Teach men not to rape!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
13-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Teach men not to rape!
(13-06-2014 03:04 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 02:05 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  You are blaming abusive mothers for rape and domestic violence. Mixed in with some woo woo shit about kids with ADHD.

FrustyFacepalm

I can't bring myself to argue with you anymore. I don't even know how to begin to fight that level of delusion.
Blame doesn't solve anything. Causality does. Someone had to raise these rapists. And something tells me that happy family with good male and female role model and lots of respect between parents might not be the way they were raised.

If we say that how the mothers raised the men who commit rape had no influence on them whatsoever, then that is the most insulting thing to say against mothers and women in general, that would be considering women totally irresponsible and totally disposable. Is that what you do?

And I use your frustration as a good sign that I'm probably right. Truth is always out of someone's comfort zone.

What the fuck? So who do we blame for the fathers and sons raping sisters and daughters repeatedly? Talk about not being safe in your own home.

And in these cases you have two parents on a "loving home" actively covering up the abuse, and this is the only instance you can actually blame the mother for enabling the abuse.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2014, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2014 11:50 AM by Luminon.)
RE: Teach men not to rape!
(13-06-2014 10:43 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  No, you clearly hate woman. Don't get me wrong, I am proud to wear your negative rep, but don't further delude yourself by thinking your "science" doesn't include bigotry and prejudice.
Well, whatever. I still don't know where I have said anything bad about women. Everyone's getting their underpants in a knot for something that I haven't said. Especially I don't see any women complaining about me.

My lesson is a toddler lesson. Don't hit. Regardless if mothers or fathers, but mothers spend more time with children and it's a fact they hit children more and they hit boys even more.
I am probably a product of the worst parenting that is still legal and innocuous. My mother is a direct product of a war-time generation from two world wars. I tell you, this shit is contagious and toxic and runs in generations worse than genetics, there is no generation skipping. The degree to which you don't like me is the degree to which you don't like bad mothers. I just had enough of a high IQ to learn English and provide this experience to you. Most of my neighbours don't.

(13-06-2014 11:34 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  What the fuck? So who do we blame for the fathers and sons raping sisters and daughters repeatedly? Talk about not being safe in your own home.

And in these cases you have two parents on a "loving home" actively covering up the abuse, and this is the only instance you can actually blame the mother for enabling the abuse.
Blame the perpetrators, of course! Why does everyone talk about blame? That's easy to pinpoint, knock yourself (them) out. Nothing wrong with a good dose of blame, go ahead.
And then, when everyone was blamed and condemned and there are still new and new cases appearing, you have to start thinking where do these people come from. How their brains grew and who shaped them and how.
13-06-2014, 04:33 PM
(13-06-2014 11:43 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I am probably a product of the worst parenting that is still legal and innocuous. My mother is a direct product of a war-time generation from two world wars. I tell you, this shit is contagious and toxic and runs in generations worse than genetics, there is no generation skipping. The degree to which you don't like me is the degree to which you don't like bad mothers. I just had enough of a high IQ to learn English and provide this experience to you. Most of my neighbours don't.

1) Girly likes you. Just think you bought into some bizarre Ayn Rand bullshit along the way. I blame frankie.
2) You don't need a high IQ to learn English. Look at Ted Nugent. (I was gonna use Ozzy but it's not clear he understands English. Big Grin )
3) Might wanna think about resuming this over in the Personal Issues & Support forum if you seriously want to pursue this without Taq fucking you 6 ways from Sunday. ... just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-06-2014, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2014 03:39 AM by Luminon.)
(13-06-2014 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 11:43 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I am probably a product of the worst parenting that is still legal and innocuous. My mother is a direct product of a war-time generation from two world wars. I tell you, this shit is contagious and toxic and runs in generations worse than genetics, there is no generation skipping. The degree to which you don't like me is the degree to which you don't like bad mothers. I just had enough of a high IQ to learn English and provide this experience to you. Most of my neighbours don't.

1) Girly likes you. Just think you bought into some bizarre Ayn Rand bullshit along the way. I blame frankie.
2) You don't need a high IQ to learn English. Look at Ted Nugent. (I was gonna use Ozzy but it's not clear he understands English. Big Grin )
3) Might wanna think about resuming this over in the Personal Issues & Support forum if you seriously want to pursue this without Taq fucking you 6 ways from Sunday. ... just sayin'. Drinking Beverage
1) I haven't yet read Ayn Rand. But in my Bc. studies I learned about Austrian school of economy, the anarcho-capitalism. I learned that it prevents the problems that government claims to solve, technical stuff. The moral dimension came later. Did you ever find it strange that technology leaped far in 100 years, yet morality went nowhere in 2000 years? I have learned that there is a reason for that and that there is a moral technology that can benefit the society the same way that science benefits technology. And it feels fuckin' awesome. I like the cool technology as anyone, but social, moral technology comes even closer to the heart. Did you ever find it strange that science invents these cool gadgets but then governments use them to bomb and spy on people and scientists, are like, 'meh...?

2) I meant English as an extra-curricular activity, with no live specimens to practice on.

3) Maybe I like my thrills, maybe too much. Some people love to scale mountains, bungee-jump, dive with sharks and do martial arts. I on the other hand, do the same with self-knowledge and de-conversion from cultural and personal beliefs. People went to crusades and got killed rather than question the validity of the Church teaching. People go to wars and get killed rather than question the legitimacy of the government. Edison said, 85 % of people would rather die than think. Another 10 % think that they think.
So I like my thrills. Imagine that you are a Christian and discover that there is such a provocative thing as not believing in any invisible beings. Imagine that you are a patriot and discover there is such a thing as not believing in imaginary lines on the ground and very real monopolized justice mafia. If there was no go(d)-vermin', where would morality come from? Doesn't it just provoke the hell out of you? A world that believes in gods has to have hell of a lot more wrong with it than just the gods. What if gods are just the most obvious thing, because they're invisible? What if there were more ways of being an atheist than just not believing in gods?
14-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Re: RE: Teach men not to rape!
(14-06-2014 03:29 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  1) Girly likes you. Just think you bought into some bizarre Ayn Rand bullshit along the way. I blame frankie.
1) I haven't yet read Ayn Rand. But in my Bc. studies I learned about Austrian school of economy, the anarcho-capitalism. I learned that it prevents the problems that government claims to solve, technical stuff. The moral dimension came later. Did you ever find it strange that technology leaped far in 100 years, yet morality went nowhere in 2000 years? I have learned that there is a reason for that and that there is a moral technology that can benefit the society the same way that science benefits technology. And it feels fuckin' awesome. I like the cool technology as anyone, but social, moral technology comes even closer to the heart. Did you ever find it strange that science invents these cool gadgets but then governments use them to bomb and spy on people and scientists, are like, 'meh...?

2) I meant English as an extra-curricular activity, with no live specimens to practice on.

3) Maybe I like my thrills, maybe too much. Some people love to scale mountains, bungee-jump, dive with sharks and do martial arts. I on the other hand, do the same with self-knowledge and de-conversion from cultural and personal beliefs. People went to crusades and got killed rather than question the validity of the Church teaching. People go to wars and get killed rather than question the legitimacy of the government. Edison said, 85 % of people would rather die than think. Another 10 % think that they think.
So I like my thrills. Imagine that you are a Christian and discover that there is such a provocative thing as not believing in any invisible beings. Imagine that you are a patriot and discover there is such a thing as not believing in imaginary lines on the ground and very real monopolized justice mafia. If there was no go(d)-vermin', where would morality come from? Doesn't it just provoke the hell out of you? A world that believes in gods has to have hell of a lot more wrong with it than just the gods. What if gods are just the most obvious thing, because they're invisible? What if there were more ways of being an atheist than just not believing in gods?

Wouldn't it be a thrill for someone of that mindset to themselves step back, and realize they've made aggressive generalizations and are likely vastly wrong to have put everything of issues into boxes of simple described causality?

I am lacking a reason for how that doesn't apply.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-06-2014, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2014 08:55 AM by Luminon.)
(14-06-2014 03:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Wouldn't it be a thrill for someone of that mindset to themselves step back, and realize they've made aggressive generalizations and are likely vastly wrong to have put everything of issues into boxes of simple described causality?

I am lacking a reason for how that doesn't apply.
I've been often accused of things I haven't actually said. There is a strange phenomenon. When one speaks of unknown things, other people don't realize they are unknown.
Our eyesight is not that good, but the brain smooths it out and fills in the blanks. Similarly, when people hear of new, unknown ideas, the ideas always are said incompletely. Then their brain fills in the blanks in presentation. And the blanks are filled in a defensive way, filled with what we fear and hate the most. That's how we reject the new, we distort the incomplete presentation before it reaches our consciousness and then we rightfully reject the familiar nonsense. We subconsciously censor and edit the unfamiliarity, because what is not familiar, is not thinkable. We recoil back from unfamiliarity out of fear, but faster than we can realize this fear.

The origin of this fear is probably developmental, I don't know. I could only test it by having a talk with a child who was not raised by coercion, punishment and spanking. Maybe I'm wrong and this defensive filling-in of blanks is still partially present even in peaceful upbringing, or equally. (yes, I speak of prejudice, but the word "prejudice" tells you nothing useful, I do)

I have seen this phenomenon all the time, in history, in myself and in others, even smarter people than me.
To Christians, atheism is unfamiliar, they know only worship, so they interpret atheism as worship of Satan.
To patriots, anarchism is unfamiliar, they know only war, so they interpret anarchism as a war of all against all.
To radical government-lobbying feminists, equality is unfamiliar, they know only oppression, so they interpret equality as male oppression.
To collectivists, individual rights are unfamiliar, they know only following, so they interpret individualism as following one's vices and selfishness.
To capitalists, non-monetary labor-eliminating economies are unfamiliar, they know only desire, so they interpret such economies as a desire to be again a child cared for by family, without labor and money. All of these are condescending and infuriating as hell.

Brain is not like a computer, it can't just download a new knowledge like a PDF. Or rather it is like a computer, only knowledge is not data, it's executable that doesn't run on different OS. The only executables that spread easily are simple viruses that like to occupy unused memory and processing capacity. Thus what we call culture is a set of viruses and trojans, not knowledge. The only way to tell viruses from knowledge is to use your brain for difficult and visible things, then you will see that some parts of your memory make a difference in the world and some don't and you will be more in favor of questioning the unhelpful knowledge. However this is your brain we are talking about and every knowledge in it is a part of yourself. Sentiment hurts and giving it up is more painful than freeing a memory in computer.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
14-06-2014, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2014 01:34 PM by Luminon.)
Who will teach women not to assault men?

To those who think SM has a problem with citing his data, look here:
http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

To those who still think that my source (SM) is anti-women or misogynist or masculinist, please listen to this woman's judgement at: 2:56:20
http://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/2721/you-ca...-11th-2014
31-08-2014, 05:33 PM
(09-06-2014 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Really shouldn't have to teach anyone not to rape.

Let's gather for a little game of 'Blame the Victim'. Dodgy

I am unsure if teaching people how to actively prevent a crime is victim blaming.
You are the ones causing harm. There are women out there who will be raped because of your strawman attacks against people trying to actually help potential victims from ever becoming actual victims.
Don't teach me not to lock my door, teach your kids not to steal!
Don't teach me to tell my kids not to get in a white van, tell your kids not to abduct kids!
Don't teach my kids to stop, drop and roll, teach fire not to burn people!

There are unempathetic predators out there, and we have to accept that fact. Let's actually give women the power to fucking stop it. That's true empowerment.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
31-08-2014, 05:37 PM
You are one of the most ignorant asses to soil this forum.

Well done.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
31-08-2014, 06:04 PM
(31-08-2014 05:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are one of the most ignorant asses to soil this forum.

Well done.

Not really. Refute my arguments or give counters. Stop just asserting I am ignorant!

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.