Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
23-04-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Technology by Filox
(23-04-2014 07:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:03 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Make and model?

iPhone 4

Did you forget your passcode?

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2014, 07:59 PM
(23-04-2014 07:49 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  iPhone 4

Did you forget your passcode?

Yes, that's the problem. Like a dumb-ass, I forgot my passcode.
23-04-2014, 08:04 PM
(23-04-2014 07:59 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:49 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Did you forget your passcode?

Yes, that's the problem. Like a dumb-ass, I forgot my passcode.

Do you have a way to plug it into a computer? The only option available now is to restore it to original settings unless you remember your passcode now and have previously synced it with itunes.Undecided

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
25-04-2014, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 09:09 AM by Filox.)
I am not familiar with these "iPhone4" things, but for every device there is a hardware reset, designed for these kind of things. I'll google it up a bit and let you know.

EDIT:

Well, this was fast and simple.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/01/16/forgot-ip...-to-reset/

According to this, you do need a usb cable and a computer, with iTunes. Then follow the instructions. Doesn't look complicated, just follow one step at a time, do not be hasty young master Ganfdalf and all shall end well. You will, however, loose all your data on the phone, but at least you will have your phone. Maybe you can backup the data before factory reset? Didn't thought about this...

C'mon, brainstorming, isn't there anyone better with iPhones here than I?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks X2! I will resort to that as a last effort. I'm going to keep trying some more pass codes (sucks I get locked out for hour+ now), I do have stuff I don't want lost unfortunately, but not the end of the world I guess. I hardly ever put a passcode on my phones, rotten luck I did this time.

Thanks for accessing the google machine for me Tongue
18-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know of a free quiz-maker online that doesn't have any restrictions such as amount of entries or time-limits?
23-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Ok. I need a tech-savvy person ASAP. http://lightvaderpersonalstorage.xtgem.c...etails.htm

^ report from gparted when i checked my disk. Tried ntfsfix and fsck on linux, because windows gets stuck on the splash screen. safe mode does not work. Save mode+command prompt fails as well. So does every option in the save boot menu.
I can access the disk on linux, but i (or my mom) needs windows daily.
I do not have the windows cd. How to fix this?
I think this problem is caused by my rather bad habbit of hard shutdown-ing the pc when i forget to press F12 to boot from my usb, so windows starts.
And my other bad habbit of skipping filechecks because it saves time.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
23-06-2014, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2014 09:45 AM by Filox.)
(23-06-2014 07:29 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Ok. I need a tech-savvy person ASAP. http://lightvaderpersonalstorage.xtgem.c...etails.htm

^ report from gparted when i checked my disk. Tried ntfsfix and fsck on linux, because windows gets stuck on the splash screen. safe mode does not work. Save mode+command prompt fails as well. So does every option in the save boot menu.
I can access the disk on linux, but i (or my mom) needs windows daily.
I do not have the windows cd. How to fix this?
I think this problem is caused by my rather bad habbit of hard shutdown-ing the pc when i forget to press F12 to boot from my usb, so windows starts.
And my other bad habbit of skipping filechecks because it saves time.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Consider

No help for you. Drinking Beverage

You will now learn to live with the stupid choices you make in your life. Yes, you are 100% right when you say you killed your disk with the way you turned off your computer and you constantly refused to let it do the chkdsk. Laughat

My guess is that you would need to buy a new disk, reinstall the Windows and all the applications. Facepalm

Now, to not be the asshole I would like to be, here are some ideas about saving your ass.

I don't know about Linux disk tools, but I do know about chkdsk /r. It is maybe the best tool that Windows ever made. NTFS is not a Linux partition, so I am not sure what to recommend you.

First, I want to know a few things. You say you have Linux and Windows installed. Do you have both systems on a single HDD and if you do, do you have separate partitions for each OS?

To sort out your system NTFS partition, you need to get to windows command prompt somehow. You can do that with a few things, easiest would be the Windows installation disk and then follow the instructions. You don't have it... Then try downloading MiniPE XT, live Windows CD, full of useful tools, all Windows based, for Windows users. That, or HirenBootCD. Both of these must be burned to a CD and then booted, yadda, yadda, then you search through a bunch of tools until you find what you need.

The easies solution would be to take out the HDD, plug it in some other PC, start that other PC normally, not boot your OS. You click "Start", enter "cmd", hit Enter, enter "chkdsk x: /r" where x is the letter of the partition you want to scan, and you hit enter again. It should start to scan and since you have chosen "/R" option, it could last for a few hours. If it does not start, but tells you that the drive is currently locked, then asks you can it scan after reboot, you just say "y" and hit enter. Then restart. Than wait and DO NOT "Hit any key to cancel scheduled scan". It will also last for a long time, but it depends how big your HDD is, how much free space it has and how damaged is the data or/and the disk itself.

In the end, you must catch the log and see what it did. If the log says that you have some "Bad Sectors" that means your HDD is starting to die and you should start searching for a new one, even if this one still functions. You see, CHKDSK /R can fix numerous disk errors and block out bad sectors, but even if they are blocked, it still means that your HDD is suffering from physical damage and it is only a matter of time before the bed sectors start to spread around. Sometimes I've seen disk that can last for years normally with just a few bad sectors, but sometimes they die quite quickly.

If you do not have any bad sectors, then your disk is OK, but your OS may still be beyond repairing. You will see that after the test is done and you try to load your Windows. If Windows start then clean it up with CCleaner (both Cleaner and Regystry cleanup), then defrag it using Auslogics Defragler. Both can be found here: http://filehippo.com/

Smartass

Now, I just have one last question, if you answer it positively, you do not need to do any of this shit you just read, your disk is dead.

- Do you hear "click ... bzzz... click" from your HDD when you try to load Windows?

Censored

Big Grin

Clicking sound is the death sound. No need to bother yourself trying to fix it. But it is possible to save some data, even if the disk is clicking. We shall talk about data recovery if this is the case, it is a specifically boring topic. And another long post.

Evil_monster

P.S.

ALWAYS wait for the Windows to load fully, then go to SHUT DOWN button and wait until it has shut down. If you are using your power button to turn off the PC, do not hold it for 4 seconds to do a force shut down, it is the same thing as unplugging it from the wall and your hard drive does not like to be left powerless in the middle of 7200 rpm reading/writing frenzy. You can use Control Panel - Power Option to make the power button do normal shut down (NOT sleep or hibernate) and then it is OK to use it, but not hold it for 4 seconds.

NEVER turn off your PC when Windows Updates are telling you DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PC... It is absolutely the easies way to destroy your OS.

There.

-Hunter S. Thompson
23-06-2014, 09:26 AM
I have linux on my usb. Not on my hard disk. And i see no way on how to run chckdsk when windows keeps getting stuck at the splash screen from all the optiond from save modes menu, and i don't happen to have a recovery cd.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
23-06-2014, 09:41 AM
(23-06-2014 09:26 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  I have linux on my usb. Not on my hard disk. And i see no way on how to run chckdsk when windows keeps getting stuck at the splash screen from all the optiond from save modes menu, and i don't happen to have a recovery cd.

I hope you have a friend that has a PC and is not afraid to open it and put your HDD inside. I do that all the time, but not everyone is willing or able to do it...

Tell me what you can do, we will go from there.

-Hunter S. Thompson