Teach men not to rape!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
11-06-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Teach men not to rape!
(11-06-2014 04:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  [Image: still_not_asking_for_it.jpg?w=660]

Pictures like this are dangerous. Ohmy

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 12:05 AM
(11-06-2014 07:38 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  There were all kinds of value judgements in your first post. Ironic because you say it isn't culture, but your entire viewpoint on the issue is framed in your cultural bias.

Culture is a real thing. Cultural attitudes shape gender roles.
Yes, culture is a real thing, the same way that American flag is a real piece of cloth and dye. But two objections here.
- Culture is not a consistent, logical or virtuous system of reference. It is considered virtuous by those who get born into it, but that birth is an accident. Nobody can be virtuous by accident, which would mean no culture is virtuous, in which case there's no reason to be so fond of it. For example, religion and nationalism are major parts of culture.
- Yes, cultural attitudes shape gender roles. But there is nothing in mainstream culture that says men must dominate and assault women. A culture in which Margaret Thatcher can order tens of thousands men to go fight and risk lives in Falkland war is not a patriarchy. A culture in which a woman can get child support and lifetime allowance from a former husband by the court, is not a patriarchy. A culture where men take on the most dangerous, unhealthy and violent jobs is not a patriarchy.

Nah, I claim to be philosophical, not cultural. Rooted in the first principles, that sort of thing. Culture is religion, politics, mass sports and such. If culture was truth, we wouldn't call it culture.

(11-06-2014 08:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Which just continues to show how very very little you know about politics 101, economics 101 and psychology 101.
I know what government schools teach, if that's what you mean. Government materials can be very objective and scientific if they don't talk about government and don't make the government look bad.
12-06-2014, 12:35 AM
(11-06-2014 06:38 PM)Luminon Wrote:  [snip]

Men will stop raping when women will stop attacking them as children. And when women will only have children with decent, reliable men who will stay around and not leave them pregnant on welfare or working. It's women who make the choice. Women decide who to bang and how to handle "discipline" of children. And it's fathers who teach sons to respect their mothers and other women. Women literally decide the quality of mankind by the kind of men they choose to have sex with. If they choose dumb, beefy sociopaths with tattoos who won't stay around if they're lucky, the welfare state in many countries will step in and breed the single mothers for their votes and will get the taxes for welfare out of the rest of us. We are government-bred vote and tax cattle.

Most men were beaten up by a woman many times, I wonder why they want to get even so much.
http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/28/wo...your-kids/

Facepalm So, rape is is is undeniably the woman's fault. Amazing!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 2 users Like Dee's post
12-06-2014, 12:38 AM
(11-06-2014 06:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 06:38 PM)Luminon Wrote:  It makes no evolutionary sense for men to attack women. Even culturally, all male culture is man on man violence and competition to win woman's favor. Men are willing to risk their lives protecting women. So it's likely neither biology, nor culture.
These rapists had to be raised by somebody.

Of course there is no way to get even. This shit gets carried down by generations and virtually nobody is asking who had a primary influence on all these rapists, who raised them. I couldn't care less if the rapists in India get strung up on a tree, but that is just an end product. I want to see the families (or what's left of them) that produced these rapists.

Men will stop raping when women will stop attacking them as children and will only have children with decent, reliable men who will stay around and not leave them pregnant on welfare or working. It's women who make the choice. Women decide who to bang and how to handle "discipline" of children. And it's fathers who teach sons to respect their mothers and other women. Walking around single mom neighbourhoods at night is not a good idea.

Most men were beaten up by a woman many times, I wonder why they want to get even so much.
http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/28/wo...your-kids/

You are reaching scary levels of delusion. You need to step back from your manifesto and reexamine your thought processes.

Yeah, but who needs pesky things like 'reality' when you'd rather be entirely focused on 'first principals' and having your head shoved so far up your ass you can see daylight?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2014, 12:55 AM
(11-06-2014 04:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  While I agree in this society that people need to be careful. I do not agree that anyone ever "deserves it" or is "asking for it" careless or not.

