Teach men not to rape!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
10-06-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Teach men not to rape!
(10-06-2014 08:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Some men ... some women ... some feminists ...

Please don't generalise Kavos. You'll only have to backtrack later if you do.

But wait. Hold on a minute. How did you know that I meant some feminists? You knew it instinctively. So if it's that obvious to you, there's no need for me to waste my time with disclaimers. That's not how normal people talk. You know what I meant.

Well actually, I meant most feminists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Kavos's post
10-06-2014, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 08:43 AM by Banjo.)
Circa 1977.

I was a lone boy working on a farm. While sleeping I was assaulted. Two men grabbed me and thrust their hands into my underpants. They then turned me over in order to anally rape me. They were drunk and I managed to kick myself free. I grabbed my little green bag in which held all my belongings, and ran. I ran from Bacchus Marsh to Melbourne. Took a bus to Brisbane. Then hitch hiked to Cape Tribulation and lived on a beach for four months.

I left when I became too freaked out by the crocodiles. They had their eyes on me!

I was born in 1964.

You do the maths!

Later I taught women how to defend themselves from rape. I did this for free.

I have seen life at it's lowest and I have marvelled at it's greatness. I have seen broken women become confident and strong.

And I reject anything or anyone who seeks to lay blame upon one gender over another. Oh did I forget to mention my mother tried to kill me and my dad raped my sisters???

Screw you OP. You are like any other racist.

Warning. The poster, Banjo, is currently on an experimental drug known to affect the human brain. Indeed Banjo went insane on this drug. Treat everything I say with a grain of salt. Especially if offended.
Banjo.

[Image: jg54l.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
10-06-2014, 08:46 AM
(10-06-2014 08:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Circa 1977.

I was a lone boy working on a fwrm. While sleeping I was assaulted. Two men grabbed me and thrust their hands into my underpants. They then turned me over in order to anally rwpe me. They were drunk and I managed to kick myself free. I grabbed my little green back, in whick held all my belongings, and ran. I ran from Bqcchus Marsh to Melbourne. Took a bus to Brisbane. Then hitch hiked to Cape Tribulation and lived on a beech for four months.

I left when I became too freaked out by the crocodiles. They had their eyes on me!

I was born in 1964.

You do the maths!

Later I taught women how to defend themselves from rape. I did this for free.

I have seen life at it's lowest and I have marvelled at it's greatness. I have seen broken women become confident and strong.

And I reject anything or anyone who seeks to lay blame upon one gender over another. Oh did I forget to mention my mother tried to kill me and my dad raped my sisters???

Screw you OP. You are like any other racist.

I agree with you. The blame doesn't lie with any gender as a whole. The blame lies with any individual who chooses to attack someone else.

But on a different topic, what I do believe in is self responsibility.

Rapists abuse their power of choice by using it to choose to rape.

Women who tell other women to do nothing to prevent getting raped also abuse their power of choice, by using the fact that the victim isn't at fault as an excuse to be stupid and careless on purpose. Women like that are responsible for rapes occurring because it takes 2 people for a rape to happen. One to do the raping, and another to be a helpless victim. Feminists create helpless victims by telling them that it's ok to be careless. Carelessness = higher chance of being a victim.

If every time I say "women should be careful" you hear "women are to blame if they get raped", then you're not off to a good start. The fact that you yourself have taught women to defend themselves tells me that you agree with me. And yet you seem pissed off with me at the same time. Sounds like you have a personality disorder. And what the fuck has racism got to do with anything? Are you sure you're responding to the right thread? Come on now.
[+] 1 user Likes Kavos's post
10-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Racist, fascist. It is all the same. You accuse me of a personality disorder.

Do you not realise how this exposes you?

You write a response that seems coherent. But then your emotions kick in and you attack!

Yeah I have issues. Everyone does. You included.

The main difderence as far as I can tell, are probably non existent. I simply choose not to blame others.

This entire thread is gender driven. You wrote the title. You want to hide from it? Too late. Everyone can read your bias.

Here is mine. Both male and female should be approached with a degree of caution. Each has members driven by agendas.

Beware.

Warning. The poster, Banjo, is currently on an experimental drug known to affect the human brain. Indeed Banjo went insane on this drug. Treat everything I say with a grain of salt. Especially if offended.
Banjo.

[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
To those in the know.

I am trying to focus. My mind is going. I am doing my best. Please forgive me if I am incoherent.

Banjo.

10-06-2014, 10:07 AM
I teach martial arts and self defence full time for a living. I have 20 plus years experience under Cass Magda, Dave Carnell and Mark Elliott in Jeet Kune Do, Kali, Silat and Muay Thai. In more recent years I am under Mark Elliott and Lucio Sergio dos Santos for my Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu. I drop all of the names because some of the martial arts people on here may get an idea of 1, How lucky I am with the people I train with and 2. Knowing I am an instructor under these people may go someway towards qualifying my view.

Self defence is for everyone unless the world instantly becomes a utopia.
Agreed. People shouldn't rape. But some do.
People shouldn't mug. But some do.
Demostic violence shouldn't happen, but it does.
People shouldn't be attacked over dress sense, skin colour, choice of foorball shirt etc: but they are.
People shouldn't resort to violence in emotionally charged situations, but they do.
People shouldn't be susceptible to mental illnesses that lead to violent behaviour, but they are.

This list can go on forever. It is by the radical femenists argument I would lose my business, as they simply claim that in an ideal world x shouldn't happen therefore I will not prepare for x.

These people should have a 20 minute chat with some of the students I have had over the last couple of decades. The ones who have been raped (not just girls by the way) and the ones who have been trained up and successfully protected themselves (not just from male assailants either) ... I honestly think it's time the feminazis grew up!

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
10-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Of course most of us have probably heard "So how's the whole 'teaching people not to murder' going?"

Teaching men not to rape? Let's play that then. If anyone thinks that that is actually a good idea, how sexist is that? We can't be bothered to learn what types of people might become rapists, let's just teach ALL men not to rape.

Jesus Christ, it reminds me of when I hear the whole "all guys are cheaters, it's just a matter of time." I fucking hate that shit. Generalizations like that are shitty to be on th receiving end of, especially when you already have low self esteem.

It's not blaming the victim, let's maybe look and see if we can find a better method of preventing rape than "teach men not to rape."

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Near's post
10-06-2014, 11:17 AM
How about teaching -everyone- that violence is not okay and try to support a culture that actually believes that.
[+] 7 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Re: RE: Teach men not to rape!
(10-06-2014 11:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  How about teaching -everyone- that violence is not okay and try to support a culture that actually believes that.

That's a good direction.

I think this falls under the category of teaching EVERYBODY effective relationship, communication, and sexual encounter awareness/skills.

The issues of what constitutes rape and improper aggressive behavior ought to be explained and discouraged throughly the same times sexual education needs to be detailed. The big issue us people finding these topics shameful to discuss because of twisted ancient values.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-06-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't know about any of the other men on here, but I don't think I need to be taught not to rape.

The people who make these claims are not interested in women's rights, gender equality or helping rape victims... They are sexists.

I don't care how loud you shout, you don't know my mind.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post