Technical question about the forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Technical question about the forums
Basically,cookies are small amounts of data that the site sends to your browser and when you visit the site,the browser sends it back so the site knows your previous actions(like items in shoppincart,pasword remembering,ect)

when you delete the cookies,you need to login again

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 04:00 AM
I don't know if I've missed something important about this forums issues, but what the heck is this?
[Image: 579a9900e24587644ba5fcf515674c51.png]
Why doesn't my post show up, even after I copy-pasted it off draft where the problem first showed up when viewing the preview, and I posted the comment in the quick-reply section? Is this a browser problem or something universal for all users on this forum?

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
(03-09-2013 06:54 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Basically,cookies are small amounts of data that the site sends to your browser and when you visit the site,the browser sends it back so the site knows your previous actions(like items in shoppincart,pasword remembering,ect)

when you delete the cookies,you need to login again

Thank you, Vader! I periodically erase my search history, which erases the last page I was on (before I hit 'new reply' button). That was it!

20-09-2013, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2013 01:26 PM by TheGulegon.)
Go to the thread with post you want to copy and click reply
Edit, to taste. Add seasoning.
Copy the whole thing
Leave that thread
Go back to this thread
Paste in Quick Reply box (or as a New Reply)

Thumbsup Thanks DLJ
20-09-2013, 08:15 PM
(04-09-2013 04:00 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I don't know if I've missed something important about this forums issues, but what the heck is this?
[Image: 579a9900e24587644ba5fcf515674c51.png]
Why doesn't my post show up, even after I copy-pasted it off draft where the problem first showed up when viewing the preview, and I posted the comment in the quick-reply section? Is this a browser problem or something universal for all users on this forum?

Check how many quotes are in the post. You can edit it, and it will show up in the edit section, and from there you can clean up whatever messed it up. Most of the time.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
26-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Is "Ads by BetterSurf" something that aids the forum/website? If so, I'll stop trying to get it to go away!
This is like the 3rd time adblock+ has began allowing shit to pop up all over the forum!
For example, in a post, someone will type "you kick ass, dude". 'Kick Ass' will show up in green, as if it's a link to something. It's annoying!

28-11-2013, 12:05 AM
I went to what I thought was the TTA Store here:

https://garmentdeli.com/thethinkingatheist/

I thought at one time there were items other than garments available for purchase, such as coffee mugs. Are these gone now?

I hate buying TShirts online, they're always too small for me. Much rather have something that will last longer anyway. Any more durable goods? Seth bobble head maybe? Big Grin

Also, if the OP is still viewing this, there is another way to view new posts to threads you've participated in: Tapatalk does this perfectly. Alas, it's currently disabled, but not for long if DeepThought is able to switch it back on.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
28-11-2013, 04:26 AM
(28-11-2013 12:05 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I went to what I thought was the TTA Store here:

https://garmentdeli.com/thethinkingatheist/

I thought at one time there were items other than garments available for purchase, such as coffee mugs. Are these gone now?

I hate buying TShirts online, they're always too small for me. Much rather have something that will last longer anyway. Any more durable goods? Seth bobble head maybe? Big Grin

Also, if the OP is still viewing this, there is another way to view new posts to threads you've participated in: Tapatalk does this perfectly. Alas, it's currently disabled, but not for long if DeepThought is able to switch it back on.

Yes, there used to be additional items, but they are no longer sold. Like you, I wouldn't want a shirt either. If you just want to the red name or extra PM space, you can always donate to the forum. Keep in mind your status does not change automatically. You must contact supermod or admin.