Teach men not to rape!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
11-06-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: Teach men not to rape!
(11-06-2014 04:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  While I agree in this society that people need to be careful. I do not agree that anyone ever "deserves it" or is "asking for it" careless or not.

[Image: still_not_asking_for_it.jpg?w=660]

The woman in that picture looks like crap. What the fuck do you think the phrase "asking for it" means? It refers to people who are careless. Maybe you think I mean that she is literally asking for it, as if she wants it. But what I mean is that if you're careless, youy're a fucking idiot, who is asking for trouble and tempting fate with your actions, or lack of them.

Do you think someone who leaves their front door open when they go out is wise, or a fucking idiot? The same applies here. It's same exact same principle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Dee Wrote:Michael_T, this is excellent information, and the stats are on target.

This is what I know of the women I am acquainted with:

I have three sisters; two have been raped--1 in the military.

1/3 of my current female friends have been raped.

Both my daughters have been raped.

Only one of these rapes was reported and went to trial: perp. was convicted of 6 counts aggravated sexual assault: received $5,000 fine and 10 years probation--tragic.

Have you even tried to read the statistics? They aren't clear at all, there's so much wrong with rape statistics they are laughable. I'm sorry about the women in your life who have been raped, it's horrible, but so are the statistics.

(10-06-2014 04:14 PM)Near Wrote:  Regarding the definition of rape, consider the following: "Inconsistent definitions of rape, different rates of reporting, recording, prosecution and conviction for rape create controversial statistical disparities, and lead to accusations that many rape statistics are unreliable or misleading. According to USA Today reporter Kevin Johnson "no other major category of crime – not murder, assault or robbery – has generated a more serious challenge of the credibility of national crime statistics" than rape." ["Rape statistics not crystal clear" by Kevin Johnson, USA Today, November 19, 1998]

Also, I'm not sure how 99% of rapists can be men when: "According to the National Crime Victimization Survey by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 39,590 men and 164,240 women were victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault in 2008. Of those committed by a single offender, 78.1% were committed by men and 18.5% were committed by women. Of those committed by multiple offenders, 75.7% were committed by only men and 24.3% were committed by both men and women."
[ "Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2008 Statistical Tables: Demography of victims". Bureau of Justice Statistics. May 2011.
"Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2008 Statistical Tables: Victims and offenders". Bureau of Justice Statistics. May 2011.]

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
11-06-2014, 04:17 PM
(11-06-2014 04:13 PM)Kavos Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 04:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  While I agree in this society that people need to be careful. I do not agree that anyone ever "deserves it" or is "asking for it" careless or not.

The woman in that picture looks like crap. What the fuck do you think the phrase "asking for it" means? It refers to people who are careless. Maybe you think I mean that she is literally asking for it, as if she wants it. But what I mean is that if you're careless, youy're a fucking idiot, who is asking for trouble and tempting fate with your actions, or lack of them.

Do you think someone who leaves their front door open when they go out is wise, or a fucking idiot? The same applies here. It's same exact same principle.

Do I think its the best decision? No. Do I think they deserved being robbed? No. An open door is not an invitation that says "Yes please, take my stuff."

I realise in society you have to deal with people who are terrible, and violent and disruptive. But that doesn't mean it should be that way.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Regarding the OP, I think that Miss Nevada or whoever the world is getting mad at is being treated a bit unfairly.

Yes, the problem of rape is in no way the victim's fault, it is the fault of the rapist. Yes, in a perfect world there would be no attempted rapes.

Bottom line is though that women do get attacked. The best thing a woman can do to prevent this is probably to avoid certain situations (dark alleys at night in bad areas) and be able to defend themselves as well as possible. Telling women not to protect themselves because they shouldn't have to does precisely nothing to make them safer.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
11-06-2014, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 06:42 PM by Luminon.)
It makes no evolutionary sense for men to attack women. Even culturally, all male culture is man on man violence and competition to win woman's favor. Men are willing to risk their lives protecting women. So it's likely neither biology, nor culture.
These rapists had to be raised by somebody.

Of course there is no way to get even. This shit gets carried down by generations and virtually nobody is asking who had a primary influence on all these rapists, who raised them. I couldn't care less if the rapists in India get strung up on a tree, but that is just an end product. I want to see the families (or what's left of them) that produced these rapists.

Men will stop raping when women will stop attacking them as children. And when women will only have children with decent, reliable men who will stay around and not leave them pregnant on welfare or working. It's women who make the choice. Women decide who to bang and how to handle "discipline" of children. And it's fathers who teach sons to respect their mothers and other women. Women literally decide the quality of mankind by the kind of men they choose to have sex with. If they choose dumb, beefy sociopaths with tattoos who won't stay around if they're lucky, the welfare state in many countries will step in and breed the single mothers for their votes and will get the taxes for welfare out of the rest of us. We are government-bred vote and tax cattle.

Most men were beaten up by a woman many times, I wonder why they want to get even so much.
http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/28/wo...your-kids/
11-06-2014, 06:41 PM
(11-06-2014 06:38 PM)Luminon Wrote:  It makes no evolutionary sense for men to attack women. Even culturally, all male culture is man on man violence and competition to win woman's favor. Men are willing to risk their lives protecting women. So it's likely neither biology, nor culture.
These rapists had to be raised by somebody.

Of course there is no way to get even. This shit gets carried down by generations and virtually nobody is asking who had a primary influence on all these rapists, who raised them. I couldn't care less if the rapists in India get strung up on a tree, but that is just an end product. I want to see the families (or what's left of them) that produced these rapists.

Men will stop raping when women will stop attacking them as children and will only have children with decent, reliable men who will stay around and not leave them pregnant on welfare or working. It's women who make the choice. Women decide who to bang and how to handle "discipline" of children. And it's fathers who teach sons to respect their mothers and other women. Walking around single mom neighbourhoods at night is not a good idea.

Most men were beaten up by a woman many times, I wonder why they want to get even so much.
http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/28/wo...your-kids/

You are reaching scary levels of delusion. You need to step back from your manifesto and reexamine your thought processes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-06-2014, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 07:17 PM by Luminon.)
(11-06-2014 06:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You are reaching scary levels of delusion. You need to step back from your manifesto and reexamine your thought processes.
I haven't said anything controversial, it's all developmental psychology 101, economy 101, politics 101... Science looks for real causes. Cultural movements don't.
Just try to wrap your head around that and you might come to accept where some of this violence might be coming from. There seems to be a kind of physics to human society, some might call it the law of preservation and perpetuation of violence.

11-06-2014, 07:38 PM
(11-06-2014 07:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 06:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You are reaching scary levels of delusion. You need to step back from your manifesto and reexamine your thought processes.
I haven't said anything controversial, it's all developmental psychology 101, economy 101, politics 101... Science looks for real causes. Cultural movements don't.
Just try to wrap your head around that and you might come to accept where some of this violence might be coming from. There seems to be a kind of physics to human society, some might call it the law of preservation and perpetuation of violence.

There were all kinds of value judgements in your first post. Ironic because you say it isn't culture, but your entire viewpoint on the issue is framed in your cultural bias.

Culture is a real thing. Cultural attitudes shape gender roles.
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
11-06-2014, 08:05 PM
(11-06-2014 04:13 PM)Kavos Wrote:  

Wow! This picture begs the question: why is it okay for men to walk around shirtless and not women?
11-06-2014, 08:36 PM
(11-06-2014 07:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  

Which just continues to show how very very little you know about politics 101, economics 101 and psychology 101.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post