Teach men not to rape!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
10-06-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Teach men not to rape!
(10-06-2014 12:04 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Everyone should learn self defense. Men, women, and children should all learn self defense. It's a good skill to have.

This. You can't change human nature.

This is all so typical of radical feminists. They're stuck in their sociology books debating artificial concepts that are meant to describe features of society but which aren't properly validated with real-world observations.

I was pretty shocked when working with some sociologists just how vulnerable they were to confirmation bias. They would have massive amounts of data in the form of interviews and they would listen through it selecting only the key points that confirmed their pet theory.

It then shapes how they personally interact and understand the world around them which closes them off from seeing and treating people as they ought to be.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
10-06-2014, 02:45 AM
Teaching men not to rape doesn't mean sensitivity training for violent offenders. Most rape falls into that "gray rape" area, where the person who was the rapist can convince them self they never raped in the first place. For the victim there is nothing gray about it, rape is rape.

The vast majority of rapes are committed by someone the victim knows and usually by a friend who is interested in consensual sex. A lot of men either aren't aware of, or don't adequately appreciate what the rules for consent are. To make matter worse, most rapes involve alcohol or some other narcotic. If there was better education for men about rape it is possible that less men might commit rape.

Also, in our society men are getting a lot of harmful messages about woman and there needs to be a counter to that. We live in a society that reduces women to objects. There is still these silly and destructive notions that when a woman says something she doesn't always really mean it, and that woman are weak in character and need to be "taken care of". Men do need to be educated on what rape is how they can cross the line and become a rapist. Men need to stop seeing sex a conquest and/or an entitlement. I personally believe that most rapes could be prevented if men had different attitudes about sex and woman.

As for the self defense bit, I think feminists are loathe to put any ownest on the victim. Its easy for "learn self defense" to feel like "its your fault if you let yourself get raped". This is not what anybody means, but idealistically speaking, the best solution is nobody ever gets raped no matter how helpless or defenseless they are.

In addition to that, "self defense" doesn't speak to the problem. Most rapes are committed without the threat of violence. Very rarely does a rapist have a weapon. Very rarely does a rapist have to even do very much to physically restrain the victim. The problem isn't that woman aren't empowered or able to resist their attacker, the problem is that rape is a deeply traumatic experience that renders very strong people helpless while it is happening. You can't blame the victim for not resisting, you have to blame the rapist for committing the sexual assault in the first place. Education could help a lot of people, but the party that needs the most educating is men.
[+] 5 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
10-06-2014, 02:48 AM
I am currently putting my 5 year old girl in Taikwondo, she is almost yellow belt, when she is older I will suggest to her to do BJJ.

No fucker's gonna force himself on my little deadly assassin.
[+] 6 users Like Stevil's post
10-06-2014, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 06:16 AM by Banjo.)
Self defence is great.

I see no reason why I should not now give more personal info. I had two careers. One as musician, the other as professional martial artist. I eventually qualified as a teacher in 17 styles. My favorite was Tae Kwon Do. I hold a fourth dan and a third dan in two styles of that venerable art.

Here is an early shot of me. I am in the air kicking that guy in the throat with impeccable control. Yes, I was good.

But Tae Kwon Do is not enough. Your daughter MUST learn to wrestle. Most fights are unfair and end on the ground. I highly recommend Jiu Jutsu.

Me, age 20. Already a second dan. Tae Kwon Do relies on space. It is not enough alone. If not Jiu Jutsu, Greco Roman wrestling is great.
[Image: Jumping_Side_Kick1.jpg]

Warning. The poster, Banjo, is currently on an experimental drug known to affect the human brain. Banjo went insane on this drug. Treat everything I say with a grain of salt. Especially if offended. Indeed, there are 9 (1 died) people on this drug worldwide.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
10-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Oh I should mention I taught free anti rape classes for five years.

I no longer train due to breaking my back in the 90's. I am able to walk and play drums.

I met many rape victims. I hope I helped a few.

Warning. The poster, Banjo, is currently on an experimental drug known to affect the human brain. Banjo went insane on this drug. Treat everything I say with a grain of salt. Especially if offended. Indeed, there are 9 (1 died) people on this drug worldwide.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
10-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Wot Banjo sez.

I have very limited experience in grappling, except in the bedroom where we once broke a bed Blush The landlady was not a happy bunny.

I remember the first time I started Thai boxing and I was told to put my arms around the neck of this man soaked in sweat so I could learn neck grappling. My first thought was "Ewww!"

But I soon got used to it and it became my favourite technique. My advantage as a woman was that my shoulder blades weren't so broad so I could completely close the gap between my arms. It then didn't matter how strong the man was if they had 60 plus kilograms off his neck that he couldn't get rid of and was pulling him in random directions and occasionally elbowing or kneeing him in the soft bits.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
10-06-2014, 06:36 AM
(09-06-2014 02:19 PM)Kavos Wrote:  http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlic...e-n1849213

So basically a woman says that women should learn self defence to prevent being raped, and feminists get their knickers in a twist.

What a bonkers world they live in.

I totally get why it riles the feminists, no brainer.

Because it puts and keeps rape in the women's court--still her responsibility to prevent rape, keeps it a women's issue only, lacks a higher consciousness.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 3 users Like Dee's post
10-06-2014, 08:17 AM
(10-06-2014 06:36 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 02:19 PM)Kavos Wrote:  http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlic...e-n1849213

So basically a woman says that women should learn self defence to prevent being raped, and feminists get their knickers in a twist.

What a bonkers world they live in.

I totally get why it riles the feminists, no brainer.

Because it puts and keeps rape in the women's court--still her responsibility to prevent rape, keeps it a women's issue only, lacks a higher consciousness.

If self defence isn't for would-be rape victims, then who is it for?

The thing is, if it isn't a woman's responsibility to take care of herself, how can she make any claim to being independent? The whole point of self defense is to ensure your own safety as best as you can.

To those feminists, I would pose a question, and it goes like this :

If you were about to raped, and suddenly time froze, and your fairy godmother came along and offered to bestow upon you the ability to use self defense, would you take it, or would you allow the scenario to play out as it was going to play out?

Feminists try to make it an either/or issue, even though it's not. If you're about to get raped, do you want to be able to do something about or don't you? If rape is a bad thing, then you'd have to be crazy to just stand there and let it happen.

Not to mention that the implication that the proportion of men who are would-be rapists is high enough to justify teaching men not to rape is insulting.

The problem is that feminists are the most mysoginist people because they have no regard for women's safety, nor do they have any interest in empowering women to defend themselves. They're not interested in personal responsibility, just blaming everyone but themselves for being careless.
10-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Some men ... some women ... some feminists ...

Please don't generalise Kavos. You'll only have to backtrack later if you do.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
10-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Self defence is for everybody. Regardless of gender.

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post