[Image: still_not_asking_for_it.jpg?w=660]

I absolutely love this picture. I can't believe I have never seen it--so like 1960s-70s feminist art.

I think it's a terribly slippery slope when defining what is careless behavior for others.

I live in a small, very small, apartment with one sm. window and a patio door. One of my greatest pleasures is opening my front door and patio door to let in cool air during fall, winter, and spring. Some say I live in a neighborhood that requires caution. Some think that opening my front door is careless. I think opening my front door at night is careless, so I don't leave my doors open at night.

If I leave my door open during the day and I get hurt, is it my fault? Why?

If I leave my door open at night and get hurt is it my fault? Why?

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
12-06-2014, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 01:49 AM by Michael_Tadlock.)
(12-06-2014 12:05 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 07:38 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  There were all kinds of value judgements in your first post. Ironic because you say it isn't culture, but your entire viewpoint on the issue is framed in your cultural bias.

Culture is a real thing. Cultural attitudes shape gender roles.
Yes, culture is a real thing, the same way that American flag is a real piece of cloth and dye. But two objections here.
- Culture is not a consistent, logical or virtuous system of reference. It is considered virtuous by those who get born into it, but that birth is an accident. Nobody can be virtuous by accident, which would mean no culture is virtuous, in which case there's no reason to be so fond of it. For example, religion and nationalism are major parts of culture.
- Yes, cultural attitudes shape gender roles. But there is nothing in mainstream culture that says men must dominate and assault women. A culture in which Margaret Thatcher can order tens of thousands men to go fight and risk lives in Falkland war is not a patriarchy. A culture in which a woman can get child support and lifetime allowance from a former husband by the court, is not a patriarchy. A culture where men take on the most dangerous, unhealthy and violent jobs is not a patriarchy.

Nah, I claim to be philosophical, not cultural. Rooted in the first principles, that sort of thing. Culture is religion, politics, mass sports and such. If culture was truth, we wouldn't call it culture.

(11-06-2014 08:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Which just continues to show how very very little you know about politics 101, economics 101 and psychology 101.
I know what government schools teach, if that's what you mean. Government materials can be very objective and scientific if they don't talk about government and don't make the government look bad.

There isn't anything to argue with there. Nothing you have said makes any sense.

Woman are second class citizens in our society even still. Regressive attitudes about woman contribute a great deal to "rape culture" and to the repression of woman in general. I don't really understand your point. If you are trying to argue that woman are not repressed then you have only proved yourself very ignorant on the issues.

To go after your first post:

1: woman will not and should not have to use sexual selection towards some sort of pseudo social Darwinist aims of weeding out people in society you don't approve of. Like men who have tattoos, apparently.

2: Procreation takes place between two peoples. Both men and woman can exercise abstinence and use contraception. So if two people have a baby, both parties are equally responsible. And for the record, woman can "bang" whoever they want, with or without your's or anyone else's approval.

3: WTF is this "men will stop raping women when women stop attacking them as children"? I don't even know what it means and I am offended.

4. You have some kind of welfare hate mixed in with your misogyny. Its a charming bigotry mashup you got going there.

If you are talking about woman's role in society, in a general and macro sense, culture is the only thing that makes sense to talk about. We are talking about a woman's political, social, familial power. Her power to exercise control over herself and her community. The power other people have over her. That IS culture. The way you change things is you educate people, actively work to change stereotypes, and combat regressive social messages. It is no different than the movements toward racial and sexual equality.

Treating woman equal to men is really very easy. When a woman says something you don't like, imagine a man saying it. Still don't like it? Fine, she is an asshole. Ok if a man says it? Great, its cool for her too. Apply that simple exercise to nearly every other aspect of life, and that is what gender equality looks like. Really that simple.
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
12-06-2014, 01:25 AM
(12-06-2014 12:55 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 04:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  While I agree in this society that people need to be careful. I do not agree that anyone ever "deserves it" or is "asking for it" careless or not.

