Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
30-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Technology by Filox
OK, I see a lot of you opening new threads for no reason whatsoever, just for ranting, so why wouldn't I open something that actually makes sense?

Since I am an IT technician and administrator I have some computer skills and knowledge. So, if you are having problems with your computer, fell free to ask here, post error messages or screenshots, I will try to help you. Also, I will write about my own experiments with different problems and put detailed info on how-to-do it.

For example, did you try to fix your graphic card by putting it in a baking oven? I did and it was fixed.

Idea

P.S.
I'm sure there are more people here who can help out as well, so feel free to join in.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Filox's post
30-11-2011, 08:33 AM
RE: Technology by Filox
Great idea. Would have been a fantastic idea if you had posted this a couple weeks ago before I had to take my desktop in for a virus removal. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-11-2011, 11:04 AM
(30-11-2011 08:33 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Great idea. Would have been a fantastic idea if you had posted this a couple weeks ago before I had to take my desktop in for a virus removal. Smile

Go Linux!

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post
30-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Linux sucks. One of my windows laptops was being fucky for some reason so I used my super old crap one with Ubuntu installed to help fix it and I hated using it. It would freeze randomly with video all the time and te only thing I could find online about it was more people having the same issues.
Anyways good idea filox! I also wish this thread existed about a month ago lol. Oh well.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2011, 11:25 AM
My desktop is doing some crazy stuff. I'll get a video of what it's doing tonight... maybe that will help you diagnose it.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
30-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Great idea! I'd be glad to help out as much as I can also! My focus in computers is databases though, so I'm not sure how much I can help. Big Grin

I've removed a few viruses in my day though. I tend to stick with my ol' standard of MalwareBytes and AdAware, but if they fail then you have to bring out the big guns like ComboFix. I could use some new ideas in that realm- ComboFix is dangerous to use at times.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
30-11-2011, 11:34 AM
(30-11-2011 11:30 AM)kineo Wrote:  Great idea! I'd be glad to help out as much as I can also! My focus in computers is databases though, so I'm not sure how much I can help. Big Grin

I've removed a few viruses in my day though. I tend to stick with my ol' standard of MalwareBytes and AdAware, but if they fail then you have to bring out the big guns like ComboFix. I could use some new ideas in that realm- ComboFix is dangerous to use at times.

Superantispyware is amazing and underrated.

Also ComboFix is like a computer enema.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-11-2011, 11:56 AM
(30-11-2011 11:17 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Linux sucks. One of my windows laptops was being fucky for some reason so I used my super old crap one with Ubuntu installed to help fix it and I hated using it. It would freeze randomly with video all the time and te only thing I could find online about it was more people having the same issues.
Anyways good idea filox! I also wish this thread existed about a month ago lol. Oh well.

You have trouble with Linux so Linux sucks... interesting. Sounds reasonable, well thought out and an excellent learning experience.

I run 9 servers, Apache, Bind 10 DNS servers, 2 personal networks, 6 personal desktops, 9 domains and 120 desktops for a school. I have had no problems at all. It beats the hell out of the windows ran over the last 10 years. I guess I'm really lucky.

You still have a problem with me for some reason lucradis? I really was joking with you about purple squares you know. I guess you don't.

Forum grooming at it's best. It's so easy to dis what bothers your soul and so hard to learn from it. 'moving on so you can keep your social base intact.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post
30-11-2011, 12:01 PM
(30-11-2011 11:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 11:30 AM)kineo Wrote:  Great idea! I'd be glad to help out as much as I can also! My focus in computers is databases though, so I'm not sure how much I can help. Big Grin

Superantispyware is amazing and underrated.

Also ComboFix is like a computer enema.

I'll give Superantispyware a try next time it comes up!

So true about ComboFix... so true. Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
30-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Dude like wtf?

I don`t like linux, it`s ok. It wasn`t a personal attack. I never said I liked windows either. Both have issues to me, I just find linux to be difficult to use more so than windows. I would imagine that has to do with the fact that isn`t as supported as windows is. It`s functional enough for most things but I found it to fall short in other areas. One thing I do like about it is the close to immunity to virus. That`s handy these days. Who knows maybe one day it will garner more support and be the most viable option for me. I doubt it though because windows has a pretty strong lead.

Just so you know I don`t have a problem with you at all. There are people on here I avoid, and even a couple I`m not too fond of but you aren`t actually on that list.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user