Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
22-10-2012, 01:57 PM
RE: Technology by Filox
I wonder if I can get help with the problem of Windows 7 deselecting programs for no reason.

I can't use a program for more than a minute before it decides to deselect. I'm getting close to pulling an 'Elvis Quick-Fix' on the computer.

I feel like this:

[Image: FarSideRocketScientists.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 11:07 PM
What do you mean "deselecting the program"? Do you mean that the window of the application/program suddenly becomes gray, like you switched to another window, but you didn't?

If that is the case, this would mean that some application works in background, but not all the way, so it takes over the main window for a second and then it remains in the background, but your window was already deselected.

I would go with the virus, or some similar bad program, but it does not need to be the case, some stupid update can do that as well.

Try Comodo antivirus, go back a few pages here and read the info about Comodo, I've written it for ears a few months ago. Clean your computer, or simply format the C: drive and make a nice, new, clean install.

Feel free to continue with the questions here.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
24-10-2012, 08:32 AM
So Filox, I need a bit of advice.
I'm trying to access top secret files on the government's secure computers but don't know where to begin.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
24-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't know if this will help clarify it, but this is the issue as described by online help sites:

Link here

I will try what you mentioned.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
25-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Ah, so it is (was) a malware. It seems that it can be fixed with both Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes. I am not sure about Comodo, but I'm pretty confident it should do the job as well. Just one word of advice. If you are installing Comodo be sure do uninstall any other antivirus program you might have before you start with Comodo.

Ears, why don't you try this?

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Thankfully, we are getting a new computer around Christmas time. Which meeans, it will most likely come with windows 8.

Personally, I really like windows 8. I think it looks real nice and has lots of cool features. But the problem is, it is clearly designed for tablets.

So, would w8 be good for just simply home use, such as browsing the webs, word documents and some light games e.g, minecraft and TF etc? Or is still terrible for PC? Apparently it's terrible for business but I won't be getting into that.
05-11-2012, 03:48 PM
(30-11-2011 11:17 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Linux sucks. One of my windows laptops was being fucky for some reason so I used my super old crap one with Ubuntu installed to help fix it and I hated using it. It would freeze randomly with video all the time and te only thing I could find online about it was more people having the same issues.
Anyways good idea filox! I also wish this thread existed about a month ago lol. Oh well.
Linux is better than Apple. Drinking Beverage

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
06-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Logica, if I remember it correctly, Mac OS is based on Unix, which is OS that Linux was based upon. So Mac OS and Linux have the same backbone.

As for the Windows 8, my God, NO, don't! Let me explain... There is no version of Windows that was any good before the SP1 (Service Pack) was released. I don't see why Win8 would be better than the rest and why you think that they are already good, stable and secure. They are not and I don't need to test them to know that. It is still too new, it is not a good thing to buy a brand new OS, that hasn't been properly tested and patched. And Win8 has not been.

Also, I have no idea about the compatibility, applications, games... This means that I am not familiar with the insides of Win8, so I can not tell you will you be able to play the games you play today, will you be able to use the applications, programs that you are used to, or will the new OS need new versions of some software... I suggest Googleing this.

Then there is part about processor and memory usage. While XP spends 350 MB of RAM, Win7 uses around 700-800 MBs of RAM, while idle and with antivirus installed. The question is is Win8 more or less optimized, or to translate this, will it work faster or slower than Win7 on the same machine. These are the questions I can not answer because I have not worked with Win8, I have not seen them, installed them, nothing.

If I were buying a new computer with original OS (which I would never do :monsterSmile I would rather give my money for Win7 x64 with SP1. I would not spend money on anything else at this moment.

Just my 23453 cents...

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 03:41 PM by Logica Humano.)
(06-11-2012 05:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  Logica, if I remember it correctly, Mac OS is based on Unix, which is OS that Linux was based upon. So Mac OS and Linux have the same backbone.
And all PCs run on binary code. Does that mean they are all equatable in terms of quality and performance? The problem I have with Macintosh is their lack of freedom and capability, the absence of innovation, and the utter non-existence of out-of-house programming capabilities. Apple is like a vertically monopolized old whore. I welcome the day when Apple goes bankrupt, Samsung teabags it corpse, and Sony sucks its thumb knowing it'll be next.

That and Linux is fuckin' open sourced as shit.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
06-11-2012, 04:58 PM
(06-11-2012 03:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 05:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  Logica, if I remember it correctly, Mac OS is based on Unix, which is OS that Linux was based upon. So Mac OS and Linux have the same backbone.
And all PCs run on binary code. Does that mean they are all equatable in terms of quality and performance? The problem I have with Macintosh is their lack of freedom and capability, the absence of innovation, and the utter non-existence of out-of-house programming capabilities. Apple is like a vertically monopolized old whore. I welcome the day when Apple goes bankrupt, Samsung teabags it corpse, and Sony sucks its thumb knowing it'll be next.

That and Linux is fuckin' open sourced as shit.
Wow, you're too young to be an old grump. Shocking

Keep up the good work; someone has to be ready to replace me. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post