Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Technology by Filox
Yeah I understand, I always check the PSU first in my testing because I have extras laying around I have repaired. It's generally easier for me that way. But this is your post so I just point out little things that may get missed- and I'm switching careers to nursing so I don't have much time to keep up with technology as of lately Smile

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I stickied the thread as ive seen a few Tech help threads recently.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 08:47 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Speaking of stupidity, how do I attatch an animated smiley to a post, or my signature ? Thanks.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-01-2012, 10:03 AM
(12-01-2012 07:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Speaking of stupidity, how do I attatch an animated smiley to a post, or my signature ? Thanks.

You will need:
1. One irrepressibly friendly guy.
2. A wooden post.
3. A stapler.

Sign his face, then staple him to the post. Voila!
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
13-01-2012, 05:14 PM
(13-01-2012 10:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 07:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Speaking of stupidity, how do I attatch an animated smiley to a post, or my signature ? Thanks.

You will need:
2. A wooden post.
3. A stapler.

I'll get you for that. Cool Actually I have the post and the stapler. Where do you live ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2012, 06:57 PM

[img]insert smiley url here [/img]

There are some other useful bits of code here

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
13-01-2012, 09:26 PM
(13-01-2012 10:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  

You will need:
2. A wooden post.
3. A stapler.

You pretty much just described the Crucifixion.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-01-2012, 10:06 PM
(13-01-2012 06:57 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

[img]insert smiley url here [/img]

There are some other useful bits of code here
[Image: doh2.gif]
Bless you.....er, .....wait..
[Image: signofcross.gif]
[Image: takeoff.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-01-2012, 05:04 AM
@ Clint Barnett

Do not think of this as my thread, this is for the general good, to help people in need, so feel free to give us your input as well.

@ FSM_scot

Good.

@ Bucky Ball

Sorry, I mostly do hardware and hardware based problems and testing, so I can't help you with the smiles, and they are not that important, so...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
15-01-2012, 05:28 PM
For the stuttering/restart/BSOD issue, I've seen this happen with other systems with SSD drives. The entire issue could be related to the SSD drive (especially likely because of the inability of the motherboard to detect it on restart). This can be a driver / ahci issue or an issue with motherboard compatibility, or it could be crappy SSD firmware (which we've seen a LOT of in the SSD world.)

If you have a spare physical HDD you can clone your install onto or install Win7 and that game on, and have the time to do so, you may want to temporarily swap out the SSD for a physical hard drive and see if the problem still remains.

If it is not the SSD, then it sounds like the PSU could be struggling (as others have said), though Corsair has good sources for PSU manufacturing and most of the models are extremely reliable. Graphics drivers / overheating could be another thing, though if you're having problems outside of the game, this would be unlikely.

The problem is that there are a lot of possible sources of the issue, including the motherboard. Try to eliminate them one by one through trial and error.

"Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn't exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely." — Sam Harris

"There is no goddamn god, goddamn it."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like w0rmwood's post