Tattoos and Body Modification

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2011, 08:34 AM
RE: Tattoos and Body Modification
(17-11-2011 11:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I suspect you guys would find me a little gross then. I have a few more than a few.

From the pics you've posted you can pull them off. I really couldn't.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2011, 09:37 AM

I desire this tattoo! O_O

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZI53MCKQRbgntn2NB6YH...2r5V9FZa_W]

The poem, on the tree, will actually be a poem written by me that I think may help me get through my everday problems.
I have my lip pierced & 7 ear piercings.
I've had snakebites, monroe, & hips pierced at one point , but I took them out.
Thinking about redoing my monroe.
(I did the piercings myself, only one that got infected was my right hip, so SHUSH!)
Getting my nose, not my septum, pierced for either Xmas or my 16th birthday.
Should be fun!

PS. I want a ton of tattoos. I want the one that I posted, along with a few others.
Left arm: Sleeve, of I don't know what, yet.
Right inside wrist: Triforce, 4 hearts (two & a half filled with red), & a mini Saria.
[^^^Zelda freak? Yes.]
and more...
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
19-11-2011, 04:47 AM
CYTB, you are going to destroy yourself, spend a lot of money and look like something from ... I don't even have the right word for it. Very small number of people can have many tattoos and look good. If you do that big one you posted up, that can be cool and look good, but if you start adding more smaller ones, you will loose the theme, every small one is something different, so in the end you no longer have a theme on you, you have a bunch of unrelated pictures and that looks, well, awful. Before you start ruining your life, talk to older people who have some tattoos.

Also, it is pretty smart to put tattoos only on places you can easily cover with cloths, so don't put them on lower part of your hands, neck, face... Maybe it sound stupid now, but when you are 30 years old and trying to find a job, it's good not to have a lot of tattoos all over your face. Some a bit more conservative bosses may not like that the way you do.

Tattoos are dangerous, once you start, you can never stop and that can turn you into a freak, not a cool person, specially not a beautiful one, so be careful and take care. Oh, yeah, NEVER EVER do a tattoo outside of a sterilized official tattoo studio, if you want to avoid infections, hepatitis, AIDS and all sorts of similar illnesses...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-11-2011, 07:03 PM

@calmyourtitsbro....

i don't know how old you are... but i'm sure this is not the first time that someone advice about what to do with your body and what society at large considers 'beautiful'. fuck them.

you don't need a reason to get tattooed. tattoos don't have to have a 'meaning' or a 'story'... sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but the important thing is that you are happy with it and with how it changes you. you wan't a tree? get a tree. you want a portrait of your fucking guinea pig? get it. and don't let people who are too narrow to incorporate anything but lilly white skin into their idea of beauty stop you.

by all means, take your time. think things through... but once you are hellbent on an idea, don't let fear stop you from doing what you want. people who talk shit about tattoos always bring up regret. but the fact is, if you are not the kind of person who spends their life regretting every little choice you make, then chances are you won't regret even the worst tattoo. Im a tattoo artist and i have some bad ones, but they are the opposite of regret, they are reminders of days gone by and bring me more joy and more laughs than my good ones.

another thing that is worth mentioning is the disease thing. filox is right there. find a reputable artist. don't try to get away with paying nothing for a tattoo. cheap tattoos aren't good. and good tattoos aren't cheap. all licensed artists go through the same OSHA (in the states...other places have an equivalent) training that nurses and flobotamists go through, and preventing the spread of blood borne pathogens is something that all good artists take very seriously.

So dont let the haters puss you out with their whining about regret and what you will look like when you are 80 (everyone who is 80 looks bad, tattoos or no). if you want that shit then go for it. do your homework and do it right. and enjoy.
[+] 1 user Likes paulesungnomo's post
19-11-2011, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 06:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
I personally have never felt the desire for a tattoo or piercing. My wife on the other hand is a big fan of both. To each his or her own. Here's her ear:

[Image: SuesEar.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-11-2011, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 06:11 PM by houseofcantor.)
(19-11-2011 04:47 AM)Filox Wrote:  Also, it is pretty smart to put tattoos only on places you can easily cover with cloths, so don't put them on lower part of your hands, neck, face... Maybe it sound stupid now, but when you are 30 years old and trying to find a job, it's good not to have a lot of tattoos all over your face. Some a bit more conservative bosses may not like that the way you do.

It is only "smart" to not tattoo the palms of the hands nor soles of the feet; the rest is canvas. While you may have a point about "coverable ink," I don't think it's smart to reinforce asinine stereotype. Tongue

The stereotype is asinine. Your opinion is valid. An atheist without an opinion is obviously a theist. Wink
(19-11-2011 07:03 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  all licensed artists go through the same OSHA (in the states...other places have an equivalent) training that nurses and flobotamists go through, and preventing the spread of blood borne pathogens is something that all good artists take very seriously.

