Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Re: Technology by Filox
Try removing the HDD from the enclosure and install it as an internal drive or in another enclosure. The cheap-ass plasticrap enclosures and their USB controllers are more likely to fail than the drive itself.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
10-01-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: Technology by Filox
There's that, too. Sadly, in my case it was the drive itself. WD have been making some really crappy products.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
10-01-2013, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 10:28 AM by Vosur.)
(10-01-2013 10:05 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Try removing the HDD from the enclosure and install it as an internal drive or in another enclosure. The cheap-ass plasticrap enclosures and their USB controllers are more likely to fail than the drive itself.
All right, I'll try that.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
10-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Luckily enough, it works fine as an internal drive. Now why doesn't it work externally? Consider

10-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Connections problem. Can you find another enclosure? Could it be your USB cable? Did you try it with a different cable?

10-01-2013, 11:14 AM
(10-01-2013 10:57 AM)Vera Wrote:  Connections problem. Can you find another enclosure? Could it be your USB cable? Did you try it with a different cable?
No, yes and no. I don't have another enclosure or another USB cable.

Anyway, my father borrowed me this thing so I can at least copy my stuff from the external hard drive to the internal one.

10-01-2013, 11:22 AM
(10-01-2013 11:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  No, yes and no. I don't have another enclosure or another USB cable.

Anyway, my father borrowed me this thing so I can at least copy my stuff from the external hard drive to the internal one.
Dude, always have plenty of USB cables around Tongue I sometimes think cables will be the death of me, I'll either trip on one or hang myself with one...

BTW, we kinda forgot to ask if your drive was still in its warranty period. If yes - oops.

Good idea to save your data though, then whatever happens, won't be as bad.

10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
(10-01-2013 11:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  BTW, we kinda forgot to ask if your drive was still in its warranty period. If yes - oops.

[Image: tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png]

(10-01-2013 11:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  Good idea to save your data though, then whatever happens, won't be as bad.
Yeah. As long as I still have the data, all is fine. Now if only my W-Lan stick would still work, everything would be cool.

10-01-2013, 11:41 AM
(10-01-2013 11:37 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 11:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  BTW, we kinda forgot to ask if your drive was still in its warranty period. If yes - oops.

[Image: tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png]

(10-01-2013 11:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  Good idea to save your data though, then whatever happens, won't be as bad.
Yeah. As long as I still have the data, all is fine. Now if only my W-Lan stick would still work, everything would be cool.
For the record, I wasn't the one who suggested taking it apart Tongue

(Yeah, saving the data is what counts most. I lost all mine. Twice. Thank god it was mostly media, not personal stuff.)

10-01-2013, 12:26 PM
(10-01-2013 11:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 10:57 AM)Vera Wrote:  Connections problem. Can you find another enclosure? Could it be your USB cable? Did you try it with a different cable?
No, yes and no. I don't have another enclosure or another USB cable.

You can by a drive enclosure for pretty short money. I have a couple - one has both USB and eSATA interfaces.

I originally got it so I could access drives from dead or dying laptops. Worth every penny.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user