Techniques for shutting down Trumpanzees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2017, 04:09 AM
RE: Techniques for shutting down Trumpanzees
I don't think repeatedly insulting Trump supporters will help them much at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2017, 05:32 AM
(28-05-2017 04:09 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I don't think repeatedly insulting Trump supporters will help them much at all.

Nobody put a gun to Trump's head to force him to run. Nope sorry, that man is not someone you stay silent about.

5 years of perpetuating birther bullshit.
Not only attacked Hillary, but burned his way through his own GOP field.
Attacked the service of John McCain
Attacked sitting judges
Scapegoated media
Scapegoated entire races and an entire religion
IGNORED 17 agencies and attacked the intel community.

Political demagoguery is DANGEROUS, and no, I will NOT be polite to that or anyone who thinks Trump's toxic rhetoric is acceptable.

That asshole might be fine running a Jerry Springer show but his schoolyard selfish narcissistic bully bullshit has no place in public office. Trump is unfit, unstable and dangerous.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
28-05-2017, 06:10 AM
(27-05-2017 09:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
neurotibotical Wrote:1. When a Trumpanzee claims that the Russia interference thing is nonsense,
No, we don't claim this. We know that Russians do this all the time. Romney warned Obama but Obama gave Putin FLEXIBILITY. Thanks, Obama.
Obama interfered in Israel elections. This is what they do ALL THE TIME.

Trump won because Hillary is crooked loser and not because of Russians.
Oh, Obama spied on Americans. He abused his power. He did it illegally. This is unacceptable.

Wow, you are really Exhibit A. Case closed, Trump supporters are fact deprived imbeciles with poor pro-social skills. Most often they wouldn't recognize their own self interest if they tripped on it.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
28-05-2017, 08:52 AM
neurotibotical Wrote:1. When a Trumpanzee claims that the Russia interference thing is nonsense,
No, we don't claim this. We know that Russians do this all the time. Romney warned Obama but Obama gave Putin FLEXIBILITY. Thanks, Obama.

Oh, Obama spied on Americans. He abused his power. He did it illegally. This is unacceptable.

Trump supporters do claim this, many Trump supporters see the links between Trump and Russia as "unverified" and as part of a larger "fake news" issue source : Trump Supporters Explain Why the Russia Issue doesn't bother them Published Mar 10 2017

In the same article as linked above, Spencer Raitt-Forest, a New York-based Trump supporter says "If you've ever visited grassroots America you'd know he'd never need to cheat,"

In an more recent article by the Daily Dot, Trump supporters on Reddit slam reports that Trump shared classified info to Russians as an "hit job" source : Daily Dot Article published May 16 2017

Another Reddit user commented : “The burden of proof is on the Washing Post [sic] to show that their source is legitimate and the claim is real,” another said. “They have not done either. Until they do, this should be treated as Fake News and if they NEVER do, then the Washington Post should face legal consequences.”

Even after other news outlets e.g. CNN, Reuters etc. published that their own sources had verified the Washington Post's claims

I'll let you make of this what you will, Alla

Oh no. He's here - God
28-05-2017, 09:33 PM

I hate to say this, but Alla is right, here. We can't exactly complain if another country interferes in our elections (so long as they don't hack vote counts, which nobody claims is the case), since we have a loooong history of interfering in other nations' political processes, down to using violence and intimidation via CIA and SpecOps goons to achieve our ends. It's not just Obama who did this, of course. It goes back decades. The disappointing part is that he did not fight against it.

I agree that Trump won because Hillary Clinton was anathema to too many Americans, who either saw her as corrupt, or part of the Establishment That Needs To Go™, or both.

I agree that Obama abused his power and spied on Americans in a way that utterly defies everything I believe about the US Constitution, and that his foreign policy decisions were largely a disaster (except for the part about trying to open dialogue and negotiations), and that it was unacceptable.

None of that makes what President Trump is doing okay, even a little bit.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
29-05-2017, 08:08 PM
I'd hate to advocate chemical warfare, but...

...have you tried giving them ecstasy?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
30-05-2017, 05:39 AM
(29-05-2017 08:08 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I'd hate to advocate chemical warfare, but...

...have you tried giving them ecstasy?

They would only take it if you dissolved the MDMA in liberal tears. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-05-2017, 06:30 AM
(27-05-2017 10:50 AM)neurotibotical Wrote:  We need to experiment with ways of shutting down their idiocy. I've come up with at least two, based on my encounters at various alt-right forums.

1. When a Trumpanzee claims that the Russia interference thing is nonsense, I first enlighten him to the fact that Russian interference in the 2016 election is the US government's official stance:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/join...r-national

At this revelation, the Trumpanzee will often claim that the press release is "dated" and therefore lacks relevancy. Of course, by taking this route the Trumpanzee has implicity admitted that, at the time of the press release, this was the government's official position. The Trumpanzee is now tasked with proving that the government stopped holding this position between now and the time of the press release.

The problem there is that Trump supporters have good grounds for rebutting that position.

It was the US government's official stance... pre-election.

As I pointed out at the time, the "interference" referred to in that joint statement was political deflection by the Dems and the 17 Agencies thing was a sham (I'd rather not go back to find the post where I pointed out the flawed reasoning to all this but I will if pressed).

The dude that stated that...
Quote:The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts.
... has since retracted that claim.

(27-05-2017 09:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...

Nope. Trump won because enough people believed that "Hillary is [a] crooked loser" to ensure that the Republicans effective tactics of voter suppression and their ability to gerrymander more effectively than their opponents would make the popular vote irrelevant.

(28-05-2017 09:33 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 09:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, we don't claim this. We know that Russians do this all the time. Romney warned Obama but Obama gave Putin FLEXIBILITY. Thanks, Obama.

I hate to say this, but Alla is right, here. We can't exactly complain if another country interferes in our elections (so long as they don't hack vote counts, which nobody claims is the case), since we have a loooong history of interfering in other nations' political processes, down to using violence and intimidation via CIA and SpecOps goons to achieve our ends. It's not just Obama who did this, of course. It goes back decades. The disappointing part is that he did not fight against it.

I agree that Trump won because Hillary Clinton was anathema to too many Americans, who either saw her as corrupt, or part of the Establishment That Needs To Go™, or both.

I agree that Obama abused his power and spied on Americans in a way that utterly defies everything I believe about the US Constitution, and that his foreign policy decisions were largely a disaster (except for the part about trying to open dialogue and negotiations), and that it was unacceptable.

None of that makes what President Trump is doing okay, even a little bit.

No arguments from me. Good points, well made.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post