[Image: still_not_asking_for_it.jpg?w=660]

I absolutely love this picture. I can't believe I have never seen it--so like 1960s-70s feminist art.

*puts on Digital Art Major cap*

[Image: This_looks_shopped_.jpg]

I'm am almost positive that's a fairly recent photo that just has a single Photoshop filter placed over it. Give me a photo and Photoshop and I could easily create a similar image in under 10 minutes. Tongue

*takes off Digital Art Major cap*

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-06-2014, 03:15 AM
(11-06-2014 07:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  it's all developmental psychology 101, economy 101, politics 101...

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
12-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Going way back to the original post, it does rather suggest that either there are no disabled women or that disabled women don't get raped.
12-06-2014, 01:11 PM
(12-06-2014 01:21 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  There isn't anything to argue with there. Nothing you have said makes any sense.

Woman are second class citizens in our society even still. Regressive attitudes about woman contribute a great deal to "rape culture" and to the repression of woman in general. I don't really understand your point. If you are trying to argue that woman are not repressed then you have only proved yourself very ignorant on the issues.
Any comments?
[Image: 10295661_731646640212357_6220639381780112964_n.png]

(12-06-2014 01:21 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  1: woman will not and should not have to use sexual selection towards some sort of pseudo social Darwinist aims of weeding out people in society you don't approve of. Like men who have tattoos, apparently.
I don't mean any social Darwinist aims, but long-term personal and relationship happiness and fulfillment aims, which turn out to be in line with the best interests of the children. Back in times when there was no welfare state, women had to exercise judgement about who are they going to bed with. Now they just get knocked up and receive welfare. There are whole neighbourhoods and populations of single mother "families" like that. Don't give me an argument they do it out of love.

(12-06-2014 01:21 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  2: Procreation takes place between two peoples. Both men and woman can exercise abstinence and use contraception. So if two people have a baby, both parties are equally responsible. And for the record, woman can "bang" whoever they want, with or without your's or anyone else's approval.
I'll accept that argument when men will be able to have abortion, when they'll regularly win legal custody battles over children and when women will pay alimony or divorce support to men.
Yes, women can have sex with anyone they want, but then they must not go to politicians voting to increase taxes, tax my money and have bigger welfare checks. The state is the ultimate single mom's husband.

(12-06-2014 01:21 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  3: WTF is this "men will stop raping women when women stop attacking them as children"? I don't even know what it means and I am offended.
[Image: I+never+really+got+this+either_7785ec_4635215.png]
If children are hit by women, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to return the favor somehow to the womankind when they grow up.

(12-06-2014 01:21 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  4. You have some kind of welfare hate mixed in with your misogyny. Its a charming bigotry mashup you got going there.

If you are talking about woman's role in society, in a general and macro sense, culture is the only thing that makes sense to talk about. We are talking about a woman's political, social, familial power. Her power to exercise control over herself and her community. The power other people have over her. That IS culture. The way you change things is you educate people, actively work to change stereotypes, and combat regressive social messages. It is no different than the movements toward racial and sexual equality.
What sort of equality women are lacking? The job market? Women do tend to get lower pay, but firstly, they do extra job of child rearing, which certainly lowers their business performance, and secondly, they tend to start on higher minimal pay than men. They often prefer to be supported by a man if he's earning enough.

(12-06-2014 01:21 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Treating woman equal to men is really very easy. When a woman says something you don't like, imagine a man saying it. Still don't like it? Fine, she is an asshole. Ok if a man says it? Great, its cool for her too. Apply that simple exercise to nearly every other aspect of life, and that is what gender equality looks like. Really that simple.
Sounds all right to me. My problem starts when women drag politics and laws into the fight. The political fight of men and women has no innocents on both sides, they're both as bloody as Jews and Palestinians.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post