Tattoos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2012, 10:40 AM
RE: Tattoos
I have 2 tattoos. Wife has 3. I have pics but can't get to my photobucket on this computer. And I have my wife's name in 1.5" letters running about 12" down my left leg.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2012, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 12:58 PM by kim.)
(30-01-2012 04:07 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Ok , question , I am thinking to get tattoos in the future to celebrate a special occasion.
Two problems I have on this issue :
1.How do I find a good artist/parlor as to get a good tattoo and not get an STD bonus if you know what i mean.
2.I want my tattoos to be in runic script and inspired by viking mythology but I have no clue where I can translate it - and I mean properly , I don't want to end up with a tattoo I think says 'Life is struggle" and which actually says "I eat cow poo".

Any hints ?

Here you go:
I eat cow poo
I would suggest inputting a single word at a time and confirming with research.

I go along with The_Observer ... shop around and do not go with cheap.
Make sure the place is clean -spotless- everything sterilized. I don't know where you are but in the US, some cities require tattoo shops to have medical approved certificates to practice their craft and the certificates are usually displayed. Many wear protective masks and glasses ... and all wear surgical gloves - I know in my state gloves are mandatory.

Research is your best preventative to guard against cow poo of any kind. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-01-2012, 03:25 PM
[Image: wtf-photos-videos-tattoo-remove.png]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I think make up might be a better way to go for some. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
31-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I have a tatoo on my arm and I like it a lot. Actually I drew the original myself and the tatoo artist corrected it so it would be doable on the skin.
He was explaining exactly what and why and he had to make it a little bigger. He explained that if it is too small it won't look good because with the needles on skin he can't do the details that I put in.
The studio was very clean but not overclean you know. It looked like a place where you work but not chaos either, just simply a place where you go and believe that they will take good care of you. And he did.

I think it is important that the studio, the tatoo artist explains everything to you and is open for questions. Mine asked me if this is the first tatoo I get. And I said yes and so he explained to me how it works and he explained that if it hurts too much I should say something because the pain stops the second he stops. And he was right with it. I had been there before to check and to make an appointment. Also he told me the price and I had to save up for some time but in the end he was very fair. I paid less because it didn't take as long as he had thought before, he also told me what ointment to buy although he had the expensive version of it in the studio. So I simply went to the pharmacy and got what he told me. Very cool place and very fair treatment.

And now my tatoo which was 140 Euro if I remember right (and I would do again anytime!):
[Image: schwert.jpg]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
31-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Here's an anecdote: I've done one half finished, one half started tattoo here in the valley of the sun. I remember, before Christmas, hearing the testimony of one old tat dog to another - ellenjanuary the best he ever seen.

I suck. The moral of the story is zero-state morality - real deal, peeps - and the power of pma. The deal behind the real? Tattoo a scar, ellenjanuary an artist; the half fnished shit could have been done at any time... and I don't make mistakes, I have happy accidents and the clientele gets original work.

Spin baby spin. Anyhoo, tattoo sigil; withcraft. My Gwynnies is my material wealth, illustrated that this morning, that's how "old" that eleven year old tattoo is. And on my right forearm? The Mark of the Beast - the Mandelbrot set - the design that removes the hint of intelligence from god.

Yabba dabba doo. Wink
(30-01-2012 04:07 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Ok , question , I am thinking to get tattoos in the future to celebrate a special occasion.
Two problems I have on this issue :
1.How do I find a good artist/parlor as to get a good tattoo and not get an STD bonus if you know what i mean.
2.I want my tattoos to be in runic script and inspired by viking mythology but I have no clue where I can translate it - and I mean properly , I don't want to end up with a tattoo I think says 'Life is struggle" and which actually says "I eat cow poo".

Any hints ?

Return to the source, grasshopper. Big Grin

Do you want tat, or do you want sigil?

[Image: th_PC190003.jpg]

..is sigil. Never broke, never alone with Gwynnies on my arm. Technically it looks like crap, but both the artist and victim concur; best tattoo evahs! Nah, ain't trading it for a Ram.

In reference to two, and the source - design your flash, go to the artist prepared. The crucial first step so often overlooked. Go to an artist with reputation; if you got the flash, the artist becomes a "mere engineer." You wanna wear galoshes and booties? Take a foil of triple antibiotic with you, put it on the skin while it is being done. The nasty critters need live blood or at the least a neutral medium to kick off into vector. People get infections from shops when there is carelessness letting the work dry out and not treating it with topical antibiotic. Wink
(31-01-2012 10:40 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I have 2 tattoos. Wife has 3. I have pics but can't get to my photobucket on this computer. And I have my wife's name in 1.5" letters running about 12" down my left leg.

Wife>Roonies>Gwynnies. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Ok team , I think I'm starting to wrap my head around the concept , the dos and donts , and if I still wanted once the special occasion arrives I will get it and maybe post a pic. But this will be at least around summer.
Thanks , and if you have any more ideas , or tattoos to display , feel free to populate the thread. Smile

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
31-01-2012, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 11:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-01-2012 04:07 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Any hints ?

Take it for a trial ride with henna for a few weeks first.

I've never felt the desire for body marking even when I was in the USN and everybody was getting them. ManlyGirl's kinda into it, though. Don't understand it but think it's pretty cool. I don't need to understand it to appreciate it.

Here's a pegasus she got 15 years ago.

[Image: 2012-01-31204734.jpg]

And here's the new one she's just started working on. This one's gonna cost me a tidy sum by the time she's finished with what she has planned. ... And she just told me not to forget the pink cobra she has planned for her leg after that. [Image: a57910b0ce28.gif]

[Image: 2012-01-31204836.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Those are nice , but isn't henna with its own health risks ?
I never did fully grasp its detriments and how to check if the stuff is safe or not.

And I did remember unprofessional asses with cheap henna giving people infections on the seaside. If you are on the beach in Romania (not that you would want to) do not get a temporary tattoo !

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
09-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I was at the beach in romania, it was wonderful (but i was not at a beach with tons of tourists but at an insider tip). It was wonderful, and noone offered me henna or any kind of tatoo. But I got a long green robe (don't ask)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)