Tea party leader: Restricting vote to property owners ‘makes a lot of sense’

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2010, 04:35 PM

Tea party leader: Restricting vote to property owners ‘makes a lot of sense’
They're discussing this story on Chris Matthews right now.

Tea's said they want to take the country back. Now we're finding out they want to take it back in time.
Way to advocate a Plutocracy! Rolleyes

The Raw Story
By Eric W. Dolan

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010
Tea Party Nation President Judson Phillips said denying the right to vote to those who do not own property "makes a lot of sense" during a weekly radio program.

"The Founding Fathers originally said, they put certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote," Phillips said. "It wasn't you were just a citizen and you got to vote." (Continues)
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 06:55 PM
RE: Tea party leader: Restricting vote to property owners ‘makes a lot of sense’
Well fukk me then. It doesn't matter that I did 2 tours in Iraq, the REAL americans are property owners. Makes sense to me: The majority of voters that rent would likely be college students. And since most college students are dirty liberals, this would sway the percentages quite nicely.

While we're at it, let's go ahead and roll back all progress and declare that, you know what? When you think about it, blacks really ARE worth half as much as whites. And you know, the founding fathers had it right in not allowing women to vote, back to the kitchen with you!

A guy in the comments section had a good point as well: No taxation without representation. Since we can no longer vote, does that mean we can no longer be taxed?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply