Technology by Filox

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2012, 05:19 AM
RE: Technology by Filox
Anyone know what kind of file system does a Philips DVD recorder with 250GB PATA HDD uses? I have a Philips Rec and the disk is crashing the player, so I want to backup the data and try to fix the disk, but the file system is some obscure one, used by Philips, so my Windows do not recognize the partition. I didn't try it on Linux yet, by I will soon.

Any ideas anyone?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Ok, so I can usually tell how fast a computer is by the core it has, e.g core i5 processer. But I recently say a laptop with a sticker on it that said 'intel centrino' on it. Roughly what core what that be equivalent to?
04-07-2012, 05:40 AM
None.

Centrino is not a processor, it is a whole platform. What it means is that the processor, wireless card, chipset and probably the graphic card are all Intel made, so that makes the laptop full-Intel and they like to put a sticker on it.

The processor can be Pentium dual-core, Core2Duo, i3, i5 or i7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Centrino

Bullshit marketing, if you ask me, nothing special there, Intel has great processors, but the wifi cards are nothing special, I would rather get Atheros, but that makes no difference, all wifi works the same. As for Intel graphics, they are always crap. Cheap and low-end. Intel chipsets are good-bad, depended on the chipset, so nothing special there as well.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks! Great info Big Grin
02-08-2012, 06:48 AM
(02-08-2012 06:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I might give it a crack then.
I had nothing until like a couple months back when I downloaded ad-aware to get rid of shit.
That is my current.

I'm not a fan of anti-viruses they piss me off to much. They scan like everyday at the most inconvenient times, slow down my computer and games and if I'm playing a game it'll minimize that game when it starts up at the most inconvenient times.
Sure viruses are bad blah blah, but this is the most serious one I've ever had and I managed to get rid of it.

AAARRGGGHHHH. Wrote a big, detailed post and then copied something over it and lost it... Here we go again, this time shorter.

Uninstall all antiviruses protections you have except Malware, that can come in handy. Everything includes Ad-Aware. If you see Norton Security Scan anywhere, KILL it, it is nothing, but spam.

Then go to http://www.filehippo.com/download_comodo/ and install it with minimum features, turn everything off except the main antivirus thing. When asked for network, tell it it's a public network and tell it to proceed unprotected. Trust me.

UPDATE!!

Then scan everything, full scan, all drives. Delete what it finds.

Then uninstall Comodo and all it's features, the firewall, AV, GeekBuddy support and Dragon browser. I say remove it, because you will go crazy over all the questions Comodo needs to ask you before it can learn the behavior you want it to have.

Go to http://www.filehippo.com/search?q=avg , choose the version (32 or 64) and install AVG Free-Edition, again, be careful of the features, you do not need everything, for example that Win7 application it will offer, completely unnecessary. I recommend AVG because it is good for basic protection, I use it for years now, it is pretty paranoid, so not much can pass without trace and it never asks you anything. It is silent, it never runs scans on it's own, it only updates automatically and displays a small note to inform you. It has real-time protection.

After you are done with everything, install and run http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

This should clean you really good and keep you pretty protected, without having to do anything in the future.

Feel free to ask for details if needed.

-Hunter S. Thompson
03-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks man.
I shall do just that.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Now Filox has a question...

Anyone knows anything about RFID cards? What I am interested in is the security of these card, actually the whole RFID technology and system. No, I do not want to crack these things, I want to protect these things. You see, I work in a company that stared to use these card, or they wanted to start, then I have explained a few problems concerning the technology, but in the last few days the problem of security has emerged. Now, what I need is to find out everything I can about the threat and the possibility of protecting the data on the card by better encryption, or something like that.

So, did anyone work with this, does anyone know the risks or protection, can anyone help me out? Links are also good.

Thank you.

-Hunter S. Thompson
26-09-2012, 06:33 AM
(26-09-2012 05:13 AM)Filox Wrote:  Now Filox has a question...

Anyone knows anything about RFID cards? What I am interested in is the security of these card, actually the whole RFID technology and system. No, I do not want to crack these things, I want to protect these things. You see, I work in a company that stared to use these card, or they wanted to start, then I have explained a few problems concerning the technology, but in the last few days the problem of security has emerged. Now, what I need is to find out everything I can about the threat and the possibility of protecting the data on the card by better encryption, or something like that.

So, did anyone work with this, does anyone know the risks or protection, can anyone help me out? Links are also good.

Thank you.

The Wikipedia article is a good place to start.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 11:22 PM
It's good, thanx, but these are basic info that I more-or-less know already. What I want is more hacker/cracker experience. Preferably, I would want an application to crack the card, so that I can show it to my boss. Now, I understand that there might be a problem with this question because no one can be sure that I will not abuse this information, but still, maybe someone will trust me to be a moral hacker. If you do not want to share the info publicly, there is always a PM. If anyone has any info...

To prove my claims, I need to be able to bypass the security and copy the card. If I can do it, then a lot of people can do it. If I can't do it, then not a lot of people would be able to do it. Rather simple in fact.

-Hunter S. Thompson
16-10-2012, 11:08 PM
OK, I see that there will be no RFID posts here. That's OK, better this way for security reasons.

Anyway, I need help with Excel. It is about IF/THEN formula, but I don't know how to formulate it correctly. What I need to write some data in column A and I want that data to write down some other data in the column B. For example, If I write "1" in column A, I need column B to write "XY" automatically. Then I have about 15 different data numbers that need to be connected with other 15 different data numbers. Can it be done?

Thank you.

-Hunter S. Thompson