Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
16-12-2011, 03:42 AM
RE: Technology by Filox
*BUMP*

Just don't want this post to disappear in the sea of posts, it will not be of any use anymore then.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 07:03 AM
*BUMP*

Just don't want this post to disappear in the sea of posts, it will not be of any use anymore then.

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-12-2011, 03:11 AM
*BUMP*

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-12-2011, 10:17 AM
(10-12-2011 10:11 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-12-2011 08:37 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yes, I was telling you that, but that was before I knew you had on-board graphic card, if I had known that in advance, I wouldn't have given you that advice. You did mention it in one of the posts, but I have not registered that part, so I continued to write as if you were having the classic card. My bad, sorry. Although I think that even the on-board one might be fixed, it does not sound very easy.

Smile

lol it's ok. I'm going to raid my old computer and see if my old VC will work.

I'll help Filox keep this thread alive.

I scanned the posts and saw this issue and wanted to touch on it too. KC from what I understood you have an integrated video card (on mobo). If this is so I personally wouldn't bake the entire MOBO to fix the vid card. But maybe Filox could touch base on this. I personally take the desoldering gun to my old boards and replace parts. I wouldn't suggest you do this. It's much cheaper to run to best buy and get another card if you have open agp/pci/pci-e slots.

If your old pc's vid card is PCI and your newer PC has a slot open it will work. Also if you replace your video card I would go into the cmos/bios to disable the on board card just to free up resources. I used to do pc house calls, but no I'm not driving 2 hours to fix your PC Tongue

These problems are old and you have probably fixed it already but anyway here ya go Smile

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Oh great, so I even have help. Excellent, we shall fix them TOGETHER!! Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
05-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Well. I thought I might as well share some issues I've been having with my new computer.

I'll give the spec.
I7 CPU with G1.Guerrilla motherboard
12GB Kingston 1200 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 maxiops SSD <- Win7 installed on this.
3x 2TB hdd in raid 5 config
Corsair PSU - HX650W
GTX570 Graphics card.

---
The issue.. get random freezes sometimes while playing a game. It usually recovers though sometimes reboots and then the ssd isn't detected in the bios untill I turn it off (or disconnect power) and on again. Sometimes the computer just resets by itself even while idle Sad

THe ssd has a red and green light showing if this happens and the red light goes away if I power cycle and everything continues to work normally.

I have taken out the cpu and checked for bent pins on the motherboard but haven't noticed any. Probably too many to notice...

I'm about to run a few cycles of memtest or windows memory diagnostic.
My computer config is standard. No overclocking options enabled for cpu/ram/etc.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
07-01-2012, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 03:19 AM by Filox.)
Hmmm... Interesting, my dear Watson. Does it happen while doing anything else, beside the games? 'Cause, you do know that games tend to crash on their own from time to time, that part is not so strange, but the part where your PC can not detect your SSDs is strange. I would bet on the RAID field, it could very easy be something in that configuration that is confusing your system. What I can suggest is get the newest drivers for RAID controller, and for the rest of the components and if you know how to, flash the BIOS of your motherboard to the newest possible.

Rebooting can also be a sign of overheating, due to the badly mounted cooler, malfunctioning cooler or controller, but is hardly the case here, specially on such a good and expensive hardware.

To see some of the logs and to get the better picture, turn of a feature called "Automatic Restart in case of BSOD." That way, instead of automatic restart, you will get the BSOD and a code for the error, so it will be easier to go from there. Also, we can see if it has the BSOD, or it just restarts, there is a difference there.

So, try to find some error logs, turn off the Automatic Restart, get the newest drivers and BIOS, test the memory and HDs, then come back so we can continue. Smile

Also, when testing memory and HDs, test them one at a time, meaning one memory module, or one disk, not all of them together. Do the tests with some bootable CD/DVD, not from Windows. The problem can be in any of the components you have, so now you need to test them one by one and see what happens.

P.S.
To test your RAID field/controller (and also your HDs) you should take out all the HDS but one and then run on only one SSD for a few days, if it is possible, I did not work with RAIDs too much, so I do not know the details. As I see, you can not just unplug the rest of the drives, without reinstalling your OS... Problems, problems...

-Hunter S. Thompson
11-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Deep, any progress?

+BUMP+

-Hunter S. Thompson
11-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Don't forget PSU issues. These appear out of thin air from time to time. Even with out of the box PC's. If you have another Power supply with ample wattage for your system setup I would suggest swapping it out also.

On my recent PC build I ordered my 2 towers and both towers had 650 watt PS's and both PSUs burned out. I replaced both with high end PSUs and random restart/lockup issues went away.

Your graphics card + system requires a certain size PSU. Nvidia recommends a 550-600 watt minimum PSU for your particular GFX card.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Well, he has a 650W Corsair, enough power for this configuration, and since it is Corsair, it is not something cheap and crappy, so I kinda ruled it out, but of course it can also be a problem, only I still think that this is due to 3 SSDs in RAID. I don't know why, but that part stinks. It is hard to make a diagnose without being in front of the computer with my tools of trade, it could be many things and someone needs to rule out one by one until only one remains.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post