well-done tattoos are cool, but I see alot of bad ones (I like to watch UFC, LOTS of bad ones!)

My peeves are meaningless/fad tattoos. While I really like regular earrings, I absolutely hate those stretched earlobes, I almost feel sick looking at them. I don't mind other piecing such as eyebrow or nose but nothing too extreme.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free_Thinker's post
28-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I've been tattooing professionally since 1986, current location since 1992. 60% of my body is covered in tattoos. When I see people without tattoos it kind of weirds me out....all I can think is: all that canvas!
I used to have a bunch of facial piercings; my husband owns a chain of body piercing/retail shops, but I have taken them out over the years for different reasons.
The changes in this industry since I started tattooing have amazed me. I am kind of glad that tattoos are more accepted, but also saddened that the "mystique" that went along with tattoos and tattooing is pretty much gone. Oh well, times change.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes catdance62's post
28-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Where are you catdance? I'm looking to get another one. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
28-02-2011, 08:46 PM
(28-02-2011 08:38 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Where are you catdance? I'm looking to get another one. Wink
Second that. I don't have a regular artist I'm still trying people out

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
01-03-2011, 04:30 AM
I have a "biomecanic" tattoo on my right shoulder. I always loved the half-man/half-machine concept. The drawing was made especially for me by the tattoo-artist. I did NOT want anything that came out of a book. I wanted a tattoo, not a copy/paste thing. I took me 3 years before I decided to take what I have now, and I suggest anyone who thinks about a tattoo to do the same.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=43]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
01-03-2011, 07:17 AM
On our honeymoon my wife made me tattoo her name on the head of my penis.
01-03-2011, 04:08 PM
[Image: 8887923e-63a0-4e0b-8138-5645c5d63f3a.jpg]

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
[+] 2 users Like Kikko's post
01-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I am in Texarkana, Texas right on the Texas/Arkansas border.
here is my shop website http://www.dermagraphicstudio.com
You can see my portfolio under "artists". Sorry it's kind of a lame website,
I haven't updated it in a while--too busy.
[+] 2 users Like catdance62's post
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
(01-03-2011 08:11 PM)catdance62 Wrote:  I am in Texarkana, Texas right on the Texas/Arkansas border.
here is my shop website http://www.dermagraphicstudio.com
You can see my portfolio under "artists". Sorry it's kind of a lame website,
I haven't updated it in a while--too busy.

SHUT UP! I'm like an hour of so from you. I may have to PM you one of these days. Big Grin

Which one is you? Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink