Tattoos and Body Modification

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2011, 07:18 AM
RE: Tattoos and Body Modification
(23-11-2011 02:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  Now to business, I need to ask you a few things, I have asked the local tattoo masters, but they said it can't be done. I have a tattoo, my friend was practicing on my leg (see how good I am), but his lines have became too thick, so it's not precise anymore. Is there any way to make the lines thin and more precise again? I can send you the picture, if that would help.

Nope.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2011, 07:47 AM

hmmm... yeah i think your local peeps hit it on the head when they said it can't be done. once shit is laid down, the only option for a cover-up is to go bigger and thicker. other than laser removal (which is expensive and does not 'erase' a tattoo, but leaves a weird discolored scar) there is no way to replace thick lines with thin ones.

we call it a 'blow out' when someone goes too deep and that happens. what happens is that instead of the ink being placed in the subcutaneous tissue (where it's supposed to be) it ends up deeper in the fatty cells underneath. these cells are more jiggly and can't hold the ink as well. over the healing process, the ink spreads out in the fatty tissue and 'thickens' the lines, but in a messy way. the worst thing about blowouts is that traditional laser removal traetments targets the subcutaneous tissue (where the ink is supposed to be) only... it can make blown out lines lighten up, but getting rid of them is very hard.

blowouts are bad, and they are one of the risks of operating with sub-par machines (or tattooers)... they can be covered up, but like i said, the only option is going bigger. coverups are messy and they don't leave as many options as we would like.

sorry dude, but your only options are to go with a larger, darker design, or go in for laser removal sessions and try to lighten that bitch up as much as possible. shitty tattoos are usually no fun. sorry you had a bad experience with them.

@ filox

hmmm... yeah i think your local peeps hit it on the head when they said it can't be done. once shit is laid down, the only option for a cover-up is to go bigger and thicker. other than laser removal (which is expensive and does not 'erase' a tattoo, but leaves a weird discolored scar) there is no way to replace thick lines with thin ones.

we call it a 'blow out' when someone goes too deep and that happens. what happens is that instead of the ink being placed in the subcutaneous tissue (where it's supposed to be) it ends up deeper in the fatty cells underneath. these cells are more jiggly and can't hold the ink as well. over the healing process, the ink spreads out in the fatty tissue and 'thickens' the lines, but in a messy way. the worst thing about blowouts is that traditional laser removal traetments targets the subcutaneous tissue (where the ink is supposed to be) only... it can make blown out lines lighten up, but getting rid of them is very hard.

blowouts are bad, and they are one of the risks of operating with sub-par machines (or tattooers)... they can be covered up, but like i said, the only option is going bigger. coverups are messy and they don't leave as many options as we would like.

sorry dude, but your only options are to go with a larger, darker design, or go in for laser removal sessions and try to lighten that bitch up as much as possible. shitty tattoos are usually no fun. sorry you had a bad experience with them.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes paulesungnomo's post
23-11-2011, 02:22 PM
No, no, I don't think it bad, it's like a Maori tribal, so it looks more "native" this way and it's on my very hairy leg, so even if it was more precise, people would hardly notice, only I would notice.

This thing you said, that he went too deep is true, he did butcher it a bit, but it's fine, it was his forth tattoo, so he's excused. Smile He did one on my friend (girl, but not girlfriend... Smile ) and that one is still prefect. Probably because he was too afraid to hurt her, so he was more gentle, but didn't give a damn about me... Smile Oh, and we were doing that in a studio, where he was practicing, so you don't think we were doing it at home with shitty equipment.

Thanx for the info and double info.

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-11-2011, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2011 03:52 PM by Mr Woof.)
(23-11-2011 07:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-11-2011 02:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  Now to business, I need to ask you a few things, I have asked the local tattoo masters, but they said it can't be done. I have a tattoo, my friend was practicing on my leg (see how good I am), but his lines have became too thick, so it's not precise anymore. Is there any way to make the lines thin and more precise again? I can send you the picture, if that would help.

Nope.
Thick lines look great!
My tats, over 5o years, havent faded much.
Major problem was hair transplant as a very handsome balding young man.

Now ,near 70, heavily tattoed arms, and shaved head, the scars from the donor sites are destroying my looks, despite super gym fitness.

Go green with envy Kreuger!
23-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Paul covered it nicely, but since Girly questioned the divinity of ellenjanuary... Big Grin

White. Wink

The options of cover-ups are limited only by the imagination of the artist - but no, you don't wanna "fix" shit, you wanna "improve" shit. Fixing is lasers or lemon juice, and if the guy went too deep, that just means it is unique; ya may not wanna fuck with it. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2013, 08:32 PM
So here's some ink...it's hard to photograph something that goes all the way around your leg so I got sections. Also is my tattoo on my inner wrist done on the one year anniversary of my mastectomies. I have others. The one on my leg started years ago as an ankle band done real old school, then the marlin and then the work done from a photo of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.
[Image: legfront_zps47697e1a.jpg]

[Image: Marlinfront_zps86f8e84b.jpg]

[Image: MarlinSide_zps6915a035.jpg]

[Image: Back_zps5ba0c350.jpg]

[Image: beach_zps9e7f140e.jpg]

[Image: Lighthousecloseup_zps4dc4e386.jpg]

[Image: BC_zps6d23ad4b.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
21-07-2013, 12:21 AM
[Image: 2012_06_22_14_32_55.jpg]

[Image: 2013_02_05_14_51_01.jpg]

[Image: 2013_06_25_16_31_57.jpg]

[Image: 2013_06_25_16_32_12.jpg]

[Image: 2013_06_25_16_32_28.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0497.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like riseinside's post
21-07-2013, 04:37 AM
I don't have any tats or piercings, but if I had to, Leviticus 19:28.
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
21-07-2013, 07:45 AM
(21-07-2013 04:37 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I don't have any tats or piercings, but if I had to, Leviticus 19:28.

I'd consider this one:

[Image: five-kingdoms.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
21-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Tattoos and Body Modification
I have the logo of my MC inside a stylized V-Twin engine (designed by me) on my shoulder. Considering something atheistic for an encore, perhaps a circled 'A'.

Visible tats would be fine for my music work and ok in the current day job, maybe not so helpful if I continue to pick up more acting/promo gigs.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks