Teacher accuses school firing for being atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Teacher accuses school firing for being atheist.
Story from Pathos.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...s-lawsuit/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
27-01-2015, 06:09 PM
RE: Teacher accuses school firing for being atheist.
In a public school.....

Lawyers are falling all over themselves to take this case, I'm betting.

Good... Sue the pricks into the poor house...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-01-2015, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2015 06:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
In the school district's fact finding document regarding Pack's termination, it lists several reasons for termination including insubordination, not speaking enough German in class, showing an R rated movie to underclassmen and negative evaluations from students.

Idiots should've left out the insubordination as cause given that it was insubordination for defying the legally untenable direct order of "Goddam it, for fuck's sake if you can't pray then at least pretend to." Indiana taxpayers gonna end up paying for an out of court settlement.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Without more information, impossible to determine the appropriate course of action.
Fired for being an atheist or an bad atheist teacher hiding behind the FA?

That is the question!
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
27-01-2015, 06:36 PM
(27-01-2015 06:28 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Without more information, impossible to determine the appropriate course of action.

That is the question!

There are two entirely separate issues, actually.
The Principal acted illegally, no matter if the teacher was a good one or not. He may have deserved to be fired, but that doesn't give a public official the right to do anything illegal on his own. The Principal needs to be sanctioned, and the teacher did suffer as the result of the Principal's behavior, whether or not he was a good or bad teacher. The school district is liable for the Principal's behavior as clearly their policies were either not in place, or understood.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-01-2015, 06:47 PM
(27-01-2015 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 06:28 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Without more information, impossible to determine the appropriate course of action.

That is the question!

There are two entirely separate issues, actually.

Bucky's right. Even if dude's motive was just scamming and trolling the school, they took the bait. I'd need to ask BnW, but I think I could argue my motives are not on trial here, the school district's are.

#sigh
27-01-2015, 06:51 PM

That is the question!

I can tell you personally discrimination happens and I don't mean just about one label.

I was shouted down in public by a black guy in front of a laundromat who saw my atheist bumper sticker. I also had another guy call my pizza delivery job, same vehicle. Called to have me fired because his kid saw it on my vehicle. Lucky for me the store manager told him as long as any driver's displays are not graphic they cant tell them to take it off.

My take on this article is that the teacher tried to avoid the subject when first hired, they took notice that he wasn't participating.

Now as far as the kids, if they find out and their parents have been pumping them with the same crap as the staff, why should it surprise anyone he would get bad reviews.

My younger sister got treated like shit by our biological family when she came out as an adult. To say he is trying to cover bad work, says to me some here live in a much different area.

It is also much harder today with right to work states and less unionized work to fire you over anything and if all you have is "he said she said" it can be hard to prove even if you are telling the truth.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2015, 02:01 PM
(27-01-2015 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are two entirely separate issues, actually.
The Principal acted illegally, no matter if the teacher was a good one or not. He may have deserved to be fired, but that doesn't give a public official the right to do anything illegal on his own. The Principal needs to be sanctioned, and the teacher did suffer as the result of the Principal's behavior, whether or not he was a good or bad teacher. The school district is liable for the Principal's behavior as clearly their policies were either not in place, or understood.

What you said is true, but the problem is he isn't suing the school for trying to make him engage in prayer. He is suing for being fired for being an atheist and that will be difficult to prove. The school may get off without consequences unless someone sues specifically for the violation of his Constitutional rights.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
28-01-2015, 02:17 PM
(28-01-2015 02:01 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are two entirely separate issues, actually.

What you said is true, but the problem is he isn't suing the school for trying to make him engage in prayer. He is suing for being fired for being an atheist and that will be difficult to prove. The school may get off without consequences unless someone sues specifically for the violation of his Constitutional rights.

He may not win his case for some of the details of his teaching record or his uses of saying terms like magical sky daddy wouldn't help.

If he wins or not, it still brings light to the public about the misguided actions of the principal that can't be overlooked for too long.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Quote:I was shouted down in public by a black guy in front of a laundromat who saw my atheist bumper sticker.

Man you are so lucky.
Nobody cares about religion here so I never get into heated shouted matched across car parks. Sad