Teach men not to rape!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
31-08-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: Teach men not to rape!
Whoever said that I thought rape was the fault of the victim is a serious piece of shit. I never said that. I said that this is nothing to do with victim blaming, and to do with actively reducing victims! There is no blame for being mugged, but we don't say teach people not to mug! We teach self fucking defence! I want less women to ever be in that position! How is this misogynist you misandrist feminazis!

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post
31-08-2014, 06:27 PM
(31-08-2014 06:19 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Whoever said that I thought rape was the fault of the victim is a serious piece of shit. I never said that. I said that this is nothing to do with victim blaming, and to do with actively reducing victims! There is no blame for being mugged, but we don't say teach people not to mug! We teach self fucking defence! I want less women to ever be in that position! How is this misogynist you misandrist feminazis!

I think you may be saying some interesting things, but your presentation is getting in the way. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-08-2014, 06:40 PM
(31-08-2014 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:19 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Whoever said that I thought rape was the fault of the victim is a serious piece of shit. I never said that. I said that this is nothing to do with victim blaming, and to do with actively reducing victims! There is no blame for being mugged, but we don't say teach people not to mug! We teach self fucking defence! I want less women to ever be in that position! How is this misogynist you misandrist feminazis!

I think you may be saying some interesting things, but your presentation is getting in the way. Drinking Beverage

How would you suggest I word it then? Feminists like the ones who strawmanned me are going to attack me however nice I am. Anything that they disagree with is automatically misogyny.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
01-09-2014, 09:34 AM
We should not have lockdown drills. I'm not going to teach my children to to get shot, you teach your children not to shoot people. Lockdown drills are part of shooting culture and to suggest that children should be taught how to avoid getting shot is victim-blaming.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
(31-08-2014 05:33 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Really shouldn't have to teach anyone not to rape.

Let's gather for a little game of 'Blame the Victim'. Dodgy

I am unsure if teaching people how to actively prevent a crime is victim blaming.
You are the ones causing harm. There are women out there who will be raped because of your strawman attacks against people trying to actually help potential victims from ever becoming actual victims.
Don't teach me not to lock my door, teach your kids not to steal!
Don't teach me to tell my kids not to get in a white van, tell your kids not to abduct kids!
Don't teach my kids to stop, drop and roll, teach fire not to burn people!

There are unempathetic predators out there, and we have to accept that fact. Let's actually give women the power to fucking stop it. That's true empowerment.

There is nothing wrong with giving women, or anybody else, tools to prevent sexual assault. That isn't a sexist or misogynistic sentiment. For my own part, I have read most of your post, I haven't read anything I thought was misogynistic.

The key is, you can't blame a victim for not using tools to prevent sexual assault, or not being aware of them. When a women is raped it is always the rapists fault; no matter what she was wearing, or what part of town she was in, or whether or not she tried to fight or not. On that point I think we probably agree.
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Why can't we just let these threads die? Undecided

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
07-09-2014, 05:10 PM
(01-09-2014 11:28 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 05:33 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  I am unsure if teaching people how to actively prevent a crime is victim blaming.
You are the ones causing harm. There are women out there who will be raped because of your strawman attacks against people trying to actually help potential victims from ever becoming actual victims.
Don't teach me not to lock my door, teach your kids not to steal!
Don't teach me to tell my kids not to get in a white van, tell your kids not to abduct kids!
Don't teach my kids to stop, drop and roll, teach fire not to burn people!

There are unempathetic predators out there, and we have to accept that fact. Let's actually give women the power to fucking stop it. That's true empowerment.

There is nothing wrong with giving women, or anybody else, tools to prevent sexual assault. That isn't a sexist or misogynistic sentiment. For my own part, I have read most of your post, I haven't read anything I thought was misogynistic.

The key is, you can't blame a victim for not using tools to prevent sexual assault, or not being aware of them. When a women is raped it is always the rapists fault; no matter what she was wearing, or what part of town she was in, or whether or not she tried to fight or not. On that point I think we probably agree.

Hell yeah we agree! I am just saddened that ideology sometimes impedes real help. I will never, and I mean never, blame somebody for being attacked. Even if they have the physical power to stop it and don't because of fear for example, they are not to blame. I just want to prevent it like more crimes.
It isn't ideal to advise somebody to impede their own freedom to reduce their chances if being a victim to a crime, but that sadly is the world we live in.

08-09-2014, 02:30 AM
Teach men not to rape!
I guess this could be coming from a lifetime of experience as a socially awkward individual, but: Should we really have to teach men not to rape?

Either the idea of being taught forcing yourself on someone is utterly repugnant, or there is something seriously wrong with male culture.

I don't understand this. I distinctly remember standing in a 23 year old woman's bedroom, and turning my back while she tried on a dress she "really wanted to show me," because I thought it was the gentlemanly thing to do.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
08-09-2014, 04:03 AM
(08-09-2014 02:30 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I guess this could be coming from a lifetime of experience as a socially awkward individual, but: Should we really have to teach men not to rape?

Either the idea of being taught forcing yourself on someone is utterly repugnant, or there is something seriously wrong with male culture.

I don't understand this. I distinctly remember standing in a 23 year old woman's bedroom, and turning my back while she tried on a dress she "really wanted to show me," because I thought it was the gentlemanly thing to do.

That's because only a select few people are rapists.
The people who do have little empathy and are most likely not affected by the culture. Let's face it, the only label worse than rapist is paedophile.
So is it culture, or is it a specific disorder that controls this? I would contend that it is the latter.