Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No 1....Martha Argerich

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 07:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No 1....Martha Argerich
I've been working on getting this back to where I used to have it. Best part starts at 4:08. (I need to let my hair grow REALLY long to play it right Big Grin )
(Our poor neighbors Sad )
BTW, it's played too fast ... the Hungarian folk song is lost at this speed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2016, 11:40 PM
(11-05-2016 06:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I've been working on getting this back to where I used to have it. Best part starts at 4:08. (I need to let my hair grow REALLY long to play it right Big Grin )
(Our poor neighbors Sad )
BTW, it's played too fast ... the Hungarian folk song is lost at this speed.

Do you play the piano? I'd love to hear you play. Grow your hair long super fast and play that damned piano for us Bucky.Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-07-2016, 06:54 PM
(10-05-2016 03:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Holy fuck! How do people play the piano like this. This woman is amazing, simply amazing. The whole piano must have gotten hot by the end of the performance. I'm surprised it didn't catch fire. I've never heard of her either.

I'm a classical pianist and I have idolized her all my life. I attend the Jacobs School of Music and studied abroad in Vienna last fall, where heard her perform the Schumann Piano Concerto. Spectacular. Got to meet her too, she's fiery. This is perhaps the most famous recording of Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1 and the Tchaikovsky international piano competition can't help but to compare the competitor's performance of the concerto to hers. I would recommend also listening to her performance of Ravel Piano Concerto in G. This is a new one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXqOhLUvT7w
[+] 1 user Likes maylizard's post
19-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Guys. Art Tatum.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-07-2016, 07:52 AM
(19-07-2016 08:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Guys. Art Tatum.

Hmmm... Art Tatum was indeed awesome, but so is Argerich. I'm not sure how you could compare them when the styles are so different. It's like comparing Andres Segovia and Joe Pass and Jimi Hendrix. Who was better? Beats me.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-07-2016, 12:56 PM
I've been a huge fan of classical piano ever since college. I play the piano and am always inspired by pianists like this.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
20-07-2016, 05:06 PM
(20-07-2016 07:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Guys. Art Tatum.

Hmmm... Art Tatum was indeed awesome, but so is Argerich. I'm not sure how you could compare them when the styles are so different. It's like comparing Andres Segovia and Joe Pass and Jimi Hendrix. Who was better? Beats me.

Art improvised. Not comparing styles. It is very different when one must read and another can compose on the fly.

Celebrated drummer, Bill Bruford, mentioned a trumpet player who he hired for his first album. The guy was a classic player and demanded the music be written out. He could not improvise a solo. I believe Allan Holdsworth wrote the solo for him.

Just a difference. I play both classic and jazz music. I hold Art in higher esteem. Just as I do Charlie Parker. Because they composed on the spot. With Parker, often at 220 bpm.

Just mentioning Art because I like him to be remembered. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-07-2016, 01:25 PM
(20-07-2016 05:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 07:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm... Art Tatum was indeed awesome, but so is Argerich. I'm not sure how you could compare them when the styles are so different. It's like comparing Andres Segovia and Joe Pass and Jimi Hendrix. Who was better? Beats me.

Art improvised. Not comparing styles. It is very different when one must read and another can compose on the fly.

Celebrated drummer, Bill Bruford, mentioned a trumpet player who he hired for his first album. The guy was a classic player and demanded the music be written out. He could not improvise a solo. I believe Allan Holdsworth wrote the solo for him.

Just a difference. I play both classic and jazz music. I hold Art in higher esteem. Just as I do Charlie Parker. Because they composed on the spot. With Parker, often at 220 bpm.

Just mentioning Art because I like him to be remembered. Smile

No worries. I love Tatum, and Charlie Parker too. Parker in the late 1940s was like a bottomless fountain of melody. They could do 5 or 6 takes of the same tune, and he would play a completely different (and completely awesome) solo on each take. I've heard many great improvisers, but none better than Charlie Parker.