Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
13-05-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: Technology by Filox
(Im posting this on behalf of cheapthrillseaker who cant post it herself. Apologies for poor formatting I'm copypasting from facebook using an ipod)

My friends internet prompted me to set up with them. I didn't have the password, and went to use my phones internet. At first, the phones internet didn't work - it always prompted with my friends internet

I unstarred her internet, and then started to use mine. I got the sites were unsecured. Google, facebook, TTA, youtube. All GONE. I had to manually allow them. I've got facebook, youtube and a wonky-ass TTA. Google is not working

I can't even send a picture of how firefox tells me google is an unsecured connection.

Any tabs opened and I have to start all over again. And I have to start all over again with different searches. It's all coming up as untrusted.

this could be coming from the prompt from my friends internet. I don't know if it's her stuff or just easily solved through my computer. So far restarts did nothing.

all I know is it started since the prompt.Nothing was downloaded from her internet provider. she had told me Mcaffee might be causing it. I don't have Mcaffee on my computer

The messages say.
Quote:This Connection is Untrusted You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to http://www.google.ca, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

http://www.google.ca uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for the following names:
activation2.sympatico.ca , wg1.sympatico.ca , wg3.sympatico.ca , wg.bellnet.ca , wgp.bell.ca , importantnotification1.sympatico.ca , importantnotification2.sympatico.ca

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

If you understand what's going on, you
can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification.
Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is
tampering with your connection.
Don't add an exception unless
you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
13-05-2013, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 11:16 AM by cheapthrillseaker.)
Thanks, Scotty.

EDIT: Tinkered with firefox to forget everything.

It's working now.

Now I'm not sure I want to connect with anything but my phone's internet.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
14-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Strange... I think this was caused by some Firefox settings, mainly the once that have something to do with "Secure Connection". I am just looking at my Firefox and can't find anything related to this...

Easy way to check if it was Firefox or your internet connection. Just use any other browser and see what is happening, if the same problem exists in IE, Chrome or Opera, than it is ISP based problem, or something with your computer/OS. If a different browser removes the problem, then your browser is the guilty one.

I think that it was only your cookies, history and those temporary stuff that has confused your Firefox. There is an option to clear your history when exiting. Use that, it is wise to keep it clean. Clean everything, except saved passwords, if you use that. Also, update your browser.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
15-05-2013, 02:22 AM
I think I have discovered the actual problem.
Not the fan but the CPU itself.
Programs I run, such as games, are using like 100% of the cpu, overheating it.

I don't think it's normal to be using so much of the cpu? Right now I'm using firefox and task manager and speedfan and I'm using 20% of the cpu...
15-05-2013, 05:06 AM
(15-05-2013 02:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I have discovered the actual problem.
Not the fan but the CPU itself.
Programs I run, such as games, are using like 100% of the cpu, overheating it.

I don't think it's normal to be using so much of the cpu? Right now I'm using firefox and task manager and speedfan and I'm using 20% of the cpu...

It is normal for games to use 100% of the CPU, especially if your graphics card is not doing all the rendering work.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2013, 05:25 AM
nevermind then, back to the fan being at fault. (or the mobo.)
16-05-2013, 03:19 AM
As I told you, something is wrong with some sensors. It could be the sensor on motherboard, it could even be the CPU, then that "something" is sending false data to the fan and the fan spins like everything is cool, when it is not.

Now that I think about it, I had a laptop with this kind of problem, I just didn't want to get into it, so I gave it to my friend for spare parts. He informed me that CPU has some faulty sensor and it reports very high temperatures that result in shutting down, but in reality, laser checking says the temp doesn't go over 50°C, while BIOS reports around 100°C. This is the opposite of what you are experiencing, but it the same shit, get it?

Faulty sensor. Now I will ask you again, WARRANTY? Why don't you take it back to the shop and get a new motherboard?? You are so god damn slow with this testing, all your warranties are gonna expire until you realize you need to use them.

-Hunter S. Thompson
28-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Hey, Filox, do you by any chance know anything about "Write protection"?

I ask because my USB has suddenly become 'write protected', now I can't edit any files contained on it (say a word file I need for school or something) wouldn't even let me delete files.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Take the USB out of the computer. Hold it in your hands. Bring it very close to your eyes. Now search for a small switch somewhere and put the switch in the other position.

If it is not a physical (hardware) thing then I will have to drink my coffee and come back when I clear my head.

I think there is an option to lock the drive, but wait for it...

-Hunter S. Thompson
28-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Unfortunately, it has no switch on it, at least not unless it is less than half a millimetre.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.