Techniques for shutting down Trumpanzees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Techniques for shutting down Trumpanzees
We need to experiment with ways of shutting down their idiocy. I've come up with at least two, based on my encounters at various alt-right forums.

1. When a Trumpanzee claims that the Russia interference thing is nonsense, I first enlighten him to the fact that Russian interference in the 2016 election is the US government's official stance:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/join...r-national

At this revelation, the Trumpanzee will often claim that the press release is "dated" and therefore lacks relevancy. Of course, by taking this route the Trumpanzee has implicity admitted that, at the time of the press release, this was the government's official position. The Trumpanzee is now tasked with proving that the government stopped holding this position between now and the time of the press release.

2. Whenever a Trumpanzee claims that Trump is succeeding in advancing his agenda, an effective technique is to sneer while replying, "If this is your idea of 'success,' then I wish him continued success."

No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like neurotibotical's post
27-05-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Techniques for shutting down Trumpanzees
(27-05-2017 10:50 AM)neurotibotical Wrote:  We need to experiment with ways of shutting down their idiocy. I've come up with at least two, based on my encounters at various alt-right forums.

1. When a Trumpanzee claims that the Russia interference thing is nonsense, I first enlighten him to the fact that Russian interference in the 2016 election is the US government's official stance:

At this revelation, the Trumpanzee will often claim that the press release is "dated" and therefore lacks relevancy. Of course, by taking this route the Trumpanzee has implicity admitted that, at the time of the press release, this was the government's official position. The Trumpanzee is now tasked with proving that the government stopped holding this position between now and the time of the press release.

2. Whenever a Trumpanzee claims that Trump is succeeding in advancing his agenda, an effective technique is to sneer while replying, "If this is your idea of 'success,' then I wish him continued success."

Forget America for a second, there is no escaping the fact in all of human history you have moments where the idiot narcissist bully makes it to the top of the chain.

Unfortunately for America we are at that point right now.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
27-05-2017, 10:59 AM
(27-05-2017 10:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 10:50 AM)neurotibotical Wrote:  We need to experiment with ways of shutting down their idiocy. I've come up with at least two, based on my encounters at various alt-right forums.

Forget America for a second, there is no escaping the fact in all of human history you have moments where the idiot narcissist bully makes it to the top of the chain.

Maybe, but it's frightening to know that Trump can theoretically initiate a nuclear war in under five minutes if he wants to. If he ever gave the order, would anyone in the chain of command between him and the officer tasked with physically launching the weapon refuse the order? Would anyone have the testicular fortitude to say no?

No
27-05-2017, 11:03 AM
(27-05-2017 10:50 AM)neurotibotical Wrote:  We need to experiment with ways of shutting down their idiocy.

Personally, I haven't found any way to effectively argue with people who haven't done their homework and who will therefore lie to win.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
27-05-2017, 11:33 AM
So far, I just haven't felt much need to engage a lot with the supporters I personally know in my community; honestly, I think most of them aren't for Trump so much as against anyone who is against Trump. Somehow it seems about on the intellectual level as a sports fanatic regarding his favorite team, and not much you can say makes a dent.
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
27-05-2017, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 05:49 AM by DLJ.)
Quote:Forget America for a second, there is no escaping the fact in all of human history you have moments where the idiot narcissist bully makes it to the top of the chain.

It is better than when an Ivy-League educated idiot, with nothing but classroom experience, narcissistic sissy makes it there and nearly ruins a nation and sets the world aflame.

When you guys insult and bully and laugh your brains out over those who supported Trump and support the Presidency, you are demeaning your fellow citizens and at least half or more of the country.

It gets old after a time, but you all never get tired of the chuckles.

I have written before that Free Thinkers should want more voices and more opinions, not fewer. You don't have to respond to those whom you would demean if you think they are trolls; just don't feed them.

But...in serious discussion offer your opinions without bullying and nastiness; offer your statistics, your facts, your viewpoints. Especially if these discussions are with fellow atheists, whom you allow to have the reason to be able to remove themselves from Christianity and other superstitious nonsense.

Suddenly they are ignorant boobs because they disagree with you on a couple of political issues? Seems a tad intolerant...or don't you "believe" they deserve the toleration that you would demand from them?

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
27-05-2017, 12:21 PM
(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  When you guys insult and bully and laugh your brains out over those who supported Trump and support the Presidency, you are demeaning your fellow citizens and at least half or more of the country.

As an American, some of my fellow citizens deserve to be demeaned.

Trump has advocated racism, political violence, misogyny, sexual assault, and more violations of the constitution than I can count.

He has mocked the disabled, the poor and the family of a soldier who died for this country.

He invited a foreign power to hack the election, praised dictators and climbed into bed with Russia, both figuratively and literally.

He has removed protections against corporate abuse and opened the gates for both financial and environmental catastrophe.

He is demonstrably an arrogant, socially ignorant buffoon that is actively contributing to the decline of the United States.

Trump bragged about committing sexual assault.
How would you feel if some guy walked up to you and grabbed your crotch?
Would it be okay? Would you be offended?

What about if this person who grabbed you said "It's okay, I'm rich/famous/influential/powerful I can get away with it."

How would you feel about that?

How can you support a man who treats women like that?

How can you support a political party that treats women like second class citizens?

(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  You don't have to respond to those whom you would demean if you think they are trolls; just don't feed them.

And lies and misinformation fester if not debunked.

Even worse, people will criticize those who remained silent.

How often do people criticize Germans for not raising voices of protest during the Nazi era?

(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Suddenly they are ignorant boobs because they disagree with you on a couple of political issues?

A person can be proven to be ignorant, for example, when they express opinions that show a complete lack of understanding of a situation.

People that express such opinions publicly should be corrected. If they wish to express those opinions rudely and profanely, they should expect the same in return.

(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Seems a tad intolerant...or don't you "believe" they deserve the toleration that you would demand from them?

If a person expresses an opinion publicly, they should expect to hear opinions opposing them. Expressing an opposing opinion is not showing intolerance. Saying that one should not express an opposing opinion is intolerant.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 14 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-05-2017, 12:43 PM
(27-05-2017 12:21 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  When you guys insult and bully and laugh your brains out over those who supported Trump and support the Presidency, you are demeaning your fellow citizens and at least half or more of the country.

As an American, some of my fellow citizens deserve to be demeaned.

Trump has advocated racism, political violence, misogyny, sexual assault, and more violations of the constitution than I can count.

He has mocked the disabled, the poor and the family of a soldier who died for this country.

He invited a foreign power to hack the election, praised dictators and climbed into bed with Russia, both figuratively and literally.

He has removed protections against corporate abuse and opened the gates for both financial and environmental catastrophe.

He is demonstrably an arrogant, socially ignorant buffoon that is actively contributing to the decline of the United States.

Trump bragged about committing sexual assault.
How would you feel if some guy walked up to you and grabbed your crotch?
Would it be okay? Would you be offended?

What about if this person who grabbed you said "It's okay, I'm rich/famous/influential/powerful I can get away with it."

How would you feel about that?

How can you support a man who treats women like that?

How can you support a political party that treats women like second class citizens?

(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  You don't have to respond to those whom you would demean if you think they are trolls; just don't feed them.

And lies and misinformation fester if not debunked.

Even worse, people will criticize those who remained silent.

How often do people criticize Germans for not raising voices of protest during the Nazi era?

(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Suddenly they are ignorant boobs because they disagree with you on a couple of political issues?

A person can be proven to be ignorant, for example, when they express opinions that show a complete lack of understanding of a situation.

People that express such opinions publicly should be corrected. If they wish to express those opinions rudely and profanely, they should expect the same in return.

(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Seems a tad intolerant...or don't you "believe" they deserve the toleration that you would demand from them?

If a person expresses an opinion publicly, they should expect to hear opinions opposing them. Expressing an opposing opinion is not showing intolerance. Saying that one should not express an opposing opinion is intolerant.

I couldnt have said it better and therefore wont even try. You, sir, are awesome. Bowing Bowing Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
27-05-2017, 12:59 PM
(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  It gets old after a time, but you all never get tired of the chuckles.

-Jeanne

You don't get it, do you? We are scared shitless of what is to come. Humor helps endure.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
27-05-2017, 01:04 PM
(27-05-2017 12:43 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I couldnt have said it better and therefore wont even try. You, sir, are awesome. Bowing Bowing Bowing

I m honored. Smile

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky