Ted Cruz's wonderful dad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2013 02:44 PM by RobbyPants.)
Ted Cruz's wonderful dad
Apparently Ted Cruz's dad is a real peach, and believes that atheists should be put in camps and shot in the face if they try to escape... two or three times "just to be sure".

Edit: It turns out I missed the Show Facts and Hide Facts buttons at the bottom of the site. So, the parts where he says that atheism leads to perversion and hopelessness are all legit, but he didn't suggest actually shooting them in the face. That last part was parody.

Quote:He claimed that the belief systems are two of the main ills facing our society, that they lead to sexual perversion, sexual abuse, and the complete loss of hope, and that people following these two views should be rounded up and placed in special ‘camps’ to keep them separated from the rest of America.
Lets see:
  • sexual perversion - who cares? No one's forcing him into the kinky stuff.
  • sexual abuse - any evidence of that? While the Catholic abuse scandals are far from normal, they are documented...
  • complete loss of hope - as opposed to believing you're part of a plan that doesn't make sense, appears terrible on the surface, and involves no less than two thirds of the population being tortured for eternity? Huh.
  • rounded up and placed in special ‘camps’ - I don't like to Godwin, but really? When has that ever worked out well?

person who would rape people if it werent for God Wrote:“If there is no God, then we are ruled by our instincts,” he said. “Of course, this leads us, when there are no moral absolutes, leads us to sexual immorality, leads us to sexual abuse, leads us to perversion and, of course, no hope. No hope!”
I always love when religious people imply (or even blatantly admit sometimes!) that they would be doing terrible things if they didn't believe there was a god. Wow!

Edit: This last part was parody, it turns out.

this dumb asshole Wrote:“While they’re in their Heathen Zones, they’re free to dance naked around the fire, brand the mark of the Devil on their flesh or whatever else they want to do,” he added. “Of course, if they step one foot outside the electrified fence we shoot them between the eyes. Two or three times, just to be sure.”
Shoot the atheists for Jesus. Because he was into that shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: Ted Cruz's wonderful dad
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Cruz is a scumbag.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-11-2013, 11:14 AM
This is the exactly the kind of shit that keeps me from proclaiming that I'm an atheist to anyone I don't know well enough and has driven me from facebook.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Re: Ted Cruz's wonderful dad
How do I get to this Heathen zone, Is this a physical place or a silly state of mind mumbo concept?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-11-2013, 12:41 PM
This is a joke, right? I can't find these quotes on a more mainstream service.
15-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I did come across a video of him speaking on how atheism leads to sexual perversion because without god to give people morals they rely on base instincts of animals. Since atheists don't believe in god, they have no morals. The man is off his rocker.
15-11-2013, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2013 02:42 PM by RobbyPants.)
(15-11-2013 12:41 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  This is a joke, right? I can't find these quotes on a more mainstream service.

I'm beginning to hope so. I've found the quote in a handful of places, but not any large, well-known sites. As Svaragog said, there is a better record of him talking about atheism leading to perversion.

Edit: It's partial parody. There are Show Facts and Hide Facts buttons at the bottom that I missed. His whole tirade about atheism -> perversion is real, but the "shoot them in the face" part isn't.