Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church
CNN story

Quote:A counseling session on the spiritual state of two brothers turned physical at Word of Life Christian Church in New Hartford, New York, resulting in the death of a young man and serious injuries to his brother, New Hartford Police Chief Michael Inserra said Wednesday.

Their parents, Bruce T. Leonard, 65, and Deborah R. Leonard, 59, each face one count of first-degree manslaughter, a Class B felony. The Leonards were each ordered held on $100,000 bail at arraignment Wednesday. Four other church members were charged with second-degree assault, also a felony.

The 19 year old was beaten so badly that doctors first thought he had been shot.

And then there's this gem:

Quote:But the ex-member denied reports the church is a cult.
"I realize this situation makes it look like this," she said, "but if you listen to the teachings, they are accurate to the Bible."

Yes. I bet they are...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
14-10-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church
I would like to say that news of this kind shock or surprise me, sadly it is not the case. Religion, violence and being piece of trash seems to be closely related.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
14-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Terrible story. I was skimming the article, but I couldn't see a clear culprit. Was it a group? A single person? The brother? The parents?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
14-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Absolutely horrendous. I hear that Christopher (the surviving teen) was left alone in that condition for nearly a day, with congregation members trying to keep people out, before help finally arrived.

Apparently the parents, 33 year old sister, and several other members are the perps.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
14-10-2015, 04:17 PM
(14-10-2015 04:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Terrible story. I was skimming the article, but I couldn't see a clear culprit. Was it a group? A single person? The brother? The parents?

It was a group that included the parents and a sister. Six adults total.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
14-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Disturbing.
14-10-2015, 07:55 PM
We are going to beat the sin out of you!
Such a sad story. Apparently some parents were trying to get their sons 17 and 19 year olds to confess their sins at church. For some reason things turned violent and the parents and other church members started beating the kids. The 19 year old has died and the 17 year old is in critical condition. You can read more here: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ny-t...ns-n444756
15-10-2015, 01:44 AM
Another episode of applied religious morality, whose highest moral aspiration is "Do God's Will", not "Act Human". But, hey, in this country "religious liberty" trumps "don't be a dick" - it says so in the first amendment.

Someday we'll wise up and finally recognize that freedom of belief and freedom of practice are NOT the same thing. Perhaps it'll happen about the same time we recognize that unrestricted firearms and public safety aren't the same thing either. The only unknown is how many more children beaten or shot to death it'll take for those realizations to sink in. Thousands? A million? Buncha slow learners, we 'murikins.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
15-10-2015, 01:58 AM
You know what else is accurate to the bible? Women not fucking speaking. I think round two should be served to her. What a dumb ass.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
15-10-2015, 06:23 AM
This has nothing at all to do with guns -- anymore than it has anything to do with churches.

I've never seen a gun attack anyone, nor have I seen a church go on a rampage.

It takes an asshole.......

And assholes find a way....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.