Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church
Apparently Jason has never heard the phrase "I don't know."

Check it out, it's useful, Jason. I don't have any faith, in god or no-god. I don't know if one exists or not, but I have no faith. And that is my atheism: No faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church
Jason, please tell us you don't believe atheism is a religion. That's an old weak delusion.
19-10-2015, 05:56 PM
(19-10-2015 05:41 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Apparently Jason has never heard the phrase "I don't know."

Check it out, it's useful, Jason. I don't have any faith, in god or no-god. I don't know if one exists or not, but I have no faith. And that is my atheism: No faith.
So you are agnostic?
19-10-2015, 05:58 PM
(19-10-2015 05:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Jason, please tell us you don't believe atheism is a religion. That's an old weak delusion.
No. Just playing devil's advocate to make a point. Just showing how the same frustration atheist have are the same for theist. But I am sure that that isn't news to anyone here.
19-10-2015, 06:03 PM
(19-10-2015 05:58 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 05:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Jason, please tell us you don't believe atheism is a religion. That's an old weak delusion.
No. Just playing devil's advocate to make a point.

Good. I was looking forward to intelligent conversations but that one concerned me for a second. Smile
19-10-2015, 06:03 PM
(19-10-2015 05:56 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  So you are agnostic?

Agnostic doing his damnedest to become at least a solipsist. Ain't there yet.

#sigh
19-10-2015, 06:06 PM
(19-10-2015 06:03 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 05:58 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  No. Just playing devil's advocate to make a point.

Good. I was looking forward to intelligent conversations but that one concerned me for a second. Smile
Lol
19-10-2015, 06:06 PM
(19-10-2015 04:50 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  If this absolute proof exist then why is there still religion?
Because Barnum was right.

(19-10-2015 04:50 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then magically exploded for no reason, creating everything then a bunch of everything magically rearranged for no reason what so ever into self-replicating tiny bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Now I know this is a very sarcastic explanation of the origins of the universe but it is a crude way of showing that atheism in fact does require faith in order to believe said paragraph above is true.

And now you're just trolling.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
19-10-2015, 07:09 PM
(19-10-2015 04:50 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Btw...I am only saying this to make a point and in no way shows my own point of view but rather to understand what theist think about atheist.

You'd really do much better to talk about your own point of view. Not all theists think the same way so you can't speak for them all.

Quote:Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then magically exploded for no reason, creating everything then a bunch of everything magically rearranged for no reason what so ever into self-replicating tiny bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Now I know this is a very sarcastic explanation of the origins of the universe but it is a crude way of showing that atheism in fact does require faith in order to believe said paragraph above is true.

No, it is a crude way of saying that the speaker doesn't understand atheism or much at all about science, particularly big bang and evolutionary theories. It is a strawman characterization that gets us nowhere.

(19-10-2015 05:24 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  So what you're saying is "I don't believe God [does] exist and I don't believe God does no[t] exist"?

Why is that so hard to get across? I would reword it slightly though:
I do not accept the claim that a god exists and I do not accept the claim that no gods exist. I await compelling evidence from either side.

(19-10-2015 05:56 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  So you are agnostic?

Personally, I count myself as an agnostic atheist. I don't hold a belief in any god so I am atheist. I don't pretend that I can definitely say that nothing exists anywhere that couldn't be classified as a god. In the meantime, the complete lack of evidence FOR a god existing means that if one does it isn't active in any way that matters to me so I live as if there are no gods. I do not need faith in any meaningful sense to hold that position.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
19-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Christ Jason, don't be boring.

If all religion can say is "you can't prove me false" then it's *weak*. I can't fucken well prove the Easter Bunny false - neither can you, must we now leave carrots out at Easter to experience his chocolatey blessing?

FFS Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post