What!?!? Professional is the word you're looking for. I got a kit; last one I did was on my buddy's kitchen table. And the only thing somebody caught was a tat, because I am a professional.

Licencing is tariff revenue, regulation, and nothing more. Regulation means, when something happens, the government sends the regulators; don't even try to apply prevention to that consideration.

Other than that, you are entirely correct, of course. A tattoo is nothing other than an interesting scar. Critical thinking, cost/benefit analysis, and long-term strategy all apply when considering this basic addition to your identity. Wink

(17-11-2011 11:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I suspect you guys would find me a little gross then. I have a few more than a few.

That would make you the Illustrated Man. Nothing gross about wearing the story of a life. Wink

(young whippersnappers... Tongue)

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:What!?!? Professional is the word you're looking for. I got a kit; last one I did was on my buddy's kitchen table. And the only thing somebody caught was a tat, because I am a professional.

Licencing is tariff revenue, regulation, and nothing more. Regulation means, when something happens, the government sends the regulators; don't even try to apply prevention to that consideration.

yeah i guess your right. wrong word.

are you really a professional though? im not hating, im just a bit skeptical.... not because you tattooed someone on a kitchen table, but because you referred to 'buying a kit'... tattoo supplies are not really sold in kits. not unless you get one of those ebay made in china ones... and those are pretty bad dude. are you just messing with me?
20-11-2011, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 08:56 PM by houseofcantor.)
(20-11-2011 06:40 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  
Quote:What!?!? Professional is the word you're looking for. I got a kit; last one I did was on my buddy's kitchen table. And the only thing somebody caught was a tat, because I am a professional.

yeah i guess your right. wrong word.

are you really a professional though? im not hating, im just a bit skeptical.... not because you tattooed someone on a kitchen table, but because you referred to 'buying a kit'... tattoo supplies are not really sold in kits. not unless you get one of those ebay made in china ones... and those are pretty bad dude. are you just messing with me?

Superior is two miles thataway. Big Grin

And you are not hating. You are questioning my integrity.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2011, 06:50 AM
@ paulesungnomo

Yeah, good job. I know why I am saying what I did. I know a lot of people who were young and loved tattoos so they made a ton of them, but guess what, they can't take them off now, and "now" is the time when those people are much older, they need to work and it's not always as simple and beautiful as you would like it to be. So I just guessed it would be a good advice to someone who is still young and wants a lot of tattoos, to talk to some "older" people what is it like to have a lot of tattoos and what not to do, because you can't take it back. But I guess you know better.

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-11-2011, 09:31 AM

@filox... i didn't say i knew better, i was just offering a different perspective. tattoos have already gone pretty mainstream, and fewer and fewer employers care about their employees having them. of course this does apply to the 'sawastika on ther face' tattoo or the 'HATE' across the kuckles tattoo. common sense is important here, and I emphasized that just as much as you did. all i said was that if you think things through and decide it's something you want, you shouldn't let fear of future regret stop you. no idea why you are going after me... you offered the anti tattoo perspective and i offered the pro-tattoo perspective. it's up to each person to decide for themselves. what did bother me is when you said the following:
Quote:you can never stop and that can turn you into a freak, not a cool person, specially not a beautiful one.

that has got to be one of the most narrow-minded things i have heard in a long time. in a forum where most people would qualify as freaks in one way or another it just seems like that kind of judgemental nonsense about 'cool people' is a bit our of place.

speaking of tattoos and mainstream culture... there was a very interesting CA supreme court descision about tattooing that said the following:

“We hold that the tattoo itself, the process of tattooing, and the business of tattooing are forms of pure expression fully protected by the First Amendment"

(see Anderson Vs Hermosa Beach)

@House of Cantor...

wow... lack of integrity? not unless you are representing yourself as an actual tattoo artist. there are plenty of scratchers and jail house tattooers and i don't really have a problem with them. people get what they pay for, and when their tattoo artist pays $179 for a complete made in taiwan setup, you are in no position to be expecting much at all. it's just frightening that people actually buy that shit.

this is america, and anyone with a paypal account can get an "official certificate" from superior and be scarring unsuspecting clients in no time. if you are actually interested in tattooing, the first thing you should do is throw that shit away. then get an apprenticeship (the 'FAQ' section of that website does not count) . wait a few years. then go here:

http://www.workhorseirons.com/

they don't sell to the general public. and any tattoo supplier that does has no integrity. people who are serious about making good machines and tattoo equipment don't want their name tarnished by selling their shit to just anyone. i don't have a problem with you and i don't think you lack integrity. the people who sell that plastic shit and call it tattoo gear are the ones i have a problem with.