Technical question about the forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: Technical question about the forums
Sagar.
Speak like Sager(g from great)
wow,a staggering 6 hours online on your first day!

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 06:14 PM
(06-07-2013 06:12 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Sagar.
Speak like Sager(g from great)
wow,a staggering 6 hours online on your first day!

Yeah, well, I just left it open all day. While watching a movie, a comedy show, a bunch of videos and even during dinner.

Haven't heard of that name before, always fun to know.

[Image: godtroll.php]
06-07-2013, 06:18 PM
My name originates from india.
Sooo,what religion did you follow?
And are you out of the closet?

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
06-07-2013, 06:24 PM
(06-07-2013 06:18 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  My name originates from india.
Sooo,what religion did you follow?
And are you out of the closet?

Well, I was never raised in a religion. My parents and my brother are all freethinkers, although my dad isn't much of an intellectual. My parents sent me to religion class in elementary school. We didn't get indoctrinated there, though, and my parents put everything into context.

That all gave me a reasonable understanding of religion. Then I went to high school. I could pick which one I wanted to go to myself, and i picked a catholic school. Not at all because of the religious aspect, I wasn't interested in religion in the slightest. My brother went to that school, and it seemed pretty cool. To this day I have weekly religion classes where I cringe at nuanced scientific inaccuracy and unproven claims. Luckily, most people in my class recognise this.

I guess I started becoming an atheist after seeing a debate between Hitchens and William Lane Craig. Pretty much during that video I decided I was an atheist, but I still went out and looked for more content. I found The Amazing Atheist, The Atheist Experience and later on TTA.

I guess that was around 1.5 years ago. I have discussions with my parents about religion, and it's all good here.

Well, that's my story. And I think I should go to bed now, so I will be back somewhere tomorrow.

06-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Lol,you picked a catholic school. Is it as cool as it sounded?
I was a hindu,but i became an atheist a few years ago. I came out recently.
I found a podcast called unbelievable by premier radio(hosted by freethinking cristians)
but i do not listen to it anymore.
Every episode is like a debate.
A theist and atheist are guest,and they debate.
But the files are not compressed,and i think 50+mb for 1.30 hours is waste of space.
Another good podcast is facts before faith.
It is a fun podcast,but lots of cursing,and it is sad they quit after 14 episodes....
But in my opinion,no podcast is greater than TTA.
Seth just has this charisma and this way to talk about debates...
Good night...
I forgot the 5 hour difference in the timeline.
Around 2.30AM there?

07-07-2013, 02:59 AM
Yes it was around 2:30. Late night.
Catholic school isn't exactly cool, but it's not as bad as you would think. There are a few gay and atheist teachers and even though there are mandatory meetings a few times a year strongly related to religion, we've decided to make them optional.
I don't listen to a lot of other podcasts, they take too long in my opinion. I prefer short videos "Amazing Atheist-style". But Seth is just too good not to listen to.

07-07-2013, 06:34 AM
That they let atheists and gays teach, That is kinda cool.
For me,i dont really care about the length.
I just care if they are funny enough.
And one thing we agree on,is that seth is too great not to listen to his podcast.
You should watch AronRa on youtube.
Good speaker,and the ability to shoot "truthbombs".
He can give a shitload of info in a few minutes in debates.

07-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Yeah, well, I don't like a lot of the atheists on youtube, they seem to be making points that have been made numerous times before 9/10 times. Not that I don't think they're very intelligent people, they just bore me is all. That's why I like The Amazing Atheist and his 2nd channel. You never know what he's gonna do next.

07-07-2013, 07:08 AM
I'll look at the amazing atheist chanel.
But if you do not like it that they adress points that are already made,you dont like debates?
I have a funny video for you
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nfv-Qn1M58I

07-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Oh I'm aware of the banana man haha.
I'm not a huge fan of debates, because it's mostly one guy who is right debating another guy who makes moronic arguments that I can't do anything else but cringe at.