Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
09-12-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Technology by Filox
Sooooo,every time when i plugin my usb drive,a folder named "system" is created with the file "igfxpliers.exe" in it. What is it? I can't delete it as win explorer says its being used by another program.
At first i thought it was a virus,so i searched for all files named that way,and there is also one on my sys32 folder,and anotha bunch of files starting with "igfx" wich are signed by microsoft.
Sooo,is it a virus? Why is it there? Bitdefender says its ok,as does windows secuirity essentials,

but i want it gone cuz i don't like it that i have a folder created every time i plug it (i use my phone's memory card as usb stick and i can delete the folder via phone)

this happens to all usb drives

also,how do you disable autorun in windows? And how to delete the autorun file? Always in use

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 10:20 AM by Filox.)
If you have autorun enabled, then IT IS A VIRUS. And every stick you have used now has it. Bitdefender and Windows security essentials are crap and you can wipe you ass with them. They are OK only for the most basic protection.

Since you already have a virus and since it is spreading and since your AV programs can not detect the problem, you have only one solution, I think I have said that like a hundred times here already...

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwar...i_malware/

Do a scan with Malwarebytes, it is the best virus removal tool in the world, better than any other AV. When you install it, UNCHECK the box that will offer you a free trial version and use it as a shareware, like it is. Be sure to update it and run a full scan. I would recommend you connect all your USB stick in your PC, because you will have problems later. You see, you might clean your PC, but as soon as you plug in your USB, it will infect the PC, again. Clean them all together.

As for removing autorun in Win7, http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

Big Grin

I would HIGHLY recommend everyone to DISABLE the autorun feature. You see, if you do not have that turned on, then you can clean your USB sticks one at a time, without fear of infecting your computer. Every time you see a hidden "autorun" file on your USB, it means you have a virus and autorun feature turned on. If you open the autorun file with some text editor, you will see exact path to the virus. You still won't be able to delete it, you will need an AV that can detect it, so Malwarebytes...

P.S.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...nd-autorun

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...968744175b

Read a bit...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I'll try malware bytes as soon as its finished downloading. And the autorun,nah,it dun work. I googled it many times,tried most of m,but the damn OS or the damn firus keeps enabling it again(win xp btw)

11-12-2013, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 01:48 PM by Filox.)
Oh, winxp... Well in that case, there is always Autopatcher. Inside, among many, many beautiful things, there is a check box to disable autorun. Also, an old CD burning program, CloneCD used to have it, so I would install it just to use that feature. Smile

Tell me a few things first. Do you have Service Pack 3? Do you have a legal copy of Windows and do you use Automatic Updates? Do you know what Autopatcher is and have you ever used it?

Are you willing to play along?

Evil_monster

EDIT:

Brilliant! I had an epiphany! TweakUI. There is a small program called TweakUI that has the AutoPlay turn off feature. http://www.filehippo.com/download_tweakui/

Under "My Computer" section, "AutoPlay", "Drives". Just uncheck all of them.

This is a quick solution, Autopatcher is still a great option.

EDIT2:

Also, there is this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...5112800135

-Hunter S. Thompson
11-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Yes,i tried the regedit tip a few weeks ago. I figgured i did something wrong.
And yes,i have a legal copy of xp pro,with service pack 3.
Never used auto updates cuz i have no internet at home,and only if i really nead internet on my pc i use my mobile as modem. No idea what autopatcher is tho

11-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Have you guys used "malwarebytes Chameleon" yet, its very good at flushing out live malware.
even a recent one that had changed GP settings so you could not use USB devices or the CD/DVD drive.

On the infected PC, right click the IE icon and run as administrator. (this works most times, where fire fox and chrome are hijacked)
Type this in the address bar: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/chameleon/
Click the link "Download from Malwarebytes.org", save and extract the files.
Right click on " svchost.exe " and run as administrator.
A Dos like window will appear, follow the instructions to kill active malware before it updates and runs a scan.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
04-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Just have a silly question. I've seen some tutorials where the BIOS had like a really nice GUI.i'm always like,damn, how the crap did they get such a nice interface?
Do you guys know? I updated my bios,and its still shitty and not goodlooking

06-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Only some new motherboard have that. You can not upgrade yours to look like that.

-Hunter S. Thompson
06-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Do you have any experience with WD MyCloud? Their instructions seem to presuppose I have an IT background. I know it is a lot to ask, if you know where to find layman instructions on its use for instance maybe? Consider
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
So why am I experience 100% packet loss and stupidly high ping?

[Image: oscar.png]