Techniques for shutting down Trumpanzees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 01:48 PM
RE: Techniques for shutting down Trumpanzees
(27-05-2017 11:03 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 10:50 AM)neurotibotical Wrote:  We need to experiment with ways of shutting down their idiocy.

Personally, I haven't found any way to effectively argue with people who haven't done their homework and who will therefore lie to win.

Especially so, if you can't even agree on a shared set of facts.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
27-05-2017, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 06:05 AM by DLJ.)
(27-05-2017 11:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 10:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Forget America for a second, there is no escaping the fact in all of human history you have moments where the idiot narcissist bully makes it to the top of the chain.

Unfortunately for America we are at that point right now.

It is better than when an Ivy-League educated idiot, with nothing but classroom experience, narcissistic sissy makes it there and nearly ruins a nation and sets the world aflame.

When you guys insult and bully and laugh your brains out over those who supported Trump and support the Presidency, you are demeaning your fellow citizens and at least half or more of the country.

It gets old after a time, but you all never get tired of the chuckles.

I have written before that Free Thinkers should want more voices and more opinions, not fewer. You don't have to respond to those whom you would demean if you think they are trolls; just don't feed them.

But...in serious discussion offer your opinions without bullying and nastiness; offer your statistics, your facts, your viewpoints. Especially if these discussions are with fellow atheists, whom you allow to have the reason to be able to remove themselves from Christianity and other superstitious nonsense.

Suddenly they are ignorant boobs because they disagree with you on a couple of political issues? Seems a tad intolerant...or don't you "believe" they deserve the toleration that you would demand from them?

-Jeanne

Your finger-wagging, name-calling, and fact-twisting don't make me want to have a serious discussion with you, either.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
27-05-2017, 02:37 PM
@Jeanne

Calling someone foolish or rather stating that choice made by person x is bad isn't intolerance, it's just speaking one mind. I care not about Trump as I'm not from USA but you could easily substitute Kaczyński for Trump and then I see no reason for being silent when seeing what I deem idiocy. Nor I see need to be pleasant when candidate chosen by x I see as authoritarian clown blinded by nationalist stupidity.

Also what free thinkers should want is not up to you to decide.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
27-05-2017, 02:53 PM
They're like cockroaches. They creep out of cracks in the walls and floors. Maybe a bottle of RAID?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-05-2017, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 06:07 AM by DLJ.)
(27-05-2017 01:51 PM)julep Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 10:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Forget America for a second, there is no escaping the fact in all of human history you have moments where the idiot narcissist bully makes it to the top of the chain.

It is better than when an Ivy-League educated idiot, with nothing but classroom experience, narcissistic sissy makes it there and nearly ruins a nation and sets the world aflame.

When you guys insult and bully and laugh your brains out over those who supported Trump and support the Presidency, you are demeaning your fellow citizens and at least half or more of the country.

I have written before that Free Thinkers should want more voices and more opinions, not fewer. You don't have to respond to those whom you would demean if you think they are trolls; just don't feed them.

But...in serious discussion offer your opinions without bullying and nastiness; offer your statistics, your facts, your viewpoints. Especially if these discussions are with fellow atheists, whom you allow to have the reason to be able to remove themselves from Christianity and other superstitious nonsense.

Suddenly they are ignorant boobs because they disagree with you on a couple of political issues? Seems a tad intolerant...or don't you "believe" they deserve the toleration that you would demand from them?

-Jeanne

Your finger-wagging, name-calling, and fact-twisting don't make me want to have a serious discussion with you, either.

That is a shitty defense.

Trump is the worst of it, but he didn't build it the GOP did. If you think Bush's crash was bad, if Trump and the GOP get 8 years Trump will make the Great Depression look like an economic boom.

I could give one shit less if some here don't like me, Trump is beyond party, Trump is a danger to global and national security. Outside that we will be lucky if a leash can be put on him and the damage minimized.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2017, 04:18 PM
I think the man's conduct speaks for itself. Probably the funniest is still that he's so focused on how big the crowd size at his inauguration was and the fact that he lost the popular vote. It's a one man dick measuring contest and he's still losing Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
27-05-2017, 04:26 PM
(27-05-2017 04:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think the man's conduct speaks for itself. Probably the funniest is still that he's so focused on how big the crowd size at his inauguration was and the fact that he lost the popular vote. It's a one man dick measuring contest and he's still losing Big Grin

^^^^^^ So much this.......

It is one thing for a private celebrity to bitch about media, but Trump not only lied about his inauguration but scapegoated the entire year to his win, and not just one group, but multiple.

When your campaign involves not only attacking your rival, but also JUDGES, MEDIA, RACE AND RELIGIONS AND INTEL to the tune of 17 law agencies, you are beyond politics, you are simply bat shit insane.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
27-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Trump always claims he was against the war in Iraq, but he said that
Quote:“I always heard that when we went into Iraq, we went in for the oil. I said, eh, that sounds smart,” he said. “But we never did.”
And then he says we should take the oil from Iraq. To me this quote pretty much demonstrates how much of a liar he is, and how much he only cares about money. Why the fuck would you keep saying you're against the war in Iraq, but then say the reason we went in (oil/money) was smart?

27-05-2017, 09:07 PM
neurotibotical Wrote:1. When a Trumpanzee claims that the Russia interference thing is nonsense,
No, we don't claim this. We know that Russians do this all the time. Romney warned Obama but Obama gave Putin FLEXIBILITY. Thanks, Obama.
Obama interfered in Israel elections. This is what they do ALL THE TIME.

Trump won because Hillary is crooked loser and not because of Russians.
Oh, Obama spied on Americans. He abused his power. He did it illegally. This is unacceptable.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-05-2017, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 06:09 AM by DLJ.)

-Jeanne

Trump supporters demean the entire country and disrespect the office of the presidency by their very existence.

So, education is for sissies and Trump is a real tough guy, eh? Tell you what, grant me immunity and put me in the same room as the man. I wouldn't lay a finger on him, but I guarantee I could prove to you what a coward he actually is in a matter of seconds. I'm not even that imposing of a figure. That might be a most effective demonstration to Trump supporters, since they're so interested in a dominant male monkey show